5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Introduction To Android App Development
This book is a great way to introduce yourself to the world of Android programming! It covers everything that one needs to know about downloading Eclipse (software used to develop your apps), writing apps with Java code and adding extra features. With this book, I have quickly learned how to create apps with graphical, textual and mathematical components.

I...
Published 4 months ago by Michael

1.0 out of 5 stars Unable to download
Unfortunately unable to download to PC therefore low rating. This is rather expensive for something that is not readable at all.
Published 9 months ago by Mr. Lance Parkington

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Introduction To Android App Development, 13 April 2014

I must admit, it is difficult to follow if you are a beginner and it I would recommend it for those that have learned the basics of Java or even, any programming language at all and want to apply their knowledge to create apps. The author's instructions are clear (and humorous, at times) with detailed step by step instructions for every aspect of app development.

I have had some experience with programming before and now I am creating apps which I hope to publish in the Android market very soon. This book brought me into the world of Android very well, and I am happy that I purchased it.

However, I have found it a little annoying that he dedicated a full mini-book to creating apps with other methods, rather than sticking to what he wrote about for the entire book. He could have also included how to code other features, such as video or time.

Overall, I am very pleased with this great slab of a book and I encourage anyone who wishes to start developing apps to read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars For dummies who need to be serious, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: Android Application Development All-in-One For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
I like this range of books. I've read, and reread parts of, this book and I'm now writing an app for a real life work project so it must have done some good. I could write in Java before I started and that helped a lot too,

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Jun 2013
highly recommend this book it is a great way to learn about android and how to program apps.

the use of humor keeps you interested and the way everything is explained makes it a joy and very easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Present, 20 Mar 2014
Was bought as present for someone who was very pleased to receive it. The book is exactly what it says it is!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unable to download, 6 Nov 2013