5.0 out of 5 stars Far better than wrist straps
Published 20 months ago by VRD

3.0 out of 5 stars They'll get you to a 140kg-Deadlift, but no more.
Overall:
Good for deadlift and pull ups. Better than straps in my opinion.
Tips:
Make sure the exposed metal loops are on the inner wrist to avoid digging into skin and leaving sore marks.
IMPORTANT:
Published 9 months ago by Ian Morris

5.0 out of 5 stars Far better than wrist straps, 29 Oct 2012
This review is from: Authentic RDX Pro Weight Lifting Training Gym Hook Grips Straps Gloves Wrist Support Lift (Misc.)
I was quiet frustrated the way my fingers were giving up while doing the exercises like pull ups, shrugs, bent down pull overs. I had even tried the wrist straps which didnt do very well as you need to concentrate on fixing them for every set. These hooks work wonderful. When I bought it and wore it at home it felt really weird and looked weird too. I was not sure if these will work. But the next day I went and did the pull ups and shrugs just to see if they do and guess what, I am very pleased with them now.

Excellent inovation. Must have product !!!

3.0 out of 5 stars They'll get you to a 140kg-Deadlift, but no more., 29 Sep 2013
Overall:
Good for deadlift and pull ups. Better than straps in my opinion.
Tips:
IMPORTANT:
Metal loops will bend when deadlifting 140kgs+ This means the metal hooks separate from the wrist straps. Thankfully i was descending at this point so i did not sustain an injury.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Complete enhancement for Traps and Back workouts, 23 Sep 2012
These grips are fantastic. Before purchasing these grips I frequently injured my hands as my grip used to give out before the muscle group that I was trying to work. But now, the change is brilliant, I can train to my full potential and my grip does not give out. They are extremely comfortable and easy to wear. An excellent product! Would definitely recommend!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Ripped after a Month, 10 April 2014
Good to use if you stay in your comfort zone and want to lift less than your max. Was deadlifting with these and decided to add extra weight as been on the same weight too long. Last rep the grip on my left arm gave out and within a split second the hook ripped off rendering these broke and useless.

I now use standard lifting straps that are less than half the price of these and whenever I want to make progress and lift beyond my personal best, even if my grip gives up on a rep the straps will just uncurl and not tear.

These hooks rely on your grip staying firm, so what good are they if you want to make progress? Waste of money and will stick to straps from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for dead lifting, 27 May 2014
Andrew Rudge - See all my reviews
I have weak wrists due to an old accident and sometimes struggle in the gym. I got recommended these and wow I'm finally seeing an improvement. Dead lifting was hard due to not getting enough grip on my bad wrist and now Im clearly back to pumping it with the big boys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 2 April 2014
P. T. Smith (Oxford) - See all my reviews
After reading some reviews and mindful of wanting to work forearms during larger muscle activation exercises i avoided buying. these are not like the old straps or hooks but have done the job perfectly. i still feel the pain where i want it, i only hove these on for the last heavy sets and only on specific routines but i love them - still getting forearms and grip work but now also getting deep burn in the lat after being able to keep going when the grip was about to give up - excellent product, excellent value, arrived next day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat!, 30 Mar 2014
I was skeptical when I got these first because I wasn't sure how much they would help me. However, the moment I started using these strap ons, I realized the true extent of the strain I feel on my fingers. I do a lot of pull ups and chin ups and dead lifts as well. Using these have helped me push myself a bit more because of the less strain on my fingers. I do not do any heavy lifting, I dead lift around 50-70 kgs and it works perfectly for me. So, I am unaware of the effect of lifting heavy.
I am trying to think of a negative with this, can't think of any. The velcro strap is big enough to say that this is truly a "one size fits all" product. The padding around the wrist has also not gone unnoticed. Overall, this is such an innovative product that makes training easier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall good product, 10 Feb 2014
Only issue I have is that the rubbery bit slips and does not stay put when lifting heavier weights. Else good

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommendes, 1 July 2014
Great

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly designed, 21 Jun 2014
The metal part of the wristwrap digs into the top of my thumbs, painful.
The hooks are not at all bent enough to securely hold standard bars.