4.2 out of 5 stars1,144
Style Name: 300Mbps Wireless N|Change

on 16 December 2014
This is a preliminary review as I'm about to upgrade to fibre broadband and have bought and installed this card in anticipation of getting higher speeds. I've just installed it on a PC running Linux Mint 13 - 64 bit (Maya - the 2012 release supported for 5 years). Installation could not have been simpler - remove old wireless card, install this new one to a PCI Express slot and turn on, after boot up click on the wireless icon in the task bar, select my wireless network , enter my wireless password and bingo! it works! No need for the installation disk or anything else - Mint 13 recognised it without problem. I'll come back and update this review when I get fibre broadband in a few days to report on speed achieved, any problems etc.
Update: December 2015 - I've had this for a year now with absolutely no problems, I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS now and it also works "out-of-the-box" with this card.
on 2 August 2014
This is a really good card. I just recently got upgraded to Virign Media's 100mbps internet package. The micro wireless USB adapter from Edimax I was using wasn't reaching anywhere near the 100mbps over wireless. I was getting 30-35mbps on a good connection, but it would drop as low as 3-5mbps sometimes, and was just generally unstable. The USB tethering on my phone was fairing a bit better getting me a stable 30-35mbps, buy still nowhere near 100mbps. Even when using my phone or a tablet right next to the hub I was only getting 40-45mbps max. I initially suspected the super hub may be at fault, that maybe it's wireless output signal wasn't up to par, but after reading a lot of positive reviews for this card, and particularly a few reviews I seen from people who have Virgin Media internet connections of 100mbps+ saying they were getting full speeds over WiFi with this card, I decided to buy it to see if it would make a difference, and it did. I'm getting near enough wired speeds with this at about 3 meters away, stable 105-107mbps download on speedtest, and 5-7mbps upload. I'm very happy with the results and would recommend it to anyone who is on a high speed internet package but who find that their hardware is crippling their speeds over WiFi.
on 12 February 2016
I purchased this card as it had many good reviews all over the internet. I needed a dual band Wi-Fi card so I could connect my computer to the internet without an Ethernet cable. My ISP is Virgin Media and I have the 200Mbps package with 12Mbps upload speed. I am surprised to say that I am getting the same speeds that I get with an Ethernet cable. I have been doing many speed tests with this card installed and it has managed to get 200.30 Mbps download speeds, and 12.17 Mbps for the upload speed.

The card is very easy to install as it just fits into the PCI Express slot on the motherboard and then I used the screw that came with my case to secure it in place. After that I just screwed in the three antennas that are supplied with this card. The only problem that I did have was that I had to use the CD to install the drivers as Windows 10 did not download the drivers automatically. This however was not a problem for me as I do have a disc drive but this may be a problem for some people who do not have one.

I would recommend the TP-Link Archer T8E AC1750 as so far it has been performing way past my expectations.
review image
on 28 April 2016
I'd been using a TP Link USB dongle for a couple of years. Suddenly my connection speeds started to drop out constantly and the speed would drop when it was working to under 1MB

I decided to swap this for a PCI wireless card but at a low cost. I decided on the WN881ND as it was super cheap.

it was worth a punt even with the negative reviews re Windows 10 driver issues.

Anyhow It arrived fast as normal with Prime

Chucked it in and let Windows do its thing.

As everyone else had said in prior reviews.

Drop outs, slow speed, connected but nothing happening....

Using a wired connection I downloaded the latest drivers from the TP LINK uk website and Installed it. (Easy to do, type device manager in the search box, click on network devices, right click on the wireless device, click driver, click update driver, navigate to where you saved the downloaded file, press ok and wait.)

I used the latest driver that was for Windows 8.1

Since then zero issues. Decent speed and no drop outs.

The chip is a Atheros AR9287 which has a Windows 10 driver if you dig deep enough you will find it via Google but be aware I don't know if TP link would like you to use it.

I chose not to use it as the Windows 8.1 version works just fine for me

The above is how I've managed to successfully use my wireless card. It may not work for you so please don't take my advice as profecinal advice.

Use my info at your own risk
on 3 October 2013
Such a brilliant device! Just put in in the PCI-express slot, start the computer and... that`s it! No instalation drivers needed. So efficient, so powerfull, i like and recommend it alot! I use Windows 8 and there is no compatibility issues! Works perfect!
VINE VOICEon 31 October 2015
Style Name: AC1300|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Archer T6E card was straightforward enough to install on my Windows 7 Desktop. It was just a matter of unclipping the PC case, freeing up a PCI slot, securing the card and turning the PC back on. Windows detected the new device straight away but you have to cancel its attempt to find a driver and install the driver from the CD that comes with the card. The installation program also can install an optional bit of software to select a wireless network. You don’t have to install this, you can just use the facilities which Windows provides to select a wireless network. I tried both, the software seems a bit pointless to be honest but both achieve the same effect of getting you online.

