Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 8 April 2013
I am so glad I decided to buy this book. The cover is not brilliant as it doesn't really give you a clue about the content of the story but, to be fair, I am not sure what could.

The story is about Barry and Sandra who are absolutely meant to be together because they are both as mad as a balloon and this is what makes their story so good. It's all about acceptance of each other and their flaws, a real feel-good read. It also happens to be one of the funniest books I have read for a while, with sharp and hilarious one liners I wish I had written myself and may well start using verbally around the house just because they make me giggle so much.

Derick Hudson has an eye for the ridiculous and it flows along at a pace in this novel. I loved the banter and relationship the two main characters have, both wonderfully real and believable.

Derek Hudson writes not as a typical male or female author who might stereotype their opposite sex but just as a great storyteller and I hope he writes a sequel to the story of these two very likable characters.
on 18 April 2014
When two OCD sufferers meet, semi-coincidently, nothing could possibly go wrong right? Wrong.

Unlucky in love Sandra Wiggins has just been dumped again. She’s single again and working in a less than glamorous job with a grumpy, old-before-his-time boss. Her only ally is Rebecca, her outspoken colleague.

Sandra’s OCD takes on the usual guise of obsessive cleanliness, only drinking from her luck glass and not walking on the cracks in pavements.

Equally, if not more, obsessive Barry Shaw works advertising company. Barry’s affliction is more complex. He doesn’t like his routine to be disrupted and hyperventilation is always a very real possibility. While out doing some “research” to help with his latest assignment – to advertise a minimising bra – he literally bumps into Sandra, due to his identical aversion to the cracks in pavements.

Barry can’t resist Sandra’s attitude, and handcuffs, and waits in the exact same spot at the very same time the very next day in the hope that the object of his desire will once again cross his path. Little does he know she is also planning to do the same having spent the afternoon thinking about the clumsy oaf that had literally knocked her off her feet.

So, in any good fairy story this would be the part where the pair fall madly in love and live happily ever after. However, this is not a fairy story and the happy every after has to wait a while.

Drama unfolds with every page.

This novel has everything you could ever wish for. A malfunctioning condom, two pregnancies, three babies, a wedding, a wayward lottery ticket, a dubious yet loveable fortune teller, a geriatric dog, two lovebirds and a pet turkey. You cannot fail to love this book. Well worth a read!
on 14 August 2012
I loved this book, a tale two characters both plagued with a multitude of phobias, idiosyncrasies and eccentricities. The hero Barry and the object of his affection, Sandra both collide on a fateful day whilst they are trying to avoid stepping on the cracks in the pavements. It is little quirks like this that lots of people, myself included, do, that makes this book really believable. The book is fast paced, fun and the author cleverly conveys the depth of lust and love that this oddball couple have for each other. Despite their obsessive personalities both Barry and Sandra are really likeable and I couldn't put the book down wanting to know what would happen next and hoping everything would work out for them. The author has a great talent for writing about human nature in a humorous way and the message that came across is such a lovely and positive one - that for every person, however strange they may be, there is the perfect match for them they just need to take a leap of faith.
I would highly recommend this book and will be watching out for more books from Derick Hudson in the future.
on 11 September 2012
What can I say, got this book on free download and loved every word of it.

Just the opening line had me in stitches and intrigued as to how the rest of the book was going to span out.
"Do you come here often?" the vulnerable egg asked the hyperactive sperm.
Can't say I have ever read a better first line. From there on in the book just gets better and better.

Barry meets Sandra and so the fun begins. Both characters are easily loved and come with a multitude of disorders and hangups. Everyday life for the perfectly matched couple seems to bring traumas and dilemmas which will just have you rolling about laughing.

This book really is a laugh a minute book, very cleverly written and a definite page turner.
A must read for anyone!
on 24 August 2014
Again a great read. The last book I reviewed from Derek Hudson I gave it a "6" well I'm going 2 have 2 do that again!!!!! Was just another great read, so funny and mixed up! You have 2 get it yourself as if I were 2 tell you there wouldn't be any surprise's for you!!!!!! Doesn't cost much and if you don't like it I'll take the flack!!!!!
on 7 December 2012
When a book has you laughing on the first page you know you are in for a treat. This was an absolute gem of a read that had me laughing out loud from start to finish.

Well-written, funny, romantic yet with serious moments and with great characters, I couldn't put it down. Barry and Sandra are are a match made in heaven with their dysfunctional, quirky, but realistic problems. Their relationships with their friends and family also add many humorous moments.

Would love there to be a follow up to see how they deal with parenthood and can certainly recommend reading this.
on 2 May 2014
It's very hard to make someone laugh out loud while reading a book to do it consintly is almost impossible howerever mr Hudson does it page after page

Very funny book and great story, some great set ups and a sub plot will leave you on the edge of your seat
on 12 August 2014
Bloody hilarious! Until recently I had never heard of Derick Hudson but on the strength of this I will be buying everything he's written. Funny from start to finish. What more can I say? BUY IT. You won't regret it
on 18 October 2012
I first heard about this book due to the author following me on twitter and me reading his bio.

It took me a while to read it as I had a huge e-library to get through, but once I did I'm glad I did. I loved it, from the prologue of Barry being conceived (done in a very funny way) to him meeting Sandra through them both avoiding cracks in the pavement to the very end and I can't wait for derick's next offering.

It's fun, witty and, despite Barry and Sandra's quirks, I really liked them and I wished Sandra was one of my friends!

Loved it, get publishing something else Mr Hudson soon
on 30 October 2013
This is an extremely funny book about a young couple with OCD and ADHD. It had me laughing most of the way through it. It was also quite rude in places, but this only added to the humour. I could relate to parts of it from my youth.......