5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Yamaha ISX-800 Restio DAB CD iPod/iPhone USB System in Black (Electronics)
We had been looking for a music system for ages and this one ticks every box for us. It is ultra stylish and modern, compact and fantastic if you don't like taking up valuable counter space or don't have much space. The half moon at the base of the stand means it stands flush to the wall and the sound quality is fabulous. There is also an option to mount the stereo to the wall and not use the stand at all. It stands smartly in our kitchen/diner which is downstairs, but the sound can be heard very clearly two floors up! Can't recommend this product enough :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 1 Jun. 2013
This is a perfect system in all ways. It takes up very little room, is part of the furniture & the sound is brilliant - even friends & family have commented on the sound quality. At over £100 cheaper than the shops also a great bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Appreciate Music Again, 25 Mar. 2013
Lucy V. Reeves (London) - See all my reviews
With a sleek stand and minimal proportions, the Yamaha ISX-800 Restio looks like a work of art. It truly has a wonderfulSmooth, concise and room filling sound can be enjoyed from a variety of music sources. This unit will play music from CD, USB memory stick (WAV, MP3 and WMA files), and/or using the iPod/iPhone dock, FM radio and includes Aux input to connect your laptop, Mac etc if desired.

Other features include IntelliAlarm (a new approach to an alarm that filters out out uncomfortable high frequencies, then gradually restoring the full audio spectrum before beeping to ensure you are awake).
The stylish digital clock gives you a choice of two patterns: the usual number display and a unique display that combines numbers and an indicator. An auto dimmer function adjusts the brightness of the display to match the brightness of the room. It also features Yamaha’s IntelliAlarm, which first gently plays the music of your choice and then beeps to ensure that you are fully awake.

Lots of people have commented on the system - I am delighted i have made the right choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars You will not be disappointed, 20 Sept. 2014
Neat compact unit that delivers good sound with sufficient bass and treble where needed.the unit came well packed with good full instructions and was up and running in about fifty minutes.quality of unit is what you would expect of a high end stereo unit though it well never replace a fully separate hi if unit.
I would recommend this as a purchase and I did find it cheapest on amazon compared to the high street.
The dab radio is very neat though the display is in a rather strange position at the top of the unit so is not easy to read.
Fm radio works well too
I pod dock works well and songs don't sound as compressed as on some specialist docks and the CD unit is easy to use and gives precise reproduction.
I haven't tried the USB as yet and you cannot stream but the unit is unobtrusive and gives good sound without being obtrusive.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice and stylish, 13 Feb. 2013
I did order a black one, and what did I get, yes a white one! But never mind it would have cost a fortune to send it back. I first seen it in my local department store and I totally fell in love with it. The price was £500. So Amazon is much cheaper. It's heavy. It's slim, and dead stylish. It has a great sound with loads of bass. I put it in my living room at first but after a few days I put it in the bedroom, which I much prefer. You can wake up to the radio ,which starts quietly and gently gets louder... clever stuff! I always have my music on when upstairs so this is ideal. I only wish the stand was adjustable...... this is a great hi fi but I wouldn't use it as my main one, with the speakers being built in you don't get full stereo effect. Great for bedrooms, conservatory, etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, I love it, 25 Aug. 2014
teekay (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic design and sound quality. Really good product. My only gripe is that the front panel display does not show details of what music CD track is playing or radio station, etc. It permanently shows the time. Wasted space!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Product, 26 May 2014
Fantastic Product. The most valuable machine that I bought to my place. Excelent design and great sound.Strongly recommend. I exceited enough to get another one.