5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely designed set of chopping boards
I've always been tempted by these boards by Joseph Joseph, and am not disappointed now I've given in and bought this set. Fair price for a well designed set of boards, they do appear on amazon offers from time to time, so if this comes up grab them while they're on offer.

Published on 29 Dec. 2012 by James Lever

3.0 out of 5 stars over priced for what it is
purchased for my wife marks very easy with knife you really need to clean in your dishwasher as the blade cuts hides germs
but looks good
Published 13 months ago by Alan Smith

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely designed set of chopping boards, 29 Dec. 2012
James Lever (Brighton & Hove, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Large Index Advance Chopping Board Set - Dark Grey (Kitchen & Home)

I was looking for a replacement for my deep wooden chopping board as there are times when you realise you might be cross contaminating. And there's also times when I wonder whether I'm able to clean a giant wooden block properly.

This set is a large set vs the regular sized one (in the product pictures - you can notice on the difference between the tabs and the edge of the boards (this being model; 60036) - compared to the standard size - model; 60031).

They stack nicely and dont take up too much room on your worktop, all four boards take up the same space as my original wooden chopping board, about the size of an A4 piece of paper.
They are plastic boards, which can be put into the dishwasher (easier than the previous wooden one). Tabs are nicely visible - raw meats, cooked food, fish, and vegetables.

These boards have anti-slip pads on each board on each corner and on each side (which is the new model from the previous coloured boards) - they grip without any problems. They stack so each board doesn't touch (there's a 2-3 mm gap between each board, and 1mm gap between each of the anti-slip pads. Some people have reviewed that they touch, mine don't.

Ordered from amazon.co.uk and it arrived next day. No problems..

5.0 out of 5 stars Those little rubber corners work wonders., 22 July 2014
Really good product, if expensive for a few bits of plastic.
Advantage of this over the other JJ boards (which we still have) are the tiny rubber corners. Sounds very simple but they raise the boards above the surface by a tiny amount, but enough that you don't end up with liquid trapped underneath. They also slgihtly grip a smooth surface. One of those 'Why didn't they think of that before?' features.
Recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice to have chopping boards all in one neat container, 26 Sept. 2014
Nice to have chopping boards all in one neat container. Great colour which matches my kitchen colour scheme. Boards do score easily but hey ...... they are chopping boards so you wouldn't expect them not to mark afterall. Love them as they don't slip on the kitchen surfaces. Would highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Chop, 10 Jun. 2014
Mucky Knees (Great Yarmouth, England) - See all my reviews
goog easy to use non slip chopping boards, non slip, easy clean and not heavy ,tidys away easily and looks smart on the worktop.

3.0 out of 5 stars over priced for what it is, 10 Mar. 2014
Alan Smith - See all my reviews
but looks good

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but expensive, 17 April 2013
I was lucky enough to grab my set as a Lightening Deal and as a replacement for our old bread board which was doubling as our cutting surface for anything and everything.
This set of four boards stack neatly at the side of my workstation and are in daily use.
I thought they'd be a bit constricting due to the size but I was wrong and have adapted easily to working with them. I can also put two side by side if I'm prepping veg and meat at the same time.
They grip the work surface solidly and provide a steady and level surface to work on.
The boards themselves are easily marked by all of the cutting but that doesn't bother me. They're working boards and not there for show.
Are they worth the full price?
Not in my opinion which is why I've deducted a star.
Otherwise, I'm very impressed and would recommend them without hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great chopping boards, 25 Feb. 2013
I do a lot of cooking and therefore having separate chopping boards for different foods is brilliant. Really good quality, though they do show the scratches from knives quite obviously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good item, 19 Feb. 2013
I received the set in a damaged condition, one of the end bottom lips on the corner was broken in the packing. However I cut of the remaining part of the lip and stood it on end on my work top which suited me, so no complaint was made. The chopping board set is very good quality and would recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Joseph Joseph Chopping Board, 11 Feb. 2013
I ordered this through a friend in Scotland who had it delivered to St. Andrews then she brought it to me in Portugal. It looked perfect although it was expensive. The first time I used it, the knife made deep marks on the chopping surface and after 1 month the boards look old and marked. If I lived in the UK, it would have been sent back by now. It's not worth the money - I should have gone to IKEA and bought cheap coloured boards which I could throw away when no longer presentable.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit smaller than expected but otherwise good!, 10 Feb. 2013
I bought this set because my old wooden chopping board had split and I liked the idea of having different boards for different food types, just from a hygiene point of view.

The boards look smart in my kitchen and the colour coded tabbed tops make it easy to see which one is which. The boards themselves are grey and have coloured non-slip corners on both sides of the board, making them reversible. As others have mentioned they do score, but I personally expect that with a plastic board. The benefit for me is that you can store them away in the holder and none of the marks can be seen.

Although described as `large' I felt these were an average size for a chopping board and can't help wondering just what size the standard ones are if these are considered to be large. They are 38.1 x 8.4 x 28.4 cm according to Amazon - I have not measured myself! I also feel they are expensive for what they are, but I appreciate that with an item like this you are paying for the brand name as much as anything else. Other than that the quality seems good, the boards wash well and the plastic hasn't warped, so I am pleased with the purchase.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›