Colour Name: whiteChange

on 24 February 2014
Great quality microphone, works really well and im really impressed with it

no negatives for this product!

Great for skype, Teamspeak, audacity, xsplit and many other programs
on 28 June 2015
Hmmm. It's a good mic. It will record my dulcet tones for a vid I want to make.
BUT
Take it out of the box. Screw it into the stand. Plug in the USB cord. Couldn't be simpler
EXCEPT
Windows 8.1 would not recognize it at all at first. After multiple fiddling and surfing, this is not just my problem, application of 'fixes', 8.1 recognized it but still wouldn't go so far as to actually use it.
Fortunately I had an old Dell netbook running XP in a drawer somewhere. No problems whatever.
Making it work with 8.1 is probably resolvable but right now I don't have another 4 hours to mess with software in.
on 22 July 2015
The quality of the sound is prestine no complaints there but the size of the microphone is to say awkward

The microphone also picks up no interference which is a definate bonus
on 14 March 2015
Had couple of mics. got told this was one of the best out there for value and for the quality.... i can say i agree!!! defo worth the money.looks really kjool too defo worth a buy for me!
on 11 February 2013
I'm very happy with my product. It came brand new, un opened (in packaging) and it is just as described, i have been recording with it for a while now and i'm so happy with the quality :)
on 19 January 2013
great quality product .........great price ....quick despatch as usual.....excellent sound quality and manouverable mic stand allows you to position it anywhere you want.....great product
on 7 January 2016
Blue are well known for making great desktop microphones, and despite being their lowest end mic, the Snowball iCE is a great microphone for doing video voice overs, podcasts, and anything where you need crisp voice audio quality. As with any mic, I'd recommend combining it with a pop filter, but even without, Ps and Ts aren't actually all that harsh. You could probably get away without a pop filter with the iCE. The stand is nice and solid, no wobbling on the desk, helped in part by the somewhat heft weight.

Overall, I highly recommend this mic if you want to start off with anything around voice recording.
on 22 July 2015
So I've been used this mic for the past 2 years after using various cheap desktop and headset mics that all had various issues; eventually deciding to fork out extra cash for this. It is definitely worth it. It has been used for at least ~10 per week and it has proven to be reliable, produce high quality audio and it has been consistently trouble free. Never had any issues, despite it being dropped on a number of occasions. The cable is tough as is the rest of the unit; initially I had doubts over the plastic legs but they are as yet undamaged. I'd highly recommend this for gaming, skype etc. for any desktop PC.
on 22 November 2015
Before I get into my review, some people have mentioned that when they plug in their Blue Snowball, it sounds really quiet when recording, along with the background noise they are hearing. Let me reassure you that this is not the microphone, you are actually still recording from your laptop's (or computer) microphone and haven't switched it over in the settings area.

I was initially disappointed with the quality, but once I looked through the manual and realised I hadn't changed the sound settings over to record audio from the Snowball, I did a 180. Haha.

Absolutely incredible. The audio is so crystal clear; all I hear is my voice, nothing else -- no cackling, no background noise, but my voice. I would recommend you to get a filter with the microphone, just because it makes the audio more clearer when you are recording it, but other than that, you cannot fault this microphone.

I was fortunate to pick this up during Black Friday sales for 30 pounds, and wow, this is an absolutely amazing microphone. Podcasts, YouTube, narration -- whatever you are wanting to do with this, this is the right choice for you. Trust me. Just keep in mind what I said in the beginning of the review, make sure you check your sound settings before giving this a bad review or returning it to Amazon. I was so excited to use it, I didn't even consider the idea of checking the settings.

Kind Regards. ;)
on 10 March 2014
crsip clear sound quality
doesnt pick up back ground noise
stylish
recommend for usual microphone use or recording music or commentating for youtube or pod casts