5.0 out of 5 stars A definite buy!
Published on 27 Nov 2011 by T. Rose

3.0 out of 5 stars Book
Did not enjoy this as much as I had hoped. Seemed like a long list of his and other stars films and nothing much else
Published 7 months ago by Pademuir

5.0 out of 5 stars A definite buy!, 27 Nov 2011
This review is from: Colin Firth: The Man Who Would Be King (Kindle Edition)
I just finished reading Sandro Monetti's bio on the great Colin Firth. What a fantastic read! I read a lot of biographies but this is an author who does his research. I had no idea Colin was such an interesting actor. Sandro has this exquisite panache when writing about stars as I read his last book on the life of Mickey Rourke. He makes us feel like we're right there with them. I love his writing style and I highly recommend you buy this for a Xmas pressie or just for yourself. Three thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!, 27 Nov 2011
This review is from: Colin Firth: The Man Who Would Be King (Kindle Edition)
Sandro Monetti has done it again. Yet another fabulous page turner, I couldn't put the book down. This book has everything a biography should have, you feel as if you are truly inside Colin Firth's inner circle and know him intimately. I enjoyed every minute and highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic depth, beautifully written..., 23 Nov 2011
This review is from: Colin Firth: The Man Who Would Be King (Kindle Edition)
I love this book. Sandro Monetti is unafraid to thrust deeply and energetically into the fascinating life of Colin Firth. Beautifully written with such diverse research and explanation from a variety of viewpoints. A must have for the Christmas stockings of many this year, I'm sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent, 24 Nov 2011
This review is from: Colin Firth: The Man Who Would Be King (Kindle Edition)
Colin Firth has lived a life even more dramatic, comedic and romantic than his movies, as this magnificent book reveals. Added insight from experts in relationships, psychology and style make this much better than most showbiz biographies

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, 24 Nov 2011
This review is from: Colin Firth: The Man Who Would Be King (Kindle Edition)
Sandro Monetti is fast becoming one of my favourite authors on celebrities. Pacy writing, great detail and lots of fascinating stories makes this a brilliant read, I couldn't put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
Tricky707 (Norwich, England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Colin Firth: The Man Who Would Be King (Kindle Edition)
My wife loved this book! then again she does fancy him too !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Read again? Yes, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Colin Firth: The Man Who Would Be King (Kindle Edition)
I would most definitely recommend this book to Colin Firth fans. A very good read and well worth getting very informative.

3.0 out of 5 stars Book, 25 Nov 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars The man who would be king, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Colin Firth: The Man Who Would Be King (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book as I love Colin Forth's work but I found this book to be very boring it started off ok but by the middle I got so fed up with it I gave up and deleted it from my device. It's not his life that was boring me but the writers style of writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read., 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Colin Firth: The Man Who Would Be King (Kindle Edition)
An excellent read, as I was born in 1930 I lived through that time, but as a child did not understand all the emotions that were felt at the time. I knew he was loved, such a gentle man, the queen was such a good looking woman, and made a marvellous partner and support for him.It was nice to read some of the background at the time.