5.0 out of 5 stars It's good to dream
As an ex-obsessive, but now very occasional, golfer I found this a superb insight into the psychology of the amateur player.

Do we not all have a copy of the Big Book Of Excuses?
Have we not all at one time strung together our best efforts on each hole and thought "If I could just string them together I'd shoot a 67"? Well John Richardson didn't just...
Published on 23 May 2009 by J. Allan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good-But Could Be Much Better
Published on 22 April 2011 by Matt Collins

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good-But Could Be Much Better, 22 April 2011
Interesting book, but I was looking for much more technical info on what he actually did. The book really talks about the emotional process more than the actual swing work and practice techniques. I enjoyed the book and thought it was an amazing challenge to succeed at...but when I thought about it more I realized that with his money, free access to the range, teaching and help from numerous sources I'd be very confident of doing this myself. I've gone from 14 to 7 with nowhere near the help he has. Anyhow, still a great challenge and a good read...I just think it could have been more in detail and better done

5.0 out of 5 stars Left me so inspired I've been dreaming ever since, 28 May 2009
I'm not a big reader as I often don't get the time but this book had me staying up late to finish it. I love how the author drags you in with this book.

You find yourself wanting to pat him on the back, spur him on in times of despair and give his wife a hug and say "don't worry, it'll all be over soon".

A fantastic achievement by seemingly a fantastic bloke - Honestly, you'll love this book to bits no matter who you are. It nearly had me in tears at the end and left me so motivated I started writing lists of all the things I wanted to achieve in my life. Superb! Jon Ashworth

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read !, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Dream On: One Hacker's Challenge to Break Par in a Year (Kindle Edition)
what a great read , well done john !! read the book almost in one go ! would say to any " hacker " ( like me ) give it a read you will enjoy .

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 30 Jun. 2014
A good, honest look at the commitment required in order to shoot par. Has spawned a number of other similar projects

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read and a few good insights, 23 Jun. 2014
Found this to be an excellent read and gave a few good insight into the mental challenges that most of us amateur golfer go through.

Having achieved scoring under par and then losing it totally I can relate to the challenges that the author encountered.

4.0 out of 5 stars thoroughly enjoyable, 30 April 2014
Gives golfing hope those those of us who have little ...
Just shows you what can be done through self-belief and hard work

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic and inspiring, read a few times, 22 Mar. 2014
I have just finished reading the book for the 3rd time, and I still love it. I'm trying to improve my golf and the reference material talked about and the practice techniques are really helpful. The book inspires me

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and inspiring., 22 Feb. 2014
An inspiring account which any golfer who has tried to improve his game can relate to. Honest and frank with the errors and setbacks together with the sometimes erratic progress. I would recommend this to any golfer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 7 Feb. 2014
Very good book. Kept me in the adventure all the way. You don't nee to be an avid or good golfer to enjoy this book.
Very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 31 Jan. 2014
If you are an club golfer who wants to improve then this is a must read. It's not just you that struggles

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›