5.0 out of 5 stars Top Performer
Used this as an upgrade for my Macbook Pro. I had already enabled the Trim hack in advance for OSX. Put the drive in an external caddy and used Disk Utility to clone the original drive. Swapped them over and booted up. Initial boot took around 30 seconds to boot up completely - something I believe to be common. I rebooted the Macbook and the next boot took 10 seconds to...
Published on 12 Jun 2012 by A. Whiteford

1.0 out of 5 stars One to be avoided
Not much wrong with the Disk, initially, then it crashed taking my Windows 7 OS with it, wouldn't allow me to restore, with a bad sector write. 5 Months old and the RMA process with Sandisk was painful to say the least, did you do this, did you do that, have you tried this... each email took at least 24 hours to get a response, best part of a week to get an RMA number...
Published 23 months ago by Mr. Peter Clark

‹ Previous | 113 14 15 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Item exactly as described, 26 April 2013
This review is from: SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SDSSDX-240G-G25 (Personal Computers)
Item exactly as described. Item exactly as described.Item exactly as described.Item exactly as described.Item exactly as described.Item exactly as describedItem exactly as described.Item exactly as described.Item exactly as described

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Fault It, 22 Jun 2012
I've had this for 3 or 4 weeks now and it's ran fine with no crashes and has cut my boot time from about 2mins to 30 mins.

3.0 out of 5 stars Different speeds, 8 Aug 2012
I put three stars because I buy two of them one had perfect points on AS SSD benchmark 489 points and another 340 so its big difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars most are talking about wrong size ssd, 8 Oct 2012
majority of theses reviews are about 120gb and 240gb ssd only two or three report right size one of 480gb so here goes for another stating right size ssd 480gb have had this installed now for a while and is fast and working as should went to buy another one but see price has risen up £20 odd so put me off buying but it is a good 480gb ssd worth buying but i cannot afford extra £20 odd

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not fast as advertised, 8 Aug 2012
I purchased this for my 2011 Macbook Pro 15" after reading many positive reviews, and was quite disappointed with the results of benchmark tests in real life. Write speed averages about 230MBps while Read speed is around 490MBps. Its been only a few months since the upgrade, and already I am noticing a degradation in overall speed of opening applications etc. I assume this is due to upgrading my OS to Mountain Lion recently, but as an SSD it was a bargain price, and i would recommend this only as that.

1.0 out of 5 stars death works only 25 days and i must conect with sandisk to see what is going on, 23 April 2013
i by it from here it was nice from start but it was totally wrong from seller information which was speed for writing/reading 550/550 the truth was 130/ 380 ok i think well maybe its my fault i did not read correctly description but it was the correctly, and works for only 25 days its death now and i contact with sandisk official website for warranty and now problems for me rate :
seller info :0 stars
i will see what i can do about customer suport

1.0 out of 5 stars Know temperature diode bug, 29 Oct 2012
M. Dixon (England) - See all my reviews
I have bought sandisk before, and have always been pleased. This disk is extremely fast, and the price is even better (at writing).

But - having installed my monitoring software (winzip utilities), I found to my horror that it was running at 128 deg C, which upon checking - it was not.

I googled this and found out from sandisk's own forums that this is a known bug. The problem being that this is my C:\ drive and it would mean being without my PC while it gets replaced. While a faulty temp diode is no big issue, sandisk has known about this for a while by all accounts and has obviously decided NOT to recall a faulty batch of disks.

Shame on you sansdisk shame on you . . . .

. . . . . hence the one star

3.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk SSD, 24 Jan 2013
D. W. Jones "jonesy" (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this to replace a 500gb hard disk in a laptop. Doesn't seem any faster, but definitely runs cooler and quieter, but only a fraction lighter. Not sure I'm fully convinced that SSD is the way to go for me? Advantage seems minimal and these devices aren't exactly cheap!

1.0 out of 5 stars 7200rpm Solid State Drive ?, 10 May 2013
Peter Metcalf - See all my reviews
A 7200rpm Solid State Drive? How is it possible for a solid state drive to have revolutions? We should know better than to trust Amazon information. Example: what is the 6 Gb/s based. Drive spec says different. Just saying...

4.0 out of 5 stars Affordable solid-state drive, 20 July 2012
I decided to buy an SSD because I wanted to spend some money on something that I didn't really need, and also because I wanted Battlefield 3 maps to load in less than 30 minutes. The good news is that it worked, and now the maps load in less than a minute (sometimes within just a matter of a few seconds), which is really quite impressive. The bad news is I had to spend some of my own money to buy this drive. The other good news, though, is that it's not very expensive compared to drives which are more expensive. The other bad news, though, is that they're better than this one. Nevertheless, the performance you get for your money is very good, and 120GB isn't a bad size at all, especially if you're going to use it primarily as a boot drive (and for Battlefield 3).

‹ Previous | 113 14 15 | Next ›