Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 March 2016
Item as described. Excellent service.
on 3 November 2015
great gift
on 6 March 2015
Ringo is Ringo, great musicianship and a good version of his old number, Step Lightly. I like the original. He is just FUN to listen to.
on 28 October 2014
Wonderful product!
on 13 September 2013
I like ringo I`m playing this in a few months time looking forward to listen too this my really good choice
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 July 2013
I'm not a mad reviewer, I'm just a simple 20 year old drummer, who listens to Ringo music all the time and considers Ringo Starr the greatest drummer of all time.

After Ringo recorded and released Y Not in 2010, I was excited to see what he could produce with his next album. Y Not, to this day, is at least number 3 on my top 5 Ringo albums, right up there with Ringo from 1973 (naturally) and Vertical Man from 1998.

Here's a quick run down of all the tracks on here.

ANTHEM: First track up, and actually the longest. This is an Anthem for Peace and Love...... that's pretty much it. It can possibly be seen as a "sequel" to Peace Dream from Y Not. Not much to say for this one. Fun to listen to, fun to sing, fun to play on drums. My second favourite song on this album.

WINGS: Already, we're onto Wings, the single from this album, as well as My favourite song on this album. A re-recording of the same song from Ringo the 4th from 1978. As soon as I heard this song, I was pretty much hooked. Wings is my 3rd favourite Ringo Starr song, right up there with Oh My My and Back Off Boogaloo. Once again, fun to play, fun to sing, lyrics are quite memorable. Some people seem torn between which version is better, the original from Ringo the 4th, or this version. Personally, I enjoy them both, and I listen to them both all the time, but if I had to pick, this version wins.

THINK IT OVER: Ringo's cover of the classic Buddy Holly song, recorded I think the year before for a Buddy Holly tribute album. I was actually kinda hoping that Ringo would re-record this and maybe extend it to something around the 2 1/2 minute mark, but nope, this track is super short, around 1:47. Still, that doesn't stop it from being a good song. It's nice to hear Ringo pay tribute to one of the legends of Rock N Roll.

SAMBA: This song, I don't really care for. It's OK, I guess. I will listen to it every now and then, when Windows Media Player is playing the Complete Ringo collection, with track selection set on Random, but as for the entire CD, it's probably my least favourite track on this list. Not the worst Ringo song in the world though. There's far worse. Like Wrack my Brain or Hey Baby.

ROCK ISLAND LINE: This song is the song that got me interested in this album, long before I even heard Wings. I'm a big fan of the Lonnie Donegan version of Rock Island Line, so I was interested to see what Ringo could do with this song, and needless to say, I wasn't disappointed. Awesome track. Not very skiffle-y, if that is a word, and that may turn off a few listeners, those are skiffle fanatics. But still, the song is good, probably my third favourite on this CD.

STEP LIGHTLY: Now....... when this album came out, I originally didn't care for Step Lightly, whether it was the remake, or the original from the Ringo album. But over the past year, the remake has kind of grown on me. I find myself going back to listen to it quite a bit. I still don't really care for the original. Unlike Wings, when it comes to deciding which version of Step Lightly is better, there really is no contest. The remake wins for me anyday.

WONDERFUL: A new song from Ringo, dedicated to his lovely wife of currently, 32 years. It's could be interpreted as a musical way of saying "If you really love each other, you can fix your way through any argument or fight, no matter how bad it is." So far, I've been going out with my girlfriend for nearly 2 years, with our anniversary on October 16th. We've had a pretty rough time in that time. But I always say, "As long as we're still together, it can't be all bad. We can make this work." And so far, it seems to be working. So as long as I'm with this girl, I will enjoy this song.

IN LIVERPOOL: Every album since 2008's Liverpool 8, Ringo has recorded a mini-autobiographical track regarding his days in Liverpool. This time, it's Chapter 3. This track revolves around Ringo going to, or occasionally skiving, school, and going to Sefton Park, or "breaking the rules, and acting like fools" as Ringo puts it in this song. He also talks about going to nightclubs such as the Iron Door, becoming an apprentice engineer, and developing his interest in music. It's a good song, I will say that. The strange thing about this song is that I have found the lyrics to be incredibly memorable, more memorable than than any other track on here, except maybe Wings. When compared to the other Liverpool "Chapters", this one is second best for me, probably due to the lyrics. The Other Side Of Liverpool wins in the Liverpool category, with both lyrics and drum beat winning for me.

SLOW DOWN: Naturally, there's gotta be a family track, this track being with Joe Walsh. Very good guitar and lyrics on this one. It seems to me that, pretty much on this and Y Not's Fill In The Blanks, Ringo and Joe probably just hang out in Ringo's guest house, with drums, a guitar, and a couple of mics, and probably just spurt out random words. And in both Fill In The Blanks and Slow Down, it works. 2 very good tracks in my opinion.

Well, that's it. All 9 tracks. Pretty short. For me, there's 2 reasons this album isn't 5 stars.

1. It's too short, only 9 tracks, running around 29 minutes. That's too short for a Ringo album. Y Not had 10 tracks, resulting in around 35 minutes worth of music. I just hope Ringo isn't running out of musical ideas. I just hope the next album isn't this short.

2. The songs just aren't as memorable as Y Not. Those songs on Y Not seemed to... gel together, and seemed like they were all good combos with each other.

What could've won this album over for me? A remake of either Oh My My with Edgar Winter on saxophone, or a remake of Back Off Boogaloo. Those are my 2 favourite songs above Wings.

But all in all, this album really isn't that bad. It's not the best, but it's not the worst either. The songs are not all horrible. It's still worth it in my opinion, but there is much better Ringo out there.
on 24 February 2013
The track, "Rock Island Line", the lyrics are, "If you want to ride it, YOU'VE GOT TO RIDE IT LIKE YOU FIND IT, get your ticket at the station for the rock island line". Why did he cut one of the lines out? I know it's a little thing, but to someone my age who remembers the original song, and people like Lonnie Donegan having a big hit with it, it's annoying.
Other than that it's a good album. I've always liked Ringo, his "Ringo Star", with songs by Lennon, McCartney, and Harrison, album is one that I still play.
on 21 January 2013
I am a Beatles fan and greedily collect any material by the Fab Four collectively or individually. I've happily added Ringo's latest offering to my collection and 'it's ok'. Not his best, and in terms of duration a very short album. Pleasant enough, as all Ringo's albums are, and a budget price (in itself unusual for stuff by the individual members of the most iconic band ever).
on 8 December 2012
Great item.fast delivery. Very good quality. I am very happy with this product. Wont mind buying another one if needed. Thanks very much.
on 22 June 2012
This man was my Childhood hero.Some liked Paul, John and even George... Me I like 'Our Richie!!' Not a great singer but can hold a good tune but a great drummer in one of the Best bands in the UNIVERSE (Next to the Beach Boys)
This man will soon be 72 but he can still cut it still looks good and still produces some fine songs and some fine albums.
All his albums are good rockers (thats what he does best)
Hes a Cancerian like me so he must be a nice guy in real life. Ive loved him since i was 9 and I still do Ringo...in 2012!! xx Buy It!!