Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.31

on 23 July 2004
The Vicious Vikings is packed with frightening facts about these vile invaders...and their savage Saxon enemies ~ from cruel kings and vengeful Viking warriors to the suffering slaves, the thralls.

Want to know:

* why some vicious Vikings had names like Fat-thighs, Oaf and Stinking?
* how to build a vicious Viking longboat?
* which vicious Viking god dressed up as a woman?

Read on to find out about some truly terrible torture techniques, vile Viking legends full of gruesome giants and deadly dwarves, and the messy murder of King Edmund.'

A witty and colourful cover opens to 135 pages, split over chapters:

12. The savage Saxons
13. The suffering Saxons
14. King Alfred the cake
15. Test your teacher

with an introduction & an epilogue.

Written with the typical Deary humour, in a variety of type styles and black & white illustrations/cartoons throughout, from Martin Brown.
on 5 April 1999
This book is excellent for any ages but i think, my self being a kid this book is for 10-13 year olds mostly. Parents should buy this and other Horrible History books if they cant get their kids to read other boring hisdory facts. This book has lots of information on vikings and how they lived. Who and how and when and what they conquered in a very funny way. Comic strips here and there make it funny and fun to read. There are also quizes and trick questions for your teachers about vikings, so if your teacher is a show-off then ask them some things out of here. You'll cathc them of guard! I personally like Horrible history books more than Horrible Science and Geography books because here there is like a storyline. This book is one of the best out of the Horrible History books, but I havent read all of them (and am looking forward to it). That is about it. My mum and Dad read this book and they also loved it, so that proves that it is for all ages. Terry Deary has really gone to town with this one! If your buying your first book out of this series then get this one!
on 31 July 2013
I gave this book 4 stars because it was very funny but it didn't make me laugh as much as I would like to.
It was very gross. I like a bit of gross now and then that's why I gave it one of it`s stars for. I would recommend this book to a person who likes gross and likes having a book that makes them laugh.
on 17 June 2013
I found this for my son as we have been reading about Vikings. He is 8 and found it very entertaining. He also learnt a thing or two! Just the right length. It encouraged him to read more on the subject so it's got the thumbs up from me. Arrived quickly.
on 5 June 2013
I'm not sure I want to read it but my kids love them and the fact certainly seep in...'we heard that on Horrible Histories and I read that in Vicious Vikings' is a frequent explaination in our house.
on 16 April 2012
As big fans of Horrible Histories, both my pre teen daughters love this CD. I always find it being played on their CD players and often have to switch it off when I check on them at bedtime
on 29 March 2014
If you’ve read my other Horrible Histories reviews, you’ve probably noticed a recurring theme – I always say that the books are good, but not as good as The Vicious Vikings. Well, The Vicious Vikings is finally here, and let me let you in to a little secret – it’s awesome.

And the best part of it is, you don’t need to be a history geek to enjoy reading it – hell, you don’t even need to be a kid! The Vikings were a fascinating race, and Deary tells their story with obvious passion – it’s a passion that’s contagious, and Martin Brown‘s fantastic illustrations help to complete this children’s masterpiece.
on 25 April 2012
A book that has really enthused my 8 year old grandson to enjoy History! As he moves up through his school I am sure he will find other titles in this series just as exciting.
on 15 April 2013
A great book for a young history buff. I read it with my granddaughter on our way to, and back from, the fabulous Viking Exhibition in Edinburgh and she enjoyed it.
on 14 February 2013
IENJOYED it immensely as i had quite a few laughs while reading it .my grandson who is nine is now reading it and as asked for the others in this series,