on 9 June 2012
A really excellent little toy. Both my little boys (now 42 and43) have one and seem to enjoy showing children how good it is, and such fun. Good value as not in the bin the next morning, in bits.
0Comment30 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 July 2012
fab little helicopter, really good to fly, great for anybody looking for a helicopter to fly indoors under super control, and excellent understanding along with ease of flight. had super fun with this, looks fragile yet has the toughness of a tank...soooo smooth to control and is easy for anybody to fly. you can charge helicopter,through your computer and this allows you to use the remote for longer as it saves battery power. my younger brother had a helicopter that charged from remote and didn't last very long with battery life. Though this lasts, a long time. Nice to have something that is so fun yet lasts well. Definitely buy due to outstanding quality yet such Cheap PRICE!!
definitely buy!!
0Comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought this for my sons 11th Birthday, he absolutely loves it. My 8 year old can fly it with ease and my 14 year old now wants.
So far after almost 2 weeks of daily flying it has suffered several bumps but no damage.
Recharged in 20 minutes.
I would definitely recommend for ages 8 and upwards.
0Comment43 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 October 2012
Four stars because the remote control was very frustrating.
I ordered one before and the remote didn't work. I sent it back and got a replacement. Same problem.
I tried rechargeable and alkaline batteries but still couldn't get it to work. I noticed the batteries weren't making contact with the metal at the ends so I used tin foil to fill in the gap.
Works great now. No more fiddling about.
I've uploaded a picture to the Amazon pictures gallery for the remote control unit.
Hope this helps.
review image
22 comments78 of 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 January 2012
My youngest son (8 at the time) had asked for a RC helicopter for Christmas but I thought it would be too difficult for him to fly so I didn't get one. But then a friend of my older son (11) brought his round and gave us a demo and let my boys try it too. I was surprised how quickly they got the hang of it and despite several crashes it seemed really robust...so my mind was changed and I got him one for his birthday instead. My older son decided to buy himself one too with some Christmas money so we now have two Syma S107G's buzzing round the house (same model but different colours using different frequencies). They are having great fun with them.
They are fairly robust but accidents do happen and sooner or later something might break but luckily you can buy parts relatively cheaply so I'd say its worth buying a replacement parts set in advance of any mishaps.
My husband has already had to replace a fixing on the main shaft - which was rather fiddly and required a very fine screwdriver but he eventually managed it with the help of a Youtube 'how to...' video clip.
0Comment32 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 January 2012
I've ordered quite a lot of these aswell for family members. There fun for all ages. from 6 years old to 80 years olds. My 6 year old brother can fly this helicopter with ease. My grandad can also fly it very easily. 6 people in my family have one so far. we really do love them. So much fun from such a little toy! we had to send one back due to it not working properly but the seller quickly sent us a replacement one. I recommend net_price_direct. They replied quickly to my emails and sent a replacement helicopter within a few days of me sending the damaged one back. I had no worries at all. I ordered two Syma S107G's from this seller, both arrived quickly and undamaged.
33 comments29 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 November 2012
This is a great little toy for a 64 year old! I had a similar one but a less durable design which self destructed relatively quickly and suffered from blade interference which self digested the blade leading edges! This Syma is a much more robust beast and of better design/manufacture. Still Chinese I know, but has different materials for the rod end interfaces giving good wear properties, and blades which clear each other and last well. Without getting any more technical it is brilliant value for money. You do need patience to wait whilst the battery recharges, but once ready it is quite easy to hover and fly around and forgiving when landed heavily/crashed! Recommended for any age. My two sons also have one each....just the grandson to go now!

I bought it to hone my skills for a larger outdoor heli which I can take off, but not land!!
on 2 March 2013
This is a great model helicopter for use indoors. Much easier to fly than others I have tried, and easily usable by all ages, but it does take some practice to fly it well. Seems to be quite resilient - still in one piece after weeks of hitting the wall and floor! Flying time on one charge varies - generally longer than I expected. Delivered quickly.
on 7 November 2013
Bought for twin boys of 14 as a birthday present. Kept them entertained all day and the younger children were fascinated watching them. The helicopters charge via USB point on a computer and they sorted this out themselves, a bonus as they do seem to be constantly charging them. The controller takes six batteries. The novelty has worn off but I'm sure they will keep going back to them (found the same with Nerf guns). Found partner longingly looking at them, he was amazed at the price of them. There would have been an extra charge to post to N. Ireland but thankfully, the seller was thoughtful enough to take the initiative and send via Royal Mail 48, so they arrived in time for their birthdays. It made their day.
on 3 February 2012
Excellent little helicopter and quite easy to fly after a little practice.Easy and cheap to get spare parts for after those minor scrapes, although has not been damaged yet even after numerous bumps. Brilliant little flyer!!!!!
0Comment44 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse