5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BRUSHES YOU CAN BUY
Published 22 months ago by RAVEN AK47

1.0 out of 5 stars information about customer service
hi
this is not review about a brushes as they are perfect etc. Purdy ;) -> *****
I just wanted to warn you about this store transtools , what it is:
they got good delivery service, quite cheap items and all is fine unless you received wrong items so:
I shop online a lot and I have never ever had to deal with such a ignorant company like transtools,...
Published 10 months ago by W D

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BRUSHES YOU CAN BUY, 8 Sep 2012
This review is from: 3pc Purdy Elite Precision Paint Brush Set 1x1" 1x1.5" Dale Elite + 1x2" Glide Elite
IV'E BEEN A PAINTER & DECORATOR FOR 28-YRS & HAVE USED MANY BRUSHES OVER THAT TIME,THESE ARE THE BEST BRUSHES YOU CAN BUY,THEIR VERY LIGHT BECAUSE OF THE WOOD USED IN THE HANDLE,PLUS THE FACT THAT THE HANDLES ARE NOT VARNISHED LIKE MOST OTHERS,HELPS AS WHEN THEIR VARNISHED,THEY STICK TO YOUR HANDS AND CAN AFFECT YOUR CUTTING IN,& JUST FEEL HORRIBLE TO USE,AS THESE HAVE A CHISEL EDGE,IT MAKES CUTTING IN SO MUCH EASIER AS IT FINDS THE CENTRE LINE BETWEEN CEILING & WALL,SO ANYBODY SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET PERFECTLY STRAIGHT LINES,THEIR NOT THE CHEAPEST,BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR?LOOKED AFTER THEY SHOULD LAST YOU A LONG WHILE,KEEP THE BRUSH HOLDER BOX AS IT HELPS KEEP THE SHAPE OF THE BRUSH FOR WHEN YOU USE IT NEXT, BRILLIANT

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent brushes, 19 Nov 2012
C. Oliver (UK) - See all my reviews
After years (and years) of using natural bristle brushes, which were coming to end of their lives, I decided to try these synthetic bristles and chose these with the angled edge for 'cutting-in'. I've now used them for both emulsion and gloss and have been very pleased with the results. The paint covered easily and uniformly when used on both walls and skirting and I was able to produced a better straight line 'cut-in' than I have usually able to achieve. So all in all, I'm very pleased with these brushes and hope they will last a very long time. Probably longer than my enthusiasm for decorating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic brushes, 9 Jun 2012
I have used a fain number of cheap and good quality brushes over the years, these are by far the best for cutting in! Great with waterbased gloss and emulsion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best synthos, 24 Mar 2014
My daughter in law recommended these. She is in the trade and uses no other on water base. Wash and dry nicely. Well they are hand made. I like the personalised naming of each brush but then I'm daft as a brush. Hope that painted the picture nicely.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the money, 4 Nov 2013
ZE Jordan "zothepro" (UK) - See all my reviews
These really are a joy to use. Their biggest bonus is that (compared to really cheapo brushes on the market) as long as you wash them properly and take care of them, they remain good as new. I have used mine at least 15 times now (doing up new house) and they are still good as new. The wood handle (if you're a mucky pup like me) does get paint stained - but I think it makes them look "rustic!!"

Other cheaper ones available, but these are top dollar

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely brushes., 14 May 2013
Really good quality brushes, great to use for my DIY painting around the house. I would recommend them without hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cutting In, 26 Feb 2013
These brushes are so easy to use even for me and i would tell you all to buy them as they are first class and a dream to work with.

Thanks,
Mark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cutting in brushes of high quality, 18 April 2012
These Purdy brushes are very well made. They do not lose many hairs when new, maybe one or two. They provide an excellent finish when used with care and make cutting in a lot easier right up to internal corners, because of their well trimmed, angled bristles and their slim shape.

The three brushes in the set are a good choice of size, the smaller being ideal for window frames, the larger for walls. I have only used them on water based paints and varnishes, but they are the best brushes I have used to date. They don't hold a lot of paint, which is OK for cutting in work, but they won't do for more general area painting such as doors. For that, you need another Purdy brush.

I have one complaint, which is that the natural wood handles are very prone to soaking up paint. I like to keep my brushes completely clean, including the handles, and scrub them after use to ensure all paint is removed. I have brushes that are over 10 year old and, apart from the makers name having worn off, they look as good as new. Already one of my Purdy's has a pink smudge on the handle which can't be removed by scrubbing. In future, I may consider varnishing the handles; a minor problem which in no way affects their performance.

I do recommend these brushes as probably the best for water based paints, certainly the best I have found. Hamiltons run them a good, close second and I won't be getting rid of my Hamiltons collection just yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent brushes for a neat finish, 6 Feb 2014
A. Wallace (UK) - See all my reviews
Loved these brushes. They've kept their shape even working with gloss and difficult corners. Would thoroughly recommend…also worth cleaning with Purdy comb.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best brushes for modern paints, 21 Feb 2013
I. Thomson - See all my reviews
I have been painting for over 40 years and have always been fussy regarding what brushes I choose to use. Searching and researching on line threw up this make. I have never used as good a brush before. It even feels right. The balance and flow on wood or metal with a thin handle makes painting a pleasure.