5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable sequel
I really enjoyed this sequel to Post-human. You don't have to read the first novel beforehand, but you will feel more for the characters and the decisions they make throughout. The themes and actions are quite similar to the original, but the story is very different. As in the first novel, the actions and consequences will make you think about them yourself...
Published on 4 Aug. 2012 by Justintime

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment after the first 2 novels
Published 12 months ago by Laura of Lurking

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable sequel, 4 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Trans-Human (Book 3) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)

I highly recommend both novels and look forward to reading the prequel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Trans-Human (Post-Human Sequel), 27 July 2012
This review is from: Trans-Human (Book 3) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
After reading Post Human I had to get the sequel. An amazing saga, kept me guessing right to the end.
Really looking forward to the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must after reading Post Human, 23 July 2012
This review is from: Trans-Human (Book 3) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
After completing Post Human I had no qualms hitting the buy button on my kindle to get straight into the next superb story of the Post Human saga. From buying the first book I went on to read both in 4 days, I couldn't put the kindle down! If you liked the first this is a no brainer. This like the previous one moves very quickly keeping you guessing and still manages to trick you at the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trans Human, 27 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Trans-Human (Book 3) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
Read Post Human first and really enjoyed it, went straight onto Trans Human, even better, didn't want to put it down. Hope there is a another one!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment after the first 2 novels, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Trans-Human (Book 3) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
Firstly, I should state that despite my many problems with this novel I did get enjoyment out of it and plan to read the next one (partly because I felt this novel was merely a set up for the fourth instalment, and partly because I have the 4 book box set so I may as well make use of it). I think it is also worth noting that I do not think I am reading these in the order they were written, but in the order of the box set, so some of my misgivings may be related to that.

This is the third novel I have read in this series. While I have had minor gripes in the back of my head with the previous 2, these were often undefined. This time however they stuck out too much to ignore, even one of the characters hit on it. They were going to fix things with a deux ex machina. I would have liked to have seen them use their minds, rather than rely on advanced robots, abilities humans of present day do not have, or the ability to change themselves into something else.

This is not the first book in which most, if not all of the main characters have been killed, then miraculously revived by a character who has shown no abilities beyond other people of this futuristic time.

The author in this novel had some potentially great ideas, but it felt as if he was getting bored of each one mid way through the implementation and jumping to something different without the padding to catch me as I fell through the plot hole.

In each book more types of inventions, creatures and robots have been introduced. I have had little issue with this as I felt, while often not implemented as well as they could have been, these have added to the story and felt like likely progressions in a human race who have advanced so much. However, in this novel it felt as if a new species was invented, the rules for many previous ones were ripped out from under our feet, and while I tried to regain my balance they were all put in a blender and attributes switched between them. For example I felt in some places the androids had more emotion than the humans.

All of that aside the ending, what I hope is a permanent resolution for the group of "purists", people who decided not to become part machine made me smile. All too often they seem to be treated as lesser individuals, sometimes feeling like the author's political statements on certain groups of our society under a thin veil.

I am disappointed to have to give this a 2.5, rounded to a 3 for the sake of reviewing sites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Trans-Human (Book 3) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
Read all three books in numbered order, gripping plotline and although very futuristic also very believable. The author certainly understands all the twists and turns of life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Trans-Human (Book 3) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
Personally I found Trans-Human to be the best out of the first 3 books. The story moves at such a quick pace and there are lots of plot twists and edge of the seat moments. By this time you really are attached to the characters and their plight. I recommend reading Post-Human first as most of the characters are introduced in that book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read Them All, 11 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Trans-Human (Book 3) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant series of books, well worth reading, shame there are no more at the moment. Definately recommend. On the free list but would pay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 2 Feb. 2013
Ms. E. Wood - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trans-Human (Book 3) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
Really loved this book and became very fond of the characters, looking forward to reading more by this excellent author

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great read from David Simpson, 15 July 2012
This review is from: Trans-Human (Book 3) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
Another good tale from DS. This wasn't quite as good as the first in that it was more convoluted at certain points with what felt to me as crucial twists that weren't given the full detail they deserved in deference to keeping up with the pace of the tale.

This follows on nicely from the first book and delivers much of the action and near-futuristic scifi that appealed from the first, again in an accessible format that doesn't require the geekiness obsession with technology that so much in a similar vein does.

Waiting for the next instalment now!