The card comes with brief instructions on a bit on paper. There is also a PDF on the CD which I scanned but didn’t really need.
It doesn’t say on the Amazon site but this card also supports Windows XP in case anyone has an older PC they need this for..

Once everything was up and running I tested the card. I don’t have superfast broadband but in terms of percentage of the wired speed, the T6E achieved 86% of my wired speed. That’s one less wire I now need!
on 10 August 2012
A massive thank-you to TP-Link for this brilliant card and you guys who have already reviewed this product. Let me explain.

A few weeks ago Virgin media sent me a Netgear Superhub to replace my 10-year-old modem and router. I have a PC running Windows XP, SP3.

I connected the aerial and power lead as instructed, switched on and great my PC recognised the new hub instantly. Choose the Virgin media from the available networks list, put in the passphrase and nothing, it would not connect. Tried over and over again but still it would not connect. I phoned Virgin media who were as helpful as having an ice cream kiosk at the North Pole.

In desperation I turned to the internet (with the help of my sons computer) and search for an answer. This led me to this product and the reviews here on Amazon. I purchased the product installed it which took all of 30 seconds, put the disk in to load the drivers and hey presto instant connection..

Strong signal, works well on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz with no drop out. In short it's a brilliant piece of hardware that actually works. No need to say anymore except if you are looking for a new wireless card or have been experiencing problems with connection then this product could be the answer. Thank-you all again.
on 9 September 2015
If you're going to buy a PCI Wireless card - it might as well be a decent one. For just £25 - this card is a great bargain. Dual band is extremely useful if you have 5GHz WiFi (which I highly recommend you use if you do) and the signal strength is very good.

I have the Virgin "Up to 152Mbps" package and was dubious that a wireless card would be able to consistently handle the speeds that it comes with, but to my delight this card has maintained a solid 160Mbps down and 12Mbps upload (with 152Mbps and 12Mbps being the theoretical limits) throughout. The signal has not dropped once.

If you're considering spending less money on a wireless card, don't. I spent £10 on a cheaper TP-Link card but it was useless, it only found a network if you were very close to the router and even then the signal was pitiful. For just £25 - you have a future-proof and reliable wireless card.
review image
VINE VOICEon 30 October 2015
Style Name: AC1300|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I generally reserve a 3*** review for products that are generally OK but either don't exactly excite, have some other issue that frustrates, or represent mediocre value. And that pretty much typifies this rather nice looking, butch wireless card. I dunno what it is with wireless cards but over many, many years now they're pretty much the only devices I ever have problems installing. It's all about the drivers and supporting software and being incompatible with something or other.

I have two PCs at home. One is an older system running Win 7 and the other a recent one running Win 10. Both home built. Both ultra reliable, being based on top quality/reviewed individual components. Both tried and tested. I installed this card on the Win 7 machine first. Takes maybe 5-10 minutes, i.e. take out the old card, un-install the related drivers, add the new and install drivers. Easy. Re-boot and all works. No discernible performance changes. Just connects and I'm away. OK, so had I needed to install on a similar machine only I'd give it 5***** tho' you can still buy cheaper devices that'll do the job just as well.

Now onto the Win 10 machine. This is a great computer. 100% solid, fast, reliable. Love it! Go through the same routine as the Win 7 ... and stop dead. Can't get it to work either with the standard Win drivers or any supplied. Check out the web site and no specific Win 10 drivers there. Clearly states the Win operating systems it works with and Win 10 isn't in there. Gave up. Reinstalled my original card easy-peasy and I'm away again.

So, if you've an older OS then this looks fine. If you're Win 10 continue to check the web site for updates before purchasing or you may be disappointed. For me it's all good fun. For someone who just needed it work out of the box then things could get frustrating real quick!
on 6 September 2012
At first i was a bit skeptical as to whether this card would make any difference or not, with the main reason for buying being to increase wireless signal to our 'Virgin Media Hub'.

I was running an Edimax USB wireless adapter before this and was only getting around 1 - 2 bars signal with frequent disconnecting, although the hub is only below and one room over from the back bedroom. (These Virgin hubs have had less than good reviews about signal problems)

Installation of the TP link card was easy and painless, you don't exactly need to be knowledgeable with the inside of a computer system to install one of these as it's just a case of plugging it into a free PCI-E slot on your motherboard, all in all a 20 second job of removing the side panel and one of the blanking plates from the back of the computer case.

Once booted back into windows and after inserting the provided disk, driver installation is an easy 3-4 click process and its installed within a few seconds. Good thing about this particular disk is that it's a 'driver only' installation and doesn't install a bloated "application" to connect to the internet like some other cards I've used in the past.

A couple of seconds later the computer picked up our wireless router and I was away, connected to the internet with a solid 5 bar connection.

Cant recommend this card enough for those with a weak wireless signal or looking to upgrade their wireless card, not that I currently need it but being 450Mbps also means its pretty future proof and shouldn't need changing for a good few years.

(Running Windows 7 - 64 Bit)