5.0 out of 5 stars Citizen Eco-Drive WR 100
The watch turned out to be far higher quality than I ever expected.
However, strap could do with being at least 1cm longer as clearly judging by the strap holes it is intended for a smaller oriental frame, it just fitted my wrist on the last strap hole.

My model is designated KA rather than JP but it still exudes sheer quality.
I have bad eyesight so...
Published 11 months ago by Andrew Goloskof

3.0 out of 5 stars Recommended with a few reservations
This is not the first Citizen eco-drive watch I've owned. Like all the others, it's a high-quality, well-made watch that keeps reasonably accurate time (give or take a few seconds a month). However, it's far from perfect and has a few downsides that make it less than ideal.

Published 2 months ago by AS

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Citizen Eco-Drive WR 100, 31 Jan 2014
Andrew Goloskof "proffski" (UK Glos.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Citizen Men's BV1085-06E Sport Eco-Drive Strap Watch (Watch)
The watch turned out to be far higher quality than I ever expected.

My model is designated KA rather than JP but it still exudes sheer quality.
I have bad eyesight so the 35mm visible watch-face was a godsend as were the clear high contrast numerals.
I’ve only had it one day so my comments may be premature, I sincerely hope not. This is a brilliant design where considerable thought has been given to the overall execution.

I hate watches with trendy ‘fashion’ names, I have also owned much more expensive watches but this is the first time I have fallen in love with a timepiece.
It does what a time piece has to do, no fuss, no pretentious bling, great quality at a bargain price.
Plain yet sophisticated with a perfect pedigree! PERFECT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good watch for the price, 11 May 2012
I bought this watch as I wanted to have a very legible watch with Arabic numerals and I must say that I am very impressed with the result. The dials are very clear and the watch is of an excellent build quality. Eco-drive means that I do not have to worry about battery replacements.

4.0 out of 5 stars works very well indeed for my requirements (4.5 stars), 5 April 2014
I have had my Citizen BV1085-06E for 1 month and I love it. I needed something with a very clear face as when I wear my contact lenses I was unable to read my Casio digital watch without wearing 1.5 dioptre reading glasses over the contacts. The Citizen reads very clearly day and night. I really like the fact that I will not have to change the battery as it charges itself from light energy (the "EcoDrive"). I set the watch using timeanddate.com and it did not lose or gain any time over one month - so I can rely on its accuracy. The hands point accurately at the numbers and time markings. I would give this watch 5 stars except that the date was difficult for me to read once in double figures when I was wearing my contact lenses and not wearing my reading glasses. The luminescent numbers and hands are very effective - in fact if its a sunny day they appear slightly bluish even in medium light levels - personally I like how that looks. The supplied strap is very comfortable and I think it looks smart. Great value for money. 4.5 stars really.
Update Nov 2014. After 8 months the watch is working very well as already stated and the strap is still in good condition. You do have to change the date manually for months which are not 31 days, but it is straightforward.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the dial, 29 Jan 2013
I was looking for a tough, easy to read watch and this fit the bill perfectly. The strap is really comfortable too. Although the watch itself is extremely easy to read, even in the dark, the date window is minuscule. But seeing as this was never on my priority list i give this watch an emphatic five stars and would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT ECO., 18 Jan 2014
Barry Fly (UK) - See all my reviews
Large easily read dial,waterproof and a comfortable strap.Never needs a new battery,as it is self charging in any kind of light, even artificial light.What is not to like? Would recommend it to anyone who needs a reliable timepiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eco Drive, 8 Nov 2012
Very happy with this watch so far. It has a large clear dial and the hands are nicely luminous in the dark, I live in the country so am often out in the dark. The watch strap looks strong and robust and I am looking forward to the benefits of it being self charging.If you are looking for a dainty watch, this isn't it,but if you want something large and chunky, easy to read and without all the bells and whistles like stop watches and what not, you will like this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Recommended with a few reservations, 17 Oct 2014

For starters, it's highly prone to scratching. I've been wearing mine for just over a week now, mostly at the office (definitely not a rough environment), and the metal top next to the strap already has a few scratches. Secondly, this watch is a bit on the bulky, heavy side for me. My wrist is about 7.5" in diameter and watches that are 10mm or less in height feel more comfortable on my wrist. This watch, as measured by me, is approximately 11mm high. The strap on this watch is 22mm wide and NOT 19mm as stated on Amazon. I can definitely feel the extra weight (2.5 oz/71 grams) on my wrist when wearing this watch, though I don't think it's something I can't get used to.

Overall, this is a beautiful, high-quality watch that'll work best for those who prefer a thicker watch. Consider a different model if you'd rather not have visible scratches on your brand-new watch or if you lead an active lifestyle that can be hard on your timepiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Watch, 25 April 2014
Johnny D (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This is my third Citizen watch and I am delighted with it. It looks superb and, with its white hands and white numbers against a black background, it is very easy to tell the time. You do need either good eyesight or a pair of specs to read the date, but this is usually not so critical. Both the watch and the strap look robust and of a high quality. The Eco-Drive is terrific. All my Citizens have had this and now I just wouldn't buy a watch that didn't have it. This watch is very highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Nice Watch, 4 Feb 2013
Lovely clear big face. Very easy to read and best of all never needs any batteries or winding up.
Seems very well built.

1.0 out of 5 stars The watch looks fantastic, I have had the watch for a couple ..., 3 Dec 2014
The watch looks fantastic, I have had the watch for a couple of months now, I was not intending on wearing this as an every day watch so have kept it in a drawer and wore it as and when I needed it. Each time I had to adjust the time slightly but I put this down to it being because it had not been exposed to much daylight. However for the last couple of days I have been wearing constantly with the hope that it would become fully "recharged". Unfortunately in the last two days the watch has lost approximately 2 minutes. I will continue to wear to see if this improves but I am not holding out much hope.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›