Format: DVD|Change

on 2 April 2013
I chose 5 stars because it is the best one of them all, but thats my opinion. I like how you've got the whole idea of the herd lost in the ocean trying to get home, but their is a pirate ship trying to make them stay with them by kidnapping them and chasing them.
I would recommend this to children who like funny shows with animals in, but adults can like this two as my family laughed watching it with me! So this is a family comedy if your family likes comedy!
on 9 December 2013
I bought this for my two grandsons (10 and 5) when they come over for a sleepover at nanny and grandads. they have both said it is Awesome and really cool, that must be high praise indeed, and it puts me on the good grandad list for them.
I watched this film with them and although there are some implied scary moments in it this did not deter there enjoyment,
And as for their comments well what more can one say. A really awesome and cool film.
The Ice Age films have turned into an enjoyable series of animated films. Hardly groundbreaking cinema but good fun and reliable and dependable family entertainment. This time round our heroes Sid the sloth, Manny the mammoth and Diego the sabre tooth tiger are separated from the rest of the herd by the splitting of the conitinents caused unbelievably by Scrat in the hunt for his beloved acorn. They find themselves adrift at sea and picked up by a pirate crew lead by a monkey and Sid finds his family only for them to dump his elderly and quite senile granny on him and abandon him once again. Manny and his wife Ellie now have a teenage daughter to contend with too. Plot wise it is pretty basic and standard but very amusing too and the film is stolen once again by the hillarious and silent Scrat while Sid's granny is the best of the new characters. Animation is excellent. Fans will enjoy it.
on 31 December 2012
Reviewed by 10 year old son. This film is about what happens when the animals home starts to melt and fall into the sea. They have to find somewhere new to live. Along the way they cope with Pirates. It is very good to look at and full of laugh out loud moments, including my favourite when Sid has a drink and says it is "Rich and S.A.L.T.Y."!! If you've watched the other Ice Age films you'll really like this one too.
on 2 February 2013
A good film but unfortunately there seems to be a fault on it so it kept freezing. We still managed to watch it and now that I am aware of the problem I warn the children that it will freeze but will start again. I'm not sure whether we missed any parts of the film when it froze but it still seemed to make sense. I needed it over Christmas for my grandchildren so I didn't send it back, perhaps I should have done.
on 9 February 2013
There is something in there for everyone as we follow the adventures of Manny and his herd.
There are some new characters and Peter Dinklage uses his considerable vocal talents to give life to the bad guy Captain Gutt.
A must have.
My only minor criticism and warning - don't be fooled by the Fast Play option - go straight to the main menu unless you do want to sit through 10 minutes of trailers!!
on 28 December 2012
This is by far the best way to see this film. As well as the Blu-ray and DVD, the digital copy (Ultra Violet) allows you to watch the film on your smartphone! The features on the Blu-ray allow you to watch the film with added extras which are not available by any other media. The film itself lives up to the quality of the previous episodes but is only 90 minutes long.
on 27 January 2013
It has been described as the best Ice Age episode yet, but I think all four of the collection are brilliant. All the characters are extremely well thought out and excellently portrayed by the animation and the voices. Maybe their antics only appeal to certain of us but all of the Ice Age episodes are suitable for all ages, certainly not just children.
on 19 December 2012
Not quite as much fun as the first two films, but not that bad either. The whole scrat/acorn thing is starting to wear thin now, although scrat makes a funnier time of it in the film, then the 3rd film. Overall, worth seeing once....maybe a second time after a year, but not really one you can watch over and over again - like the first film.
on 3 January 2013
We really enjoyed this dvd. It is one for the whole family, we are pensioners and our daughter and son in law now have it to watch and then friends have asked to borrow it. It lives up to the other Ice Films. Just a lovely gentle film with a happy ending. It also promotes good moral values to younger children without them even knowing.