5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Linux support
I bought this card specifically to be used with Linux since it's the only operating system I use.
I works flawlessly out of the box with Ubuntu 10.10, no configuration needed whatsoever.
After boot clicking the network manager icon will present you the list of available networks.
It can reach N speeds too depending on the signal strength.
The antenna...
Published on 12 Dec 2010 by ndrchvzz

3.0 out of 5 stars Drivers a let down
Published on 9 April 2011 by C. Hammond

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Linux support, 12 Dec 2010
It can reach N speeds too depending on the signal strength.
The antenna provided can be unscrewed in order to connect a more powerful antenna, which I did, using a TL-ANT2405C.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 30 Aug 2010
At first I wasn't sure about the integrity of this wireless card because it was so cheap. I was searching for a wireless card with Windows 7, 64 bit support
and found this, so far I am very impressed. This Atheros AR9285 chipset is very fast receiving the data over my 54mbps wireless network and compatible with Linux too and it only took 3 days to arrive on the super saver;-))
I am very pleased with this item and would recommend you get it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Drivers a let down, 9 April 2011
C. Hammond "EscapeArtist" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I ordered this card to replace my previous 54mbps card and the improvement has been notable, especially when streaming media around the house. The only problem I received was the drivers out of the box did not work at all well. Initially the card would drop signal, not see any networks etc. I contacted the support team and they directed me to some third party unsigned drivers that resolved this issue. While I was happy to have this problem resolved, if they are aware of the driver problems, why not release a set of official drivers that work?!

2.0 out of 5 stars had to jump through a lot of hoops to make it work, 23 July 2014
Disappointing. I'm reasonably computer-savvy, but I had real trouble with this. Easy enough to physically install the card itself, but the problems started when I used the bundled software utility to install the drivers. The utility seemed to finish its job, and the card was powered (green light on the back), but it wouldn't find any wireless network (despite being three feet from my wireless router), and the TP link management software had all of the useful options "greyed out" (i.e. impossible to select).

I fooled with it for several hours, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers from various sources (if you search for the model name and "problems" you will find several reports of people having similar issues - particularly it seems with Windows 7, 64bit). No success, and I was ready to write it off as a bad choice - either a poor network card, or a good network card with a mysterious software conflict that is beyond my powers to resolve.

The last thing I tried was unplugging the card from my motherboard, and plugging it into a different slot. Suddenly it worked perfectly. The really strange thing is that it doesn't work in any of the PCIe x1 slots (of which I have several vacant), but it does work if I plug it into the PCIe x16 slot (of which I have only one spare - planning to fit a second graphics card at some point in the future). I can find no reason why this should be the case - the PCIe x1 slots should work fine. I am a bit annoyed that this is the only way I have found to resolve it, as it closes off a future upgrade path for my computer. No idea if this fix would work for anyone else - but if you plan to try it, be aware that this fix will only work for you if you have a spare PCIe x16 slot on the motherboard - and many motherboards do not have this feature.

Now it works absolutely perfectly, but I am mystified as to why it only functions in that particular PCI slot. I will probably have another go at messing with it in the near future, when I can find a few hours. I hope this is useful to anyone who is trying to get it to work.

N

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely close to wired speeds over WiFi with this card., 2 Aug 2014
This is a really good card. I just recently got upgraded to Virign Media's 100mbps internet package. The micro wireless USB adapter from Edimax I was using wasn't reaching anywhere near the 100mbps over wireless. I was getting 30-35mbps on a good connection, but it would drop as low as 3-5mbps sometimes, and was just generally unstable. The USB tethering on my phone was fairing a bit better getting me a stable 30-35mbps, buy still nowhere near 100mbps. Even when using my phone or a tablet right next to the hub I was only getting 40-45mbps max. I initially suspected the super hub may be at fault, that maybe it's wireless output signal wasn't up to par, but after reading a lot of positive reviews for this card, and particularly a few reviews I seen from people who have Virgin Media internet connections of 100mbps+ saying they were getting full speeds over WiFi with this card, I decided to buy it to see if it would make a difference, and it did. I'm getting near enough wired speeds with this at about 3 meters away, stable 105-107mbps download on speedtest, and 5-7mbps upload. I'm very happy with the results and would recommend it to anyone who is on a high speed internet package but who find that their hardware is crippling their speeds over WiFi.

4.0 out of 5 stars Windows 7, 10 Oct 2010
I bought this product to run on my windows 7 64bit. It comes with all the instructions on how to install it on XP or vista but not windows 7. How ever the driver is readily avaible to download from the TP link website if required. I didnt even require the driver just worked plug and play for me. I advice u to look inside ur PC before buying to see if you have enough room. It was a tight squeeze for me as my graphics card was kinda in the way. Over all im very happy with him product and it picks up the signal from my wireless router very well 2 floor up in my house. One extra point if you have Kaspersky internet security you MUST disable it when installing or you will not be able to use the adaptor; alot of info and guides are avaiable on the TP link website on the topic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it Buy it Buy it!!!, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adapter (Accessory)
Has increased my internet speed and fixed issues with lag on games, wasnt happy with quality at first but i wasnt doing it right!!! It was my fault due to the way i fitted the mobo to my case... Its all working now and i am very happy with the quality!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 30 Mar 2012
I am very happy with this product. Very easy to install and working perfectly with windows 7.
The antennas were not very strong and I replaced one of them with a better TP LINK antenna that I had home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Increased download speed from 25mbps to 95.62mbps! - Fantastic piece of kit, 24 July 2014
This is a fantastic Network Card. I previously had some cheap card which was limited to 54mbps, since upgrading my internet to 100mbps I found it worthwhile to upgrade my network card to take advantage of it. I purchased this card due to the good reviews, multiple antennae and 5GHz Wireless 'N' 450mbps capability. My PC is situated in my bedroom just above the room with the Virgin Media Super Hub in it, Speedtest.net has given me a download result of 95.61mbps whilst previously I was only getting around 25mbps. This is definitely a powerful piece of kit and will make the most of your internet connection, especially if it's high-speed fibre optic.

2.0 out of 5 stars Harware fine - software causes Windows 7 issue., 2 Mar 2014
Like the above says, the hardware works fine. However the TP link software that came with it causes me a nightmare. It kept causing any active window in windows 7 to become de-selected every 10-30 seconds. Of course, I did not know it was this software, so was being driven mad looking for answers for weeks. Eventually found a forum mentioning this problem, disabled the TP link SW at bootup in msconfg, and problem fixed. You don't need the SW, as windows will run the device anyway.