5.0 out of 5 stars Concise - strong on delivery
Published on 30 Jan 2012 by cheeky mud dodger

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor poor poor
Published on 30 April 2012 by Grin_phi

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise - strong on delivery, 30 Jan 2012
My Uncle did his best to send our special day off kilter. He sold his table companions somewhat short by downing his way through their wine allocation, and managed to slip in an inappropriate grab of my bride's nethers... However his speech heckling went unnoticed due to some sterling advice in this book. Some great sidestep lines, and a really good section on delivery, which sets this book apart from the volumes which simply list tired oneliners (although this book does have some cracking lines and I will admit to having pinched a few). If you've got a speech to deliver, you won't go wrong with this one. I couldn't recommend more highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket, 24 May 2012
This book was exactly what I was looking for - not crammed with source material (which as the author points out you can quickly and easily find tons of on the Internet) but rather a practical step-by-step guide on how to write your speech and how to give it. The section on learning to control your nerves has been particularly valuable and the main reason I bought the book in the first place since having to give the speech is the one part of the day I have been dreading. It's also done in a brilliant format - the book is small enough to fit into a pocket, divided into 10 logical chapters, and has loads of practical advice which you can try out for yourself. I can only speak from my own experience but my speech is now going to be a lot better than it would've been, and really importantly for me I'm actually looking forward to the whole day now. If you're a groom-to-be with your wedding looming I strongly suggest you get this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gave me all the help I needed, 20 May 2012
Where so many books of this type simply provide endless example speeches, jokes etc,(all of which can be found on the internet) this book instead tells you exactly how to prepare and deliver your speech. Short and to the point - I didn't want to wade through endless pages of drivel - the bullet guide is just the right format. I'd recommend it for any Groom needing that little bit of help. It helped me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Nov 2013
Mrs. S. A. Ponting "Susie P" (Hedingham, Essex) - See all my reviews
Very useful and now passed to a charity shop

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor poor poor, 30 April 2012
This review is from: The Fast Way to a Perfect Groom's Speech: Bullet Guides (Kindle Edition)
The attractive presentation and layout of this book are not at all supported by the content which contains, at best, a comprehensive study on all that is obvious about public speaking. Other than a few quotes from a couple of different categories towards the end this book, in my opinion, is not a book about preparing and delivering a grooms speech. Anyone familiar with even the basic principles of public speaking will whizz through the pages waiting for something that can really help and inspire them to deliver a good grooms speech. Maybe my expectations were too high, but then, the book description did nothing to correct them. Unless you have no clue about public speaking and you want to cross that bridge first, I would not recommend buying this book to help you with your grooms speech.