Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

on 10 April 2014
I believe that when you find something good you have to share. I was looking for a very good quality organic non alkali processed dark chocolate over 80% without soy lecithin or other nasty additives.

This is organic and probably (after a lot of research) non alkali processed chocolate. Only raw cane sugar is added.

The most important:

I Have never tasted such a good taste of dark chocolate, especially with that high percentage of cocoa.
Fantastic taste and I am very difficult with tastes.
I would recommend it to anyone not caring for money (quite pricey but worth it)

Regards
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 August 2015
I am slowly working my way through the un-Dutched chocolate bars on Amazon - where I can find the information. (I asked Zotter twice and still no reply, so I gave up on them.) So far I have tried Madécasse 100% (a bit too much for my palate but a nice business to swap emails with, and the taste is good for most purists) and Chocolat Madagascar 85%, which I find is a nice dial-down of the potency of a 100& bar but still polyphenol-packed which, frankly, is my priority. After this Vivani arrived I ran a taste comparison with the Chocolat Madagascar with the in-house chocolate squad. For them, there was not much in it. For me, I found this Vivani bar was more 'orangey' than the Chocolat Madagascar ... not exactly like oranges, but there is a unique taste in some chocolate and 'orangey' is the closest I can come to describing it. I am happy with the Vivani, but I think the other two tasters marginally preferred the Chocolat Madagascar ... although they would happily eat either I suspect! This bar has all the other virtues of good chocolate - smooth, a crisp snap when broken, and a nice aroma, so I am happy with it.

On Dutching, here are the words straight from the manufacturer's website:
"In the „Dutching Process“ (alkalization) the cocoa is treated with alkali. The cocoa butter could be separated much more easier. But colour and taste of the cocoa change as well and very important: the amount of polyphenols is reduced by this treatment. VIVANI cocoa is not alkalized and thus untreated."

Check for yourself - look down the list of FAQs on the Vivani website and you will find it.
www.vivani-chocolate.de/Kontakt_e.html#top
on 20 January 2014
a delicious way to get your tryptophan to boost serotonin levels in winter! It's organic, high cocoa level which is what you need to do you good. The price is good too beats by far some other high cocoa brands for price and tastes as good.
A really beautiful tasting dark chocolate. I was afraid that 85% would be too bitter but it's a very satisfying full flavour.Meaning you don't eat the whole bar at once.
Good for the body and soul!
Eating this chocolate lead me to try out others in the same brand and I am totally impressed. I never knew german chocolate tasted this good.

Maybe the best part after the flavour is that I don't feel I have to eat a lot to be satisfied so I get my chocolate hit without feeling a need to stuff myself.
I want and need to eat chocolate and prefer to know it's not full of rubbish. In fact I believe this dark kind is healthy and makes me feel good.
on 19 August 2015
This is literally unbelievable. Yum, yum, yum, and the lingering bitterness yum yum yum.
Gorgeous. Unbelievable. Amazing,
on 10 March 2015
Has the manufacturer changed ingredients?? I love nothing better than great dark chocolate. And, this used to be my favourite…an excellent quality bar with a great taste. I used to order several bars a month. But the last two batches were AWFUL with a bad after taste. (Had to spit it out!) Afraid I won't be ordering again. Really disappointed.
VINE VOICEon 30 January 2015
I'm not sure why the word 'bitter' appears on the wrapper; there's enough sugar in this to make the overall effect very bland. The texture is crisp, and there's a good aftertaste, but it tastes more like 70% bar; not as good as Tesco's own 85% Dominica bar, and not really worth the price.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 January 2016
Slightly low cocoa taste, to be honest it felt like 85% cocoa cut with chalk, it's texture wasn't rich, it lacked the bite of say Green and Blacks, this may have been because of a zero butter or oil content but I'm sorry to say very disappointing.
on 7 November 2014
I am a bit fan of dark chocolate but I am disappointed with this bar. Has a very bitter taste. Have only eaten one of the five purchased and it may be that I had an "off bar" but will probably use in cooking rather than eating direct.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 July 2014
As a regular lover of very dark chocolate I have to say this is my second lot.
It is really intense with a rich creamy flavor.Ive changed from Lindt and HC to this.Great value but divine ❤️