5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood Memories, 25 April 2012
This review is from: Volumes 1 & 2 (Audio CD)
my dad had volume one of this cd the first album don williams had recorded. i remember my dad playing this in the car on hot summer days and drives in the country and even i got to the stage where i was putting the tape in the radio to listen to it. i havent heard some of the tracks since then and as soon as i put the cd in my hi-fi i was transported back to my childhood. one of my favourite albums ever. superb cd set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don Williams, 17 April 2012
Janet Frith - See all my reviews
This review is from: Volumes 1 & 2 (Audio CD)
enjoyed this CD so much will be ordering another for a friend This CD is constantly on the player in the house, and in the car when on the move

5.0 out of 5 stars Don at his best, 6 Sep 2013
This review is from: Volumes 1 & 2 (Audio CD)
I love these first two albums and bought the C.D.'s to replace my very worn vinyls. To me, Don was always at his best in his early years, with the great songs written by Don himself, Allen Reynolds and Bob McDill. I love the simple, yet so creative, backing instruments that really "kept it country" before Don started to add string orchestras and such to his musical backing. Early albums such as this held a sincerity and simplicity that typified the type of artist that Don is and was, and gives such great listening. Anyone who can listen to his early stuff without tapping their foot to it must be stone deaf! Even his mellow ballads held a tempo that you could tap your foot to, always coupled to lyrics that you found yourself singing along to in your head at any time of day.
Although I call them his "early albums", they hold a freshness and quality that remains timeless and would still sound new if first released today. I can't wait for his other early albums to be re-released in full on C.D.
As in my headline, this is Don William at his best!

5.0 out of 5 stars LAID BACK, 29 May 2012
This review is from: Volumes 1 & 2 (Audio CD)
I bought many Don Williams albums years ago, when he was constantly played on the radio and a regular on TV, how times have changed. The best known tracks on Volume 1 are "Endless Sleep", a hit for Marty Wilde!, "Shelter Of Your Eyes", "Gypsy Woman" and "Amanda". On Volume 2 we have "We Should Be Together", "Loving You So Long Now" and "Millers Cave", a hit for both Bobby Bare and Charley Pride.

All of these tracks with an almost metronomic beat create a relaxed smooth atmosphere and they tend rather to blend into each other. Nonetheless, a very enjoyable collection that takes you back to a time when music was there to be listened to rather than listened at. Buy it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Same answer as My Previous Review, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Volumes 1 & 2 (Audio CD)
Would recommend for the price, these are from the early years but he is just as good now. Give them a whirl.

5.0 out of 5 stars briliant., 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: Volumes 1 & 2 (Audio CD)
I am very pleased with theses cd's. I have already got these on LP's so was very pleased to be able to now play them on cd. excellent sound quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 19 April 2013
T. Hatchman "tina-Niko-Hatchman" (Kent UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Volumes 1 & 2 (Audio CD)
Have 2 Don Williams album on one CD is fantastic! I could listen to the Gentle Giant all day long. He is the best there is in country. Thanks you Don.

Volumes 1 & 2
Volumes 1 & 2 by Don Williams (Audio CD - 2012)