5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I have read in a long time
This was a brilliantly written book. I laughed and cried all the way through. There were so many aspects I could relate to my own life, growing up in the 70's and 80's, getting married, having children and all the ups and downs that go with life.
Totally recommend it.
Published on 3 Dec 2012 by Mrs. S. Renwick

3.0 out of 5 stars forever is over
A lovely story, that was both funny and sad. I would have given it 5 stars, but I felt it was too long, and at times I felt myself getting fed up with it. Worth a read.
Published 10 months ago by EllieH

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I have read in a long time, 3 Dec 2012
Totally recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real page turner, 2 Feb 2013
This review is from: Forever Is Over (Kindle Edition)
Bought this book as used to work with the Author and thought I'd give it a read. Can honestly say it was one of the best books I have ever read. The book covered a sad subject matter which was very well written and true to life, but at the same time the story made laugh at times and want to know more and more about the characters lives. Had many a late night as could not put the book down! Can't wait for the second book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: Forever Is Over (Kindle Edition)
THis is a wonderful read. Very long but I read it in record time because I couldn't put it down. Despite the sad subject matter it made me laugh a lot. At the end I cried. What more can I say? Read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book you will not be disappointed, 29 July 2014
This review is from: Forever Is Over (Paperback)
Once you start reading this you will not put it down.

I bought this book on kindle 3 years ago. I saw a tweet from the author downloaded it and never read it as i simply have no chance or time to read books. I finally got chance thanks to a business trip to read this book and all I can say is I wish I had read it sooner. I read this book in 8 days, My only regret I wish I had rationed myself so I could have enjoyed it for longer. I have since started the author's second book "Kiss my name" hopefully this will be equally enjoyable.

I noticed some 1 star reviews from the grammar police who seem very over critical and all English masters . The version I read was downloaded in 2011. I noticed the book has since been reproduced for kindle in 2013, Not sure what changes were made but I guess the minor grammatical and formatting errors will have been fixed. Even in the version i had these did not spoil the story for me at all. Look past these if you find any and simply enjoy the book.

The book is set for the most part in Ormskirk and Aughton. It involves the live stories of and lives of a selection of characters from teen to adulthood. It tackles some pretty meaty issues but at same time is not to overbearing. I found myself relating the stories to my own life, it really does make you think about relationships and life in general.

What i liked about the book was there no traditional chapters as such rather small sections skipping from one character to the other giving their side of the story. This is kind of like a detailed diary told in the first person. I found this a great way to read the book. If I had 5 minutes to spare I could pick it up and complete another small section from a character. In the end I could not put it down and had to finish it.

I don't want to spoil the book for people by giving away plot hints. My only advice. Download it and read it. Do not however read the last couple of sections from Melissa onwards in a public place, if you do make sure you have the tissues at the ready.

5.0 out of 5 stars If I could I would have given it a 6, 2 Oct 2014
This review is from: Forever Is Over (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book after finishing Calvin Wade's book Another Saturday and Sweet FA which is his account of following a club through the rounds of the FA Cup . That was very well written and a most enjoyable read and although this was not my usual type of book I decided to give it a go.
It tells the story of a group of people taking them through their school days to adulthood and marriage. Anyone who grew up in the 70's and 80's will be able to recognise events . It is quite a long book and so had to be written well to keep the reader interested , with long books some authors almost seem to get bored and then it ends in a rush or some of the events are unbelievable.
To Calvin's credit this is not the case, layer after layer of the characters personality are added and you move from dislike to admiration. The events that happen are not far fetched and I could relate to their experiences as being of that age and having a family.
There are things that happen that keeps the readers on their toes and interested with subtle twists and turns moving from laugh out loud to sadness.
My benchmark of a good read is that when I am out and about I look to read some chapters when I can and also when home I don't want to put it away.
This is an excellent book and I look forward to downloading Calvin's other book which I am sure will be of the same quality and I do hope he will continue writing

5.0 out of 5 stars A great display of life's rich tapestry, 25 Aug 2014
This review is from: Forever Is Over (Kindle Edition)
Bought this book on the basis that It made reference to the fact if you were brought up in the 70/80's you would be able to relate to it.

Well what a gem it turned out to be!!

There was so much I liked about this book from the many references to music and events from my own teenage years, to the writting style - where the author brilliantly told the story from the differinging perpectives of the individual characters. This tecnique really worked and almost became like a reality check that added credibility to the storyline.

Whilst the book was predominantly light hearted and often down right funny it managed to deal with some quite serious subject matter without getting too maudlin.

I really don't want to give too much away as this will spoil the experience for you but as well as being a brilliant read it could almost be sold as a diy manual for improving life skills. You could if you so choose learn so much from the mistakes made and the resultant regrets of the central charcaters in their respective journeys from teenager years to adulthood.

The ending whilst inevitable cannot but fail to move you - you really need to read this book !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Forever Is Over, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: Forever Is Over (Kindle Edition)
True love never runs smoothly and not all love stories have happy endings. Heart breaking in parts. A must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've read in ages, 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: Forever Is Over (Kindle Edition)
This book is a long read, but must admit I was sorry when it ended.Thoroughly enjoyable. Will now look for more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep the hankies at the ready, 3 Aug 2013
This review is from: Forever Is Over (Kindle Edition)
Great story set around the 80's which gave me my own opportunities to reminisce and feel nostalgic. The story makes you really appreciate life. Definitely recommend it for a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed, cried, loved it, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Forever Is Over (Paperback)
Fabulous book that I must recommend - one of those stories that you get lost in and have to get to the end, even if you do know what is coming.

Well written and the fact that it is set local to me made it even more appealing.

Great read!