5.0 out of 5 stars One Tattoo Everyone Should Have
Published 17 months ago by Seven Ragged Tigers

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that funny
Not what I was expecting! Not really that funny. Most of Rhod is good but some things he does are just not funny! Straight on Ebay!
Published 4 months ago by chausson

5.0 out of 5 stars One Tattoo Everyone Should Have, 23 Nov 2012
Seven Ragged Tigers (Sheffield,England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Rhod Gilbert Live 3: The Man With The Flaming Battenberg Tattoo [DVD] (DVD)
Seeing as I own Rhods previous two stand up DVDs,I thought I knew what I was in for with his latest offering,only I was wrong.Because the Man with the Flaming Battenberg Tattoo has him in the best form I have ever seen.His inspired mad rants have always appealed to me,but he has never been funnier,finding humour in the most unlikely of situations.His relationship with his girlfriend and his anger management are the starting point for the most part,proving to be a great springboards for him to fly off in all directions.I wouldnt have believed being told about what people had written in a cafes guest book,could have me laughing so much.This is very clever comedy,and performed and timed to perfection.Im a big fan,so maybe Im a tad biased,but I think this show sees him stepping up into the big league,and proving just how much of a comedy goldmine his mind is.

I thought the Award Winning Mince Pie was a brilliant display of stand up,but the Flaming Battenberg Tattoo is far better.Its shaper,better paced and has Rhod doing what he does best,and what no other comedian can better,ranting.If the stupid and mundane things of life get under your skin,and wind you up,sit back and enjoy them being taken to task.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great comedy balm to treat a crappy day, 8 Nov 2012
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Whilst I'm not up with a lot of the modern comics, one night when there was nothing much on the satalite channels I ended up on Comedy Central and discovered Rhod Gilbert (this was his "Cat that Looked Like Nicolas Lyndhurst" show) which I have to say made me laugh, so much so that I vowed to remember his name.

So when I heard about this DVD coming out I absolutely had to watch it so set it a particularly tough challenge, to make me laugh after a pretty crappy day. So sitting down, I started the DVD off, cold, miserable and quite annoyed. (So much so that I wanted one of Rhod's diary pages.) What I got for my time was 122 minutes of laughter, about this years ups and down's, his relationships, what used to annoy him and of course discovered that a lot of things that got to him, were also the sort of things that get to all of us. Add to the laughter, some wonderful asides, some cracking observations and back it all up around one particular event that is key to the whole tour, his Flaming Battenburg Tattoo (the obtaining of which is presented as a Special Feature for viewers to watch, alongside him dealing with Hecklers.)

All in I had a lot of fun and this really did pick me up after a day when I thought that nothing would. Its funny, its witty and whilst there is bad language, it was something that I'm definitely going to share with other family members who will appreciate it just as much as I did. I suspect that at some point I'll have to go and see him live, so if you're reading this Rhod, thank you for the gift of laughter.

4.0 out of 5 stars A flaming good show, 4 Jan 2014
Mj Lovell (England) - See all my reviews
Another great show, very funny with pathos as well. Shame the railway buffet routine was left out. The video at the end was wonderful

5.0 out of 5 stars Gilbert at his best, 15 Oct 2013
Or at least as good as I have ever seen him.

This set sees Gilbert balancing between his now characteristic ranting, and smart examination of situation and himself. I loved every minute of this DVD - i must have watched it 20 times or more now, and I always enjoy it.

Must catch him live on his next tour.

5.0 out of 5 stars A welcome return from the brink, 3 Jan 2013
David P (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I have been a fan of Rhod Gilbert ever since he first appeared on TV and told his jokes about growing up in Wales - "I was eight before I realised you could take a cagoule off".

He is a master of barely controlled rage, which can be very funny, but over the years it had been building to the point where it was almost starting to be not funny, just a mad man on stage ranting at anything and everything. But this DVD is a welcome retreat from that, and an explanation (if it isn't true, it's very well thought out) of why it had happened.

The rage is still there, but at the right levels again, and probably at his funniest yet as a result. Anyone who can generate such laughter from the seemingly innocuous gifting of an electric toothbrush is very clever. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not miss!, 4 Oct 2012
Saw Rhod's show live in Guildford last night- absolutely brilliant, laugh a minute stuff! He is so talented and original. Hubby couldn't make it but my friend stood in with no regrets. Got to buy the DVD as a stocking filler for him now and I can't wait to see the show again.

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny, 29 Mar 2014
I sent this to my daughter because I thought it very funny, and would recommend it to friends and relatives.

5.0 out of 5 stars So funny, 12 Mar 2014
I bought this having seen him live. It brought back so many memories and I am still laughing at the sketches now

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer excellence, 5 Mar 2014
This is the first Rhod Gilbert experience for me and it did not disappoint. Hilarious tales of toothbrushes and tantrums. Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for the price, 27 Feb 2014
Great Xmas present for the mr for Christmas, especially for the price I paid for it! He has watched it many times and had no problems. Thank you!!

ARRAY(0xaa10be4c)