4.0 out of 5 stars Mimas travel cot

1.0 out of 5 stars Great solid cot but zip broke after a few uses
Published 1 month ago by Mrs. D. M. Abbott

4.0 out of 5 stars Mimas travel cot, 12 July 2012
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
Really happy with this cot. My 3 month old was getting too big for his Moses basket so it was time to move to a cot and as I spend half my week with my husband near his work and the other back home, I really wanted a quality travel cot that wasnt just for the odd night away. Admittedly it very heavy - mainly the hardboard base, but for us it didn't matter. If you were lugging it around a lot I would consider your options. The change station is fab and also provides some cover from the light/ outside stimulation. The zip play pen aspect is the best part. My baby was very unsure his first night, especially with me being so high up and him so far down. Although perhaps not suggested by Mimas, I put my upper body through the zipped side and held his hands to reassure him - this worked fantastic and he felt reassured I was there the whole time. Obviously you must not put your weight on the cot as its designed for up to five year olds only but this was so handy as I could get down to his level with ease and I can see it beig a great play pen as he grows. In general it's very sturdy, easy to assemble and the blacked out sides also helped with blocking out light whilst the netted sides allow my son to sit in there and know I'm still in the room with him. One recommendation is to buy a mattress - I bought the Laura 5cm. I wouldn't let my pet animal sleep on the one they provide! It's literally hardboard with a foam cover and would definitely not provide a good sleeping place for a baby, especially if they were to move a lot or fall. Overall, for the money it was a great buy, especially with the versatility as a play pen, but spend 20 on a mattress!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 24 Mar 2012
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
Happy with the purchase, although the instructions on how to 'install' it could have been clearer. We are using it as a 'playpen' for our baby daughter. It is well made and sturdy.
Suggest you buy the mattress if you dont have one as the base that it comes with is like a hard board.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cot, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
I did quite a bit of research on travel cots because we are/will use it for trips to visit the grandparents, holiday abroad, and as a transition bed in our room while baby is too big for crib but too young for the nursery.

Surprisingly, despite the fact that it's a huge cot, it was one of the lightest I could find. It folds quickly and neatly into the travel bag and is quick to assemble.

The main reason I bought it was that the bassinette was described as suitable up to 6 months, and most others said 3 months. I find the bassinette to be great - its deep enough that I think my baby will get to at least 6 months in it, but high enough that I can reach in to pick-up/put down a sleeping baby. It is suspended from the top of the crib so it rocks slightly when baby turns and kicks (nice intermediate step between rocking crib and solid cot).

Like all travel cots, the mattress provided is too solid for everyday use but I'm sure it would be ok for occasional use. We bought a mattress with it and it's perfect (but a bit bulky for travel).

We didn't use the changing mat but it seems pretty good. It seems to be a great size for a playpen too and the zip able entrance will be great fun for a toddler to crawl in and out of.

I will definately be recommending it to our friends.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great solid cot but zip broke after a few uses, 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
I brought this cot for my baby when he was around 4/5 months old as he was banging his head off our wooden cot. It's very sturdy, the base is hard and lumpy but I use a travel cot mattress which solved that problem. My major criticism is that the zip broke after being unzip a handful of times to let my now active 1 year old crawl in and out of the cot. It is now virtually unusable. Amazon won't do anything about it as they say they don't offer guarantees on non electrical goods even if they are faulty and told me to contact the manufacture. I emailed the manufacturer a week ago and haven't had a reply yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
This was our Christmas life saver, staying with family with our 3 month old worries me and seeing other travel votes I really didn't want our little one sleeping that close to the floor so this has the best of both worlds! Only down side is that you need another mattress with it as the bases are padded but not great for newborns!

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!!!, 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
by far the best travel cot we've had/used!! Only marginally heavier/larger then a more standard size travel cot and so easy to put up and down- no expletives required!!!!! Wish we'd bought this travel cot first!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A fab pizza oven, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
After having read the reviews they're pretty accurate on the whole. I call it the pizza oven as I can open the zip and slide baby in the bottom, saves my back, less disturbance for baby too, win win.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOL, 8 Jan 2012
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
Execellet price fast delivery. I am a early years practitioner spealising in overnight care and therefore need the highest standard of products yet they do need to be reasonably priced.this more than fit the bill.

5.0 out of 5 stars if you need a cot buy this one (but read instructions!), 19 Aug 2014
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
My parents bought this for our three month old when visiting. After a shaky start when putting it together (which was resolved by reading the instructions!) this travel cot has proved to be a very sturdy, really useful, top quality piece of equipment. We chose this model because of the full size bassinet layer and the changing tray which were well worth the 10 or so extra. You will need to buy a mattress but once all set up baby snuggled down without fuss. We also set up our angelcare mat which worked perfectly with it.
As I mentioned, there is a simple knack to putting it up: you have to click up/engage the short and long ends BEFORE pushing the middle down. You may need to do this a few times to get it to lock. Although this is a simple process it isn't that clear in the instructions so, thinking we had a faulty item, we emailed the supplier. We were very impressed with their 24 hour reply and obvs very pleased when they reiterated the instructions and the cot 'worked'.
Overall I would highly recommend this cot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 2 Jan 2014
Miss S. Crofts "SC" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
I bought this travel cot to use full time as a normal cot (bought a decent cot mattress), for one of my twins and it's great! Easy to assemble, not too heavy, and very sturdy. Still is rather heavy to transport if you had to carry it some distance, but if you're popping it in a car it wouldn't be so bad!

Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot