5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good!
Published on 16 April 2012 by Jojo

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on 21 Jan. 2013 by L

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good!, 16 April 2012
This review is from: Blue Microphones Snowball iCE USB Cardioid Microphone with Adjustable Mic Stand (Electronics)
Just got my Snowball ice today, The only diffrence between this and the normal snowball is the no option for the omni-direction, But as i'll be recording solo which is Cardiod i wont need the other feature also good for voice overs ext, Also very good for recording instruments. Really easy to set up and use. The Sound is incredible it's HD and just supperb has a nice rich tone also note it's a condensor mic too if your not bothered about the other features which a Snowball has and your going to be recording only ever one person this is a great purchase and your saving your self $50 :)

I'd recommed buying a pop filter which are really cheap and help enhance your recording by removing Popping and harsh sounds. Also to keep your Mic's Diaphragm clean from plosives

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent microphone., 29 July 2014
After owning this microphone for a while, i thought it would be worth a review.

Pros:

- Compact form factor. They've managed to fit an incredibly good condenser microphone and stand in a small box for a great price here. It fits excellently on my desk.

- Sound quality. After using both IM applications and also music production software, i've found the microphone can deal with both voice instruments very effectivley. Very good for acoustic instruments.

- Price. It may seem a bit expensive, but for the quality of the product it is worth it. Stellar build quality, great sound and a great size. All of these make it worth the full price.

Cons:

- The red light always being on is somewhat irritating, but thats how picky im having to be about con's for this microphone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Mar. 2013
Brilliant mic, all I wanted was a high quality mic that would allow me to record good qaulity audio for my youtube videos and live streams and this does the job brilliantly

5.0 out of 5 stars this has made me very happy :), 15 Jan. 2014
I train people on marketing and have started using audio files and pod casts of useful marketing guides and tips and this microphone has imroved my presentation 1000% I am so please with it.
I would recommend this product very highly, I cannot believe it can get better than this...

5.0 out of 5 stars Bril product, 19 May 2012
Trevor Woolnough "book wormer" (Dudley, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Does what it says, used to record group discusions in a room. Picks up each individual as if microhone was directly in front of them with extreme clarity. Easy to use and set up on my windows 7 was so easy, literally plug and go. Well worth the price and looks good

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 21 Jan. 2013
I decided to upgrade from using my camera's built-in microphone and extracting the audio to buying an actual microphone, and figured in this price band I could expect them to be of fairly high quality. Unfortunately, it seems that the snowball ice is not really designed for singing - something I should have guessed upon seeing it is marketed mostly as a microphone for "Skype". Although it can record soft audio quite nicely, there is still a faint whistle in the background even when doing this. When attempting to sing big notes, however, it crackles horribly, as though it doesn't have the audio range to handle louder noises. This, of course, would not be a problem to anyone who wanted to record soft and loud separately; you could simply change the device's settings between doing each part. However, it makes a single recording of loud and soft in one song impossible. In order to get it to record the bigger notes whilst having the mic set up to pick up softer sounds as well, I have to have the mic positioned several feet from me, and have my head turned away from it whenever my voice is beginning to get loud. Not exactly ideal. In fact, this microphone is actually worse than the built in one on my camera as far as its range goes, although it has far less interference or static when quiet. Ultimately, I think I will have to record with both this and my camera simultaneously to get decent audio, which is a shame, because I thought this microphone would be up to the job of doing what a microphone is supposed to do. Definitely worth a buy if everything you do is softly-softly, but doesn't have the range to handle anything remotely operatic.

There is just one other point I wish to mention in the Ice's favour, however - There is a review on here which states the mic does not work on Windows 7 64 bit that has been marked as "helpful" by a lot of people. I have Windows 7 64 bit, and this device worked fine out the box for me. No downloads, no messing with my audio device settings, worked just as promised. I suspect this other reviewer may have just had a faulty product, so don't let being on Windows 7 64 bit put you off if you just want this mic for voice-overs, phone calls, or soft singing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mic, 5 Star Quality., 22 Mar. 2012
This microphone is easy to unbox, and the minute I plugged it in, it was working. My friend noticed the sound difference immediately, saying how good it was.
I recorded a few seconds to hear it for myself, and I must say, it's great.
I'm giving this a 5 Star review. It's worth the money, and i'd say it could be better than some of the other HD microphones which are worth much more. If you're looking for a microphone under £100, this is a great one to consider.

4.0 out of 5 stars Snowball ice, 11 Sept. 2012
Great mic, excelent sound in HD. works great with all recording programs since camtasia to audacity and others. Recomend this mic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Professional, Pristine Podcasting, 8 Sept. 2013
Step 1: Plug it into yo computer.
Step 2: Record an intellectual, family-friendly podcast.
Step 3: Enjoy lovely jubbly quality from this awesome product.
Step 4: Go to a restaurant for your birthday treat. It'll be great. (optional)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but it is a tad large., 24 Oct. 2014
I got this microphone after replacing my old headset that was falling apart, to be clear I use this microphone while I use my computer and talk to friends.

I use skype regularly with friends who find the audio quality better than amazing, the only problem that I had this the microphone is that it is just too sensitive to noise so I've had to turn the microphone volume.

The snowball's stand is stable but can get in the was if your desk is cluttered. I bought a pop filter to go this the microphone but found that the snowball's filter is more than enough, unless your planning to be spitting at it. :)

The size of the microphone can be a problem if your trying to place it in front me but can be placed to the side to remove the obstruction of the microphone.

Overall I would recommend this microphone to anyone needing a semi-cheap and very good quality microphone.