5.0 out of 5 stars Great SPD pedals, 24 July 2013
These are great pedals and give the flexibility to use your bike for those quick journeys where you don't want to put on your proper gear. Superb quality from Shimano.

I use these on my MTB although their not MTB specific and they do the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of both worlds, 18 Jan. 2012
Although I prefer to cycle clipped in if possible, there are plenty of occasions when I just want to hop on and go, without having to change my shoes. Clip side works fine, shoe side provides a decent sized, comfortable and fairly slip free platform. Getting your foot onto the correct side doesn't present much of a problem once you get the hang of it. I've had a pair for several years, ridden year round in all weather, and no problems at all with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, very good for the price and wieght, 8 July 2014
I bought these for my new commuter machine, road bike, nice and light. I cycle to work mainly in the shoes / trainers I intend to wear all day, but if I'm going further afield I wanted to be clipped in. Turned up next day on prime, clipping mechanism works great, as you would expect from Shimano. Good size platform on the reverse side for non-cleated footwear, the grip is OK, sufficient for my needs, but I've knocked half the paint off with my cleats, a rubberised / plastic finish might be more durable (and maybe better grip) for the non-spd side, but minor aesthetics only. Initially just enough rotary resistance to allow the peddle to remain in same relative position to the crank when free rotated, really good for setting off and finding the correct surface, but loosening up now. 200 miles in, and minus the missing paint I'd buy another pair tomorrow for the same job, for the price and the weight, there's little competition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fitted quickly, good quality. Away you go., 17 Feb. 2015
Very pleased with my purchase, these pedals came very quickly, and just as stated. Well packaged and a decent price too. So what's not to like. I fitted the pedals easily after having to put a block of wood behind the original pedals to get them off. Fitted the cleates to my shoes and away I went. Very good quality pedals. If your wondering if you should purchase or not, don't hesitate. Highly recommend items and seller that's why I've given a 5* review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good set of pedals, 31 May 2014
This set of pedals is very good for commuting and general duties. Not the lightest, but give a good platform on both sides, can be used with normal shoes and should last a lifetime (at least that of the bike..). Generaly, what you would expect from Shimano.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shimano PD - A530 MTD Pedals, 3 May 2015
Having just bought a Diamondback Axis 29 decided I needed a decent pair of peddles to match- Brother in the US recommended the 530 which he uses on his Hybrid bike . Great quality & look great in both Black & Silver-

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 7 Nov. 2014
Perfect balance of spd and normal pedal for what I wanted. I bought for my new cyclocross bike, and they make it Easier for me to get some momentum whilst clipping in. Pretty heavy though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, just what I needed, 9 Jan. 2015
Brilliant, just what I needed, I don't always put on my clip-on shoes and these are perfect, one side fore everyday use the other side for workouts and training, great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on, 3 July 2014
These pedals are just what I wanted, best of both worlds now, and I don't have to change my footwear just for a nip a mile or so to shops.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased with these, 21 May 2015
Really pleased with these, I sometimes take my bike park up and go for a run so you have the option of wearing running shoes

Shimano PD-A530 SPD MTB Pedals