5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good!
Published on 16 April 2012 by Jojo

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent microphone but terrible stand.
The microphone itself is by far the best I've ever used, excellent sound quality and looks good on my desk to boot. The only problem I have with it is the quality of the stand that comes with the microphone. It is made of cheap plastic with loosely fitted rubber feet. It is nowhere near heavy enough or wide enough to properly support the microphone (which is quite large...
Published 16 months ago by Moblington

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good!, 16 April 2012
This review is from: Blue Microphones Snowball iCE USB Cardioid Microphone with Adjustable Mic Stand (Electronics)
Just got my Snowball ice today, The only diffrence between this and the normal snowball is the no option for the omni-direction, But as i'll be recording solo which is Cardiod i wont need the other feature also good for voice overs ext, Also very good for recording instruments. Really easy to set up and use. The Sound is incredible it's HD and just supperb has a nice rich tone also note it's a condensor mic too if your not bothered about the other features which a Snowball has and your going to be recording only ever one person this is a great purchase and your saving your self $50 :)

I'd recommed buying a pop filter which are really cheap and help enhance your recording by removing Popping and harsh sounds. Also to keep your Mic's Diaphragm clean from plosives

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent microphone., 29 July 2014
After owning this microphone for a while, i thought it would be worth a review.

Pros:

- Compact form factor. They've managed to fit an incredibly good condenser microphone and stand in a small box for a great price here. It fits excellently on my desk.

- Sound quality. After using both IM applications and also music production software, i've found the microphone can deal with both voice instruments very effectivley. Very good for acoustic instruments.

- Price. It may seem a bit expensive, but for the quality of the product it is worth it. Stellar build quality, great sound and a great size. All of these make it worth the full price.

Cons:

- The red light always being on is somewhat irritating, but thats how picky im having to be about con's for this microphone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Mar. 2013
Brilliant mic, all I wanted was a high quality mic that would allow me to record good qaulity audio for my youtube videos and live streams and this does the job brilliantly

5.0 out of 5 stars this has made me very happy :), 15 Jan. 2014
I train people on marketing and have started using audio files and pod casts of useful marketing guides and tips and this microphone has imroved my presentation 1000% I am so please with it.
I would recommend this product very highly, I cannot believe it can get better than this...

5.0 out of 5 stars Bril product, 19 May 2012
Trevor Woolnough "book wormer" (Dudley, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Does what it says, used to record group discusions in a room. Picks up each individual as if microhone was directly in front of them with extreme clarity. Easy to use and set up on my windows 7 was so easy, literally plug and go. Well worth the price and looks good

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mic, 5 Star Quality., 22 Mar. 2012
This microphone is easy to unbox, and the minute I plugged it in, it was working. My friend noticed the sound difference immediately, saying how good it was.
I recorded a few seconds to hear it for myself, and I must say, it's great.
I'm giving this a 5 Star review. It's worth the money, and i'd say it could be better than some of the other HD microphones which are worth much more. If you're looking for a microphone under £100, this is a great one to consider.

4.0 out of 5 stars Snowball ice, 11 Sept. 2012
Great mic, excelent sound in HD. works great with all recording programs since camtasia to audacity and others. Recomend this mic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Professional, Pristine Podcasting, 8 Sept. 2013
Step 1: Plug it into yo computer.
Step 2: Record an intellectual, family-friendly podcast.
Step 3: Enjoy lovely jubbly quality from this awesome product.
Step 4: Go to a restaurant for your birthday treat. It'll be great. (optional)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but it is a tad large., 24 Oct. 2014
I got this microphone after replacing my old headset that was falling apart, to be clear I use this microphone while I use my computer and talk to friends.

I use skype regularly with friends who find the audio quality better than amazing, the only problem that I had this the microphone is that it is just too sensitive to noise so I've had to turn the microphone volume.

The snowball's stand is stable but can get in the was if your desk is cluttered. I bought a pop filter to go this the microphone but found that the snowball's filter is more than enough, unless your planning to be spitting at it. :)

The size of the microphone can be a problem if your trying to place it in front me but can be placed to the side to remove the obstruction of the microphone.

Overall I would recommend this microphone to anyone needing a semi-cheap and very good quality microphone.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent high-quality microphone., 26 Feb. 2015
This is one of the best microphones I have used. I primarily use it whilst gaming or for Skype and was previously using headsets. I decided to switch to a desktop microphone as I found headsets restrictive with poor sound quality on the headphones. I used two cheaper brand desktop mics before settling on this one, the cheaper microphones both broke after a month or so. My previous microphones had poor pick-up ranges and I found I had to lean in to be heard.

This microphone is leagues above other desktop microphones. I can be sat at any distance from my desk and my voice is picked up with crystal clear definition. Additionally the microphone is robust and well built and I know I won't have to go through the hassle of buying another microphone any time soon - it is worth the price given you won't ever need another microphone again.