5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent microphone.
After owning this microphone for a while, i thought it would be worth a review.

Pros:

- Compact form factor. They've managed to fit an incredibly good condenser microphone and stand in a small box for a great price here. It fits excellently on my desk.

Published 11 months ago by Anon

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent microphone but terrible stand.
The microphone itself is by far the best I've ever used, excellent sound quality and looks good on my desk to boot. The only problem I have with it is the quality of the stand that comes with the microphone. It is made of cheap plastic with loosely fitted rubber feet. It is nowhere near heavy enough or wide enough to properly support the microphone (which is quite large...
Published 18 months ago by Moblington

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent microphone., 29 July 2014
This review is from: Blue Microphones Snowball iCE USB Cardioid Microphone with Adjustable Mic Stand (Electronics)
After owning this microphone for a while, i thought it would be worth a review.

Pros:

- Sound quality. After using both IM applications and also music production software, i've found the microphone can deal with both voice instruments very effectivley. Very good for acoustic instruments.

- Price. It may seem a bit expensive, but for the quality of the product it is worth it. Stellar build quality, great sound and a great size. All of these make it worth the full price.

Cons:

- The red light always being on is somewhat irritating, but thats how picky im having to be about con's for this microphone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good!, 16 April 2012
Just got my Snowball ice today, The only diffrence between this and the normal snowball is the no option for the omni-direction, But as i'll be recording solo which is Cardiod i wont need the other feature also good for voice overs ext, Also very good for recording instruments. Really easy to set up and use. The Sound is incredible it's HD and just supperb has a nice rich tone also note it's a condensor mic too if your not bothered about the other features which a Snowball has and your going to be recording only ever one person this is a great purchase and your saving your self $50 :)

I'd recommed buying a pop filter which are really cheap and help enhance your recording by removing Popping and harsh sounds. Also to keep your Mic's Diaphragm clean from plosives

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Mar. 2013
Brilliant mic, all I wanted was a high quality mic that would allow me to record good qaulity audio for my youtube videos and live streams and this does the job brilliantly

5.0 out of 5 stars this has made me very happy :), 15 Jan. 2014
I train people on marketing and have started using audio files and pod casts of useful marketing guides and tips and this microphone has imroved my presentation 1000% I am so please with it.
I would recommend this product very highly, I cannot believe it can get better than this...

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Buy!, 13 Jan. 2014
This Microphone is absoulotley amazing! This Microphone got recommended to me by a YouTuber who was talking about the key to a successful or half decent YouTube Channel, and he said firstly you needed a Good Mic, so he said if your looking for a Mic under £50 choose this one, and thank god I took his advice. The Mic was bigger than I expected but I didnt mind that, the stand just screws in on the bottom and then 3 legs just pop out making it really stable. As it says in the product Description, it is plug and play, which is really convenient, but you will probably just fiddle with one setting, in the "Recording Devices" -> "Microphone - Blue Snowball" -> "Properties" -> "Advanced" - in this option just make sure the device is set as, "2 Channel, 16 bit, 48000Hz (DVD Quality)", this is just to make sure you get the best possible sound.

+ Really fast shipping
+ Can compete with £200 Microphones
+ Easy to set up (Plug & Play)
+ Inbuilt Condenser

- A bit plasticy
- I would recommend a breathing shield as it is so sensitive
- Slightly Tinny sound when not compressed

All in all a fantastic Microphone, great buy, will be buying more Blue Microphones products!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job satisfactorily, 18 Mar. 2014
After having read a review on a random forum I came by and after having watched a video on YouTube that compared this item to the other well-known product of Blue microphones, I decided to give this a go.
My primary purpose of usage is voice acting and voice overs, therefore my needs are demanding and I had to make a good search before I proceeded with the purchase of "any" microphone.
So far I am fairly impressed; the quality of input sound is I'd say 4/5, just like my rating of the product. It sounds like it has a built-in filter that kind of "chokes" the surrounding noise, but it is highly sensitive to sounds of saliva, which means that you have to edit them on your own if your are going for recordings or maybe I am not experienced enough to isolate them while voice acting.
All in all, I am quite pleased and for those wondering if it can be used in Windows 8, well, this is what I have, it works fine. It doesn't require any further installations of a driver, it's a simple USB cable.
The downside I could mention (because sensitivity to saliva may be annoying, but it suggests at the same time that the microphone does a healthy job) is that it is a bit heavy for a microphone, thus, not the friendliest portability, especially for someone like me that comes and goes with airlines that are very strict about the weight of your luggage.
I am not sure about your standards, therefore I won't go "yes, buy it for sure" or "no, hell no", but keep in mind that for a perfectionist like me it is my first semi-professional mic that I am happy with!

4.0 out of 5 stars Snowball ice, 11 Sept. 2012
Great mic, excelent sound in HD. works great with all recording programs since camtasia to audacity and others. Recomend this mic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Professional, Pristine Podcasting, 8 Sept. 2013
Step 1: Plug it into yo computer.
Step 2: Record an intellectual, family-friendly podcast.
Step 3: Enjoy lovely jubbly quality from this awesome product.
Step 4: Go to a restaurant for your birthday treat. It'll be great. (optional)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Must buy!, 15 Jan. 2014
This is an absolutely easy microphone to set up, no trouble! It works with windows 8, just plug it in and it will detect it. The hand books are very helpful and easy to understand. You can adjust it up and down not side to side. If you're looking for a slightly better model that will last you longer than go for the normal Blue Snowball. The ice is made of plastic(The stand)but the normal one has a metal stand. It has a USB plug - in and will work with any computer and even for iPad! ***** quality

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but it is a tad large., 24 Oct. 2014
I got this microphone after replacing my old headset that was falling apart, to be clear I use this microphone while I use my computer and talk to friends.

I use skype regularly with friends who find the audio quality better than amazing, the only problem that I had this the microphone is that it is just too sensitive to noise so I've had to turn the microphone volume.

The snowball's stand is stable but can get in the was if your desk is cluttered. I bought a pop filter to go this the microphone but found that the snowball's filter is more than enough, unless your planning to be spitting at it. :)

The size of the microphone can be a problem if your trying to place it in front me but can be placed to the side to remove the obstruction of the microphone.

Overall I would recommend this microphone to anyone needing a semi-cheap and very good quality microphone.