5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply, The Man.
It's early days, and it will need a few months to bed in, but this may possibly be his strongest collection of songs yet. Bubblegum is a great album, but one I feel would have been even stronger with two or three songs removed, whereas this one is more consistent. Favourite songs change from day to day, with Phantasmagoria Blues and Deep Black Vanishing Train being my...
Published on 11 Feb 2012 by Sid.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm... A disappointment. Okay in places, but I hoped for so much more
Despite Mark Lanegan being my favourite vocalist of the last twenty years, when I first heard Blues Funeral I was initially very disappointed. Deliberately, I didn't rush to become one of the first to review it here in case I gave the album an unfair critique. Aside from 'Gravedigger Song' and perhaps 'Riot in my House' there didn't seem to be any other standout tracks on...
Published on 21 Feb 2012 by Moondog

5.0 out of 5 stars all family loves it!, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Blues Funeral (Audio CD)
I bought this CD for a family.
All of them - father, mother and a son - just lives it!

5.0 out of 5 stars aaah Mark <3, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Blues Funeral (Audio CD)
what can I say? Bubblegum is one of my all time favourites, and I was nervous when this came that it might not live up to expectations. needn't have worried. it does.

5.0 out of 5 stars dark gritty and genius, 29 Jan 2013
This review is from: Blues Funeral (Audio CD)
what a fantastic album, this is my first venture into the work of mark lanagan after seeing him on tv at a festival and was blown away with him live and the album doesnt dissapoint. not a weak track on album. the riffs burn into your brain, its impossible to pick favourites which to me is a sign of a great album. buy it you wont regret it, bubblegum next!!cant wait!!

5.0 out of 5 stars MASTERPIECE, 3 Jan 2013
Mark Lanegan:
I had to say something else?
Not like "Whiskey for the Holy Spirit" but...
Hey
He IS Mark Lanegan!
Enough?

4.0 out of 5 stars Strange mixture but great, 19 April 2012
S. J. Daly - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blues Funeral (Audio CD)
I loved this album from the very fiirst listen. It's a strange mixture of dirty blues and 80s electro pop, I know that sounds odd but please don't let it put you off. There are shades of the Dandy Warhols (which is never a bad thing). Keep an open mind and you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album!!, 5 April 2012
Sara Sousa Silva "Sagres Natura Surfcamp Port... (Sagres Algarve Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blues Funeral (Audio CD)
Blues Funeral is my favorite album after the end of Screaming Trees!! The song are all great and his voice is better than ever!! I love Harborview Hospital - its my favorite song!! Love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, worth the long wait, 16 Mar 2012
This review is from: Blues Funeral (Audio CD)
I was a bit sceptical when I read reviews elsewhere mentioning the words "overproduced", "Mark Lanegan goes synth", etc...but I bought it anyway.
In my modest opinion it's a much better album than Bubblegum (my favourite albums are still "The Winding Sheet" and "Whiskey for the Holy Ghost")
My personal favourites of this album are "Bleeding Muddy Water","Leviathan" and "Ode to Sad Disco" but all the other tracks are just as good. I can't stop listening to this record!
It might sound overproduced if you prefer his early stuff (which to be honest, I did until now) but I have been so pleasantly surprised by this album after some of the reviews I had read...
Well worth the wait and I really hope that it won't take so long for the next solo album.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wailingly Awesome Funeral, 6 Feb 2012
Benjamin Clayton (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blues Funeral [VINYL] (Vinyl)
A masterpiece from start to finish, and the vinyl version is a work of art, from the beautiful gatefold artwork to the lyric sleeves and the deep green vinyl goodness within.

Purchase if you don't have it. If you don't like Blues Funeral, I don't like you.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've Been Dreaming Of You My Love, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Blues Funeral (Audio CD)
this was easily my album of the year and two years later it is still getting a hammering. To put it simply Mark Lanegan can do no wrong, his voice is effortless and the best around.

5.0 out of 5 stars My six year old daughter calls him the 'spooky man', 7 Feb 2012
This review is from: Blues Funeral (Audio CD)
Mark Lanegan's solo album's seem to get better with everyone he does. The first track on album('Grave Digger's Song')beats you into submission. That particular track my 6 year old daughter calls the 'spooky man' song (I have never been so proud). If you like Mark Lanegan's collaborations with SOULSAVERS and UNKLE and enjoy the contrast of a his leathery voice against the backdrop of electro-pop tunes then there are quite a few ditty's for you. First up is the aptly named 'Ode to Sad Disco'. It might make some fans of Screaming Tree's turn in their graves, but this could be the start of a new musical genre 'dark disco'. I can see it now..goths/emo's...'stacking boxes' at their local club ;0). Another 'dance tune' is 'Harborview Hospital' which reminds me of U2 (back in the experimental 90's); but this is far superior, as Mark actually has a good voice (sorry Bono). Overall I think this album shows us that Mark is the king of reinvention(more like vodka and Red Bull than whiskey). I hope my 'daft' analogies don't put people off buying this album; as it's blooming amazing.

Blues Funeral
Blues Funeral by Mark Lanegan Band (Audio CD - 2012)