4.0 out of 5 stars Mimas travel cot
Published on 12 July 2012 by Elizabrth

Published 14 months ago by Ayan

4.0 out of 5 stars Mimas travel cot, 12 July 2012
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
Really happy with this cot. My 3 month old was getting too big for his Moses basket so it was time to move to a cot and as I spend half my week with my husband near his work and the other back home, I really wanted a quality travel cot that wasnt just for the odd night away. Admittedly it very heavy - mainly the hardboard base, but for us it didn't matter. If you were lugging it around a lot I would consider your options. The change station is fab and also provides some cover from the light/ outside stimulation. The zip play pen aspect is the best part. My baby was very unsure his first night, especially with me being so high up and him so far down. Although perhaps not suggested by Mimas, I put my upper body through the zipped side and held his hands to reassure him - this worked fantastic and he felt reassured I was there the whole time. Obviously you must not put your weight on the cot as its designed for up to five year olds only but this was so handy as I could get down to his level with ease and I can see it beig a great play pen as he grows. In general it's very sturdy, easy to assemble and the blacked out sides also helped with blocking out light whilst the netted sides allow my son to sit in there and know I'm still in the room with him. One recommendation is to buy a mattress - I bought the Laura 5cm. I wouldn't let my pet animal sleep on the one they provide! It's literally hardboard with a foam cover and would definitely not provide a good sleeping place for a baby, especially if they were to move a lot or fall. Overall, for the money it was a great buy, especially with the versatility as a play pen, but spend £20 on a mattress!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant buy!, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
I looked around for ages before I settled on this travel cot. My little one is quite long and grew out of her carry cot before 2 months! We didn't want to move her into her big cot in her own room so thought a travel cot would be a good idea plus we would need one for future travelling anyway. I looked at some of the more expensive big brand names but so glad I went with this one in the end! The bassinet level is perfect and definitely saves your back if you are using it regularly! I would definely reccomend buying a compatible mattress as the base is not that soft especially if your LO is sleeping in it every night. It's not the lightest in the world but is strong and sturdy. We are really pleased with it and so is our LO who sleeps soundly in it every night!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 2 Jan 2014
Miss S. Crofts "SC" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
I bought this travel cot to use full time as a normal cot (bought a decent cot mattress), for one of my twins and it's great! Easy to assemble, not too heavy, and very sturdy. Still is rather heavy to transport if you had to carry it some distance, but if you're popping it in a car it wouldn't be so bad!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cot, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
I did quite a bit of research on travel cots because we are/will use it for trips to visit the grandparents, holiday abroad, and as a transition bed in our room while baby is too big for crib but too young for the nursery.

Surprisingly, despite the fact that it's a huge cot, it was one of the lightest I could find. It folds quickly and neatly into the travel bag and is quick to assemble.

The main reason I bought it was that the bassinette was described as suitable up to 6 months, and most others said 3 months. I find the bassinette to be great - its deep enough that I think my baby will get to at least 6 months in it, but high enough that I can reach in to pick-up/put down a sleeping baby. It is suspended from the top of the crib so it rocks slightly when baby turns and kicks (nice intermediate step between rocking crib and solid cot).

Like all travel cots, the mattress provided is too solid for everyday use but I'm sure it would be ok for occasional use. We bought a mattress with it and it's perfect (but a bit bulky for travel).

We didn't use the changing mat but it seems pretty good. It seems to be a great size for a playpen too and the zip able entrance will be great fun for a toddler to crawl in and out of.

I will definately be recommending it to our friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for everyday use, sturdy, too heavy for travelling., 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
I purchased this to use in our lounge for our little one (4 month) to nap in during the day, and when she's older to use as a playpen. Overall I have been really pleased with the quality, sturdiness, & price. Would definately recommend for everyday use, so is perfect for me, I wouldnt recommend for travelling as its very heavy.

Good points
- very sturdy, doesnt wobble
- changing table is very sturdy and really useful. Its not a long as a normal changing table, fine for my 4month old, but I imagine not long enough for 7 or 8 month old.
- bassinet level very sturdy & strong
- useful zip on side, which im currenty using to store things under the bassinet and out of sight
- main cot is easy to put & down very quickly, it opens up in about 10 seconds. (Bassinet & chsnging table take about 10mins to put together).

Bad points
- Heavy, yes very heavy. Not a problem for me as its for permant use, not travel. If travelling I wouldnt take the changing table or bassinet as these have lots of metal poles.
- mattress is thin, okay for occassional use. I brought a mattress for £30 which is perfect!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 24 Mar 2012
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
Happy with the purchase, although the instructions on how to 'install' it could have been clearer. We are using it as a 'playpen' for our baby daughter. It is well made and sturdy.
Suggest you buy the mattress if you dont have one as the base that it comes with is like a hard board.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great travel cot at an affordable price., 18 Dec 2013
Mrs. E. A. Bentley "The Bentleys" (Norwich, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
A sturdy travel cot and playpen with some thoughtful additions including the detachable changing station (safety straps not provided), bassinet layer for babies up to 6 months old and zippy entrance into the cot when it is being used as a playpen. You can also see through the side of the cot so get a good clear view of your little one.
The wheels make it easy to move around, and we've had no issues taking the cot down and putting it up again, although we have struggled to get everything back into the bag provided. - that's more about our patience I think!!!
It's worth investing in an additional mattress as the base is quite hard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous., 14 Mar 2013
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
I bought this to use at home for my grandchildren. I wanted something that stored easily and compactly, but was sturdy when in use and I'm very pleased with this product. It has 2 height settings (which the only other travel cot I've used didn't) being vertically challenged this is a massive bonus when putting small babies to bed I don't have to bend almost double and at full stretch to put them down safely. It has a very sturdy changing mat feature. The whole thing although plenty big enough does not take up too much room, and looks very stylish. I'm very pleased to say I have put it up and packed it away by myself in only a few minutes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great cot at an excellent price but the wheels don't work well, 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
Bought this cot to save me from carrying baby up and down the stairs during the day and to move her from lounge to kitchen etc so I could get on with doing things around the house. Bought this particular cot as it goes up to 5 years (most others are 3) and the bassinet up to 6 months (most others are 3). Love the zip door too and can't wait to try it out as a playpen when my 4-month-old gets older. Very sturdy and light. Am however rather disappointed with the wheels as they are not aligned properly so I am not just able to wheel the cot around the house as easily as I was hoping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, 20 Jun 2013
This review is from: Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot (Baby Product)
A great buy! It is for my 3rd child and its been the best travel cot we have bought so far. I bought it for a temporary cot for my bedroom as my son grew out his Moses basket and was to small for his cot bed in his own room.

Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot