on 28 June 2012
Got this as a warehouse deal and it is perfect for what I needed it for. It is really heavy, but as we are having a crap summer, it is doing its business and holding up the parasol in strong breezes. It does appear that the base can crack though, as the one received from amazon was cracked in a couple of spots, not something I'm too bothered about as it is outside, and the cracks have nothing to do with the function. Recommended over the cheaper water fill ones. I have a 38mm diameter parasol pole and it works fine. Comes with a couple adapters for parasol diameter and a screw in secure knob. It was really easy to assemble, didn't really need the instructions. Go for it!
on 3 July 2012
Ordered item on Saturday. Was waiting for me with a neighbour on Tuesday. Very pleased with Amazon service. Item was easy to set up and very sturdy. It feels like it withstand quite a bit of resistance from a parasol. It looks and feels a lot more expensive than what I paid for it. I have seen lesser quality bases in B&Q and homebase that cost twice as much and are not as sturdy as this one.Instructions are clear and there is an adapter that can be removed for thicker parasols.
on 9 August 2012
There are no instructions for use and we thought as this base was advertised with a kurtis parasol, they would be compatable. There seems to be two adaptors for different size parasols, but neither seems the right size.I had to remove the adaptors to be able to insert the parosol pole. The parasol can be put at an angle, which I tried and possibly because base is not heavy enough, or secure enough as we cant use the adaptors, it fell over in a slight wind !
The delivery was very effecient so was pleased about that.[[ASIN:B006COEC02 Kurtis 15Kg Outdoor Garden Concrete Parasol Base.
on 8 November 2012
I bought this for my son for his patio umbrella. It arrived with him on time and in perfect condition, and he put it to use straight away. It is quite heavy, so secures the umbrella well, but it is not so huge as to be cumbersome under the table. I would recommend it.
on 9 July 2013
I bought this based on other reviews and definitely wasn't disappointed. A really sturdy parasol base, easy to put together and nice and small, so it doesn't look obtrusive on the patio. Great price as well.
on 12 July 2013
Great product, quick delivery excellent service. Is suitable for several pole diameters as it has a removable plastic lining, very heavy and robust. Also stylish.
on 28 June 2012
where we live is quite windy so this parasol base is good and heavy and keeps the parasol on the ground and not flying in the air which it did a few times before I bought this!
on 11 June 2014
This product is of very good quality, good looking, value for money if you don't want to spend £50 for a similar one from John Lewis. We bought a 2.75m garden parasol from JL, but couldn't fit in the base pole as the pole is just about 2mm too small.
on 17 May 2013
Needed a base to go with my new parasol - have not used it yet (waiting for summer)!!
Appears to be just what I am looking for - and I will not now worry about any strong wind taking the parasol.
on 14 January 2013
Hard to get excited about a parasol base, but arrived on time and serves the required purpose. Good reasonable price!

See one answered question