5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable chair
My last bedroom chair from Argos broke so I decided to get a new one.

After seeing the reviews of this chair I bought one.
Delivery was fast (next day) and putting the chair together is also very quick (around 10 minutes).

It is super comfortable and it also reclines nicely (only a small amount though) a bit which is a added bonus.
For the...
Published on 10 Aug 2012 by Blossom

1.0 out of 5 stars All reviews are for a different item
Published 11 months ago by Mr. R. D. Penrose

1.0 out of 5 stars All reviews are for a different item, 25 Dec 2013
This review is from: Executive High Back PU Leather Black Color Office Chair 19 Black (Office Product)
***UPDATE***
It seems that the pictures and price were changed back either by the seller or Amazon to the original chair which people had reviewed, however I have not bought one since this change to know for sure and the fact that this seller tried to do this in the first place simply means I'll never buy anything from them as I can not trust what they are selling, but at your own risk it does look like the good chair again (pictures and price).

*WARNING*
This page used to be for a £65 high back leather chair of good quality which had clearly sold a lot of units, it earned many many good reviews as a result and were deserved. However, they have now changed the product to a clearly cheap and nasty looking chair for half the price, changed the pictures but all of the reviews for the old chair have remained, this means that reviews you read are NOT for this chair they are selling and as such should be avoided as they are unfairly representing this new chair with reviews from a different and much more expensive product.
*WARNING*

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Customer Service and Product I've ever had on amazon, 25 April 2013
I must start by saying I was originally impressed with this chair when it first arrived. I'm not a small guy and I had plenty of space, the build was easy, but the enjoyment ended there. After a very short period (1 month) of not excessive use the chair started to sink on me. Every time I sat on my chair it lowered right to the lowest setting and stayed there. I thought this may have been because of my size so my girlfriend who is 5'2 and about 45kg sat on it and the same thing happened. Secondly any movement and the chair would make the most irritating noise; it’s hard to explain but it a mixture of squeaking and a wooden door being closed very slowly.
After contacting the company they sent me replacement parts, these parts arrived in a carry bag (not box). The bag had been ripped and the new parts had broken through and had been badly damaged. Parts were missing from the bag and I was not happy at all.
I then tried to fit the new parts, which to my luck was to no success. I contacted the company asking for a refund which they were not happy to give. It had been 4/5 months since purchase and the chair seemed as if it was 5 years old. After days and days’ worth of emailing I got amazon involved. They informed me that due to this seller being a 3rd party market seller that they had no control over a refund and I would have to sort it out with the company directly. I had a very helpful amazon employee who even sent an email to the company asking politely that there mutual customer was not happy and requested a full refund or a full replacement, not just parts here or there. To my luck I received neither just another email asking them what spare parts I needed.
I have now just givien up whilst I still have the energy to, This chair has caused me hours of phone calls, days of emails and back ach beyond believe trying to change parts over. All I can say is do NOT and I mean NOT buy this chair, even if you’re thinking that you won’t use it much or you’re a small person, it makes no difference and it will take up so much of your time trying to resolve the issue. I am now £70 down and having to save up again to splash out on a high end computer chair from a different seller.
Regards
Jamie

1.0 out of 5 stars what aload of rubbish, 5 Oct 2013
brought this a month ago and had broke already casters snaped the back of the chair stiching has come undone and creeks all the time do not buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable chair, 10 Aug 2012
My last bedroom chair from Argos broke so I decided to get a new one.

After seeing the reviews of this chair I bought one.

For the price it is robust and the materials look stylish.

I am 6,4 and weigh 205 pounds and this chair is big enough for me so it will suit most body types (in terms of
length and weight).

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product do not touch, 19 Nov 2013
This is a terrible chair, it falls to pieces within a couple of months, do not buy the product, it is a complete waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good chair, 26 Jan 2013
Mr. M. Cross "Charcoal" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
Excellent purchase this. I sit in it around 12 hours a day and comfortable enough that I never notice any back ache or bum ache that you may get from a run of the mill office chair. It looks nice too and looks a reasonable build quality overall. Am very surprised a chair at this price point can be this high in quality.

Only downsides are, 1) putting it together does need two people for the hydraulic section 2) The plastic covers for the alan screws that hold the arms onto the base and back of the chair fall out quite easily.

Would recommend.

18/3/13 - Update
The chairs' hydraulic shaft had started to become lose within the base of the seat, giving the chair a wobble and a squeak whenever moving. Contacted the seller, Meriden Furniture, who went out of their way to provide replacement parts at no cost. Post sales customer service is excellent.

3.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: Picture of chair changes often, 9 Sep 2012
I have this in my wishlist as I was interested in purchasing one based on the good reviews, but I have noticed that the headline description of the chair and the photo has changed several times, so the reviews you read may NOT apply to the chair you see advertised and buy.

Updated Oct 2013:
Picture and description now seem constant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and Just what was needed, 20 Jan 2013
The chair provides that all important lower spine support that is so rare in many exec chairs and the design is very good. Easy to put together and I am more that delighted with it.
Viewers will need to be aware that the image on the page for the chairs does change over time, so I can confirm we got what we asked for and was in the pictures, although I cannot explain why the photo provided with this review is of a slightly different chair?!

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality control, 11 July 2013
Received the chair on time (in brown), and having assembled it I can say it is a nice looking chair. However it came with a split on one of the legs, two small chips on one arm and one chip on the other arm. The main problem was fitting the "riser", it just wobbled about so had to resort to hammering it into place. It now has a small spike (nail? ) sticking through the back.Should have returned it but couldn't be bothered with the hassle. Suggest someone should have a look at their quality control department. Would not recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars not recommended, 27 Sep 2013
after using it for a month, its wobbly everywhere, its shaking and its just a bad product overall. not recommended

Executive High Back PU Leather Black Color Office Chair 19 Black