5.0 out of 5 stars Really Nice Cocoa
Published on 2 May 2012 by Emmay

3.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced.
I found it a little bitter. I don't use sugar or sweeteners, if I did it would probably taste nicer, as it is, I found it no nicer than the Cocoa Powder I get from my local supermarket for less money.
Published 5 months ago by eyespy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Nice Cocoa, 2 May 2012
This review is from: Equal Exchange Fairtrade Organic Hispaniola Cocoa Powder 250 g (Pack of 2) (Grocery)
I have never tasted such lovely cocoa. I am a regular purchaser of cocoa, but rarely have I bought the organic variety due to lack of availability in my area. Anyway, I saw this online and decided to treat myself. What a lovely surprise! A beautiful aroma hits you as soon as you remove the lid, and it is incredibly smooth and full of flavour. It is hard to describe the flavour, but if I'm comparing it to regular, everyday cocoa, I would have to say it is somehow sweeter, almost fruity, with seemingly less bitterness. In fact, I have found that considerably less sugar/sweetener is needed when using this particular cocoa. My family uses it as a drink, but I'm sure it would make fabulous cakes or brownies. Another thing that surprised me was that I didn't pay much more for this than I pay at my local shop for non-organic cocoa. A definite winner!

4.0 out of 5 stars Equal Exchange Fairtrade Cocoa Powder, 13 May 2013
A top quality natural cocoa powder. Compares very favourably with the late lamented Rowntree product, and superior to Green & Black's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior taste, much better than Green and Black's - give it a try!, 8 Jan. 2015
Bought this cocoa as I discovered it on Amazon and haven't seen it elsewhere. I'm totally converted. Not only is more choice good but I was getting annoyed with Green and Black's as the cocoa left an oily film on top.

This product is much better:

- No oily film on top
- A richer, more fuller flavour than Green and Black's. Almost creamy.
- Pound for pound (or kilo for kilo if metric is your thing) it is cheaper than what I was paying for Green and Black's at the supermarket.
- This cocoa is sourced from the Dominican Republic, and I for one like choice. It is simply a superior taste in my opinion.

Have a go and see what you think!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Jun. 2013
I have made chocolate sauce, ice-cream and hot chocolate and this cocoa powder is beautiful! It is velvety, rich and great quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cocoa Powder, 21 April 2014
Definitely recommend this cocoa powder to anyone. Like it says on the tin "is rich chocolate heaven". It does not lie.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 7 April 2014
These were just what I required, I couldnt ask for a better product. I would recomend this product to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars mmmmhhhmmhmmhm, 31 Mar. 2014
So nice, for everything! Used in cooking, baking and drinks.
The hot chocolate it makes it sooo creamy: quality deliciousness. It is not bitter just beautiful.
Fairtrade is great as well as you know (hope) that no tears has gone into this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 21 Mar. 2014
Can be used for any mix...... Protein powder, yogurt, on peanut butter yum yum! very tasty and versatile, will buy again

5.0 out of 5 stars Rich and chocolaty without the bitterness of some other brands., 12 Mar. 2014
I use this cocoa powder in my paleo baking and as a drink. I put it in hot water with a small amount of honey (no milk or anything else to mask the flavour). I find I need far less powder and sweetener when using this because the flavour is strong and has no bitter undertones that need to be covered up. It is vegan, gluten free, organic and fair trade! It fulfils all my dietary requirements and tastes amazing. It arrived quickly, well packed and at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious., 22 Nov. 2013
Rich in flavour, very smooth and absolutely delicious. I have it as a hot chocolate, and the absence of any sugar in the cocoa is fantastic. I simply add a dollop of runny honey as a substitute, which adds a touch of yummy sweetness. I'm looking forward to using the cocoa in baking, and am delighted with the quality of the product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›