5.0 out of 5 stars A grower
Published 14 months ago by sunfish

3.0 out of 5 stars Yep - this one sounds like Fleet Foxes also!
Excellent songs in a Fleet Foxes vain. One small problem though, Boy and Bear are yet another casualty of the ****LOUDNESS WAR!****. Each song has been mastered and brick wall limited beyond the available dynamic range. Compressed, clipped and totally buggered about with by the engineer.

Did the band know this? Did the band sanction this? Why put so much time...
Published on 30 Nov 2011 by Mr. C. A. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars A grower, 14 Jun 2013
This review is from: Moonfire (Audio CD)
The mark of great music - songs that sound ordinary at first, but then, with each listen, grow in nuance and depth. At first I was reeled in by the chorus in Part-Time Believer (one of the best singalongs I've heard!) but now I've realised that every song is wonderful. After twenty listens, the melodies still sound fresh. I haven't enjoyed an album this much since Lord Huron's Lonesome Dreams, and I'm always on the lookout for good new music.

I think it's more like a cross between Crowded House and Ben Howard - I'm not sure I would put Boy & Bear in the same category as Mumford and Sons.

A wonderful album! I can recommend it unreservedly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great songs, 6 April 2012
Mr. P. Davis (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moonfire (MP3 Download)
I've heard a few of these songs and loved them. I was hoping to pick up the mp3 album tonight, but as it's priced at double the cost of most top 40 albums at the moment, i'm going to have to hold off. how 1 less for a digital download equates to the cost of making stamping, distrubiing and shipping the cd vs a digital download i don't know. I wish we could access this music at a fair price. i will go see them live when they're near me and buy the t-shirt!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Mumford, but. . . .better (!?), 21 April 2012
Mr. C. A. Lillie (Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moonfire (Audio CD)
Fantastic!! If you like Mumford and sons, you will LOVE this. Arguably more variety in its style than Mumford. Liked them so much, I've just been to see them live in the Salford kings arms in a tiny room upstairs. UNBELIEVABLE live!!, filling stadiums, with the right promotion, which m guessing they're not getting. . .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cant stop listening to it., 23 May 2014
This review is from: Moonfire (Audio CD)
I bought their second album Harlequin Dream first. Loved it so much II had to have this one too. I think this one is even better. Great songs and a great voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Moonfire (Audio CD)
I must admit I hadn't heard of them before and found this album by accident and after reading a couple of reviews became intrigued by the good reviews. So pleased I ordered this and harlequin dream, can't stop listening to either at the minute, every track is great, like some of the other reviews mentioned its one of those albums that grows on you with each listen.

3.0 out of 5 stars Yep - this one sounds like Fleet Foxes also!, 30 Nov 2011
Mr. C. A. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moonfire (Audio CD)

Did the band know this? Did the band sanction this? Why put so much time in crafting wonderful detailed music only to have it messed with like this?

For God's sake, put the volume knob back into the hands of the listener!

Moonfire
Moonfire by Boy & Bear (Audio CD - 2012)