5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Coat
I bought this coat from the manufacturers website to wear while out with the dogs.
I'm 5'7 and size 12-14. I decided to go with the size 14 to give myself more room for extra layers in winter, and while the coat fits okay and doesn't look too baggy I feel I could have easily gone with the 12 and been happy as it's very spacious.
The coat is the perfect length...
Published 22 months ago by Velvet

2.0 out of 5 stars Be careful - sizing seems to have changed
Published 7 months ago by Jo

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Coat, 31 Oct 2012
The coat is the perfect length for me, coming down just below the tops of my wellies and so keeping me completely dry. It's a nice weight, not light but not too heavy. So far it's seen me through a few downpours and worked perfectly. I love the cape around the shoulders, this is the only coat I've had that has kept me 100% dry in a real downpour, usually coats end up leaking around the shoulder seams so the cape is great added protection.

The coat itself looks very nice, I got the Aubergine colour which is a lovely dark purple.
The lining and material help keep it nice and warm, with the coat done up I've found I don't really need many layers on as it's very insulating. The hood is nice, the fact it's lined make it warm and the toggles keep it up even in strong winds. As the hood is quite wide it doesn't restrict my vision as much as other hoods I've had in the past which is lovely!

The only bad thing about the coat for me are the canter straps. I assume by the name they're more for horse riding. I did try them for walking however find them uncomfortable. When I'm not wearing them and just waking the straps get caught up on my welly buckles which is awkward so I ended up just cutting off the straps. However that's a very minor thing and overall I'm extrememly happy with this coat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best coat ive ever owned, 14 May 2012
I bought this coat after getting sick of being wet every time i take my son to school and back. I never spend this much on coats but its well worth the money. The quality of the coat is excellent, its a little heavy but it keeps me dry so i dont care at all. Its warm too i go out most mornings with a t shirt underneath and no jumper. Im really happy with my purchase i just wish id bought one years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exchanged for one size smaller in blue, 1 Dec 2013
Having exchanged this coat for a size smaller in blue, i absolutely love this coat. It's totally waterproof and wonderfully warm. The seller, I actually called directly because the size wasn't available through amazon on prime, but when speaking to the seller, they dispatched the new coat out to me, and was with me the next day. I can't rate either the seller or the coat highly enough. The pockets are so deep that they hold my phone, large bunch of keys, and odds and ends that I end up putting in them, without adding bulk to the line of the coat. And is long enough to keep my legs warm from the icy wind. But the whole thing, being a town person, doesn't make me look like I should either be in the outback on horse back, or knee deep in mud in the country somewhere. Should have bought it years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great coat, 20 Oct 2013
I love it, I love the colour, the length, the extra layering on the shoulders with the cape collar and the lining . . It seems perfect for me as a non driver and travelling in my job, I needed a smart, practical , keep me warm and protected against the harsh elements ((I feel we will have this year) coat. This seems to be it !!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Axe Murderer Chic, 27 Jun 2012
I was prompted into buying the Outback coast after a review suggested it gave one the appearance of an axe murderer, I needed a new look so I bought it. Disappointed? Not one bit, it is wonderful, keeps me drier than the dogs which is just as well as it staves off murderous intent.
Another positive is how quickly the coat was delivered. I love this so much, I'm tempted to buy a shorter version to wear on drizzley days when I'm not quite so grumpy.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic value for money, 11 Aug 2012
Mr. Thomas W. Pryde (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I have purchased other jackets the same style for a lot more money and the quality of this garment is lots more value for money and stronger in material. Recommend folk to purchase this as it is made of exceptional quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Dog walking., 2 Nov 2013
This is the second one of these I have bought for my daughter who absolutely loves it for taking her three dogs out for a walk. I got the longer one this time and then the dogs dont wet her jeans when they brush (push) past. Brilliant coat. Would recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Sequel "I will always know what you did last summer!", 21 July 2012
In reference to the review "Not for me" and "Axe murderer chic!"

I too was looking for a new look for my debut in the sequel to "I still know what you did last summer" titled "I will always know what you did last summer!"

I wanted to be a more "hip" psychopath, to be more "in tune with the youngsters" So I thought, I'd give this one a try! I wasn't disappointed. The colour beautiful and a vast improvement on the dull colour worn in the prequel's! I admit it is a little "boxy" on the fit, no waistline ladies. However, the sleeves are good, they have velcro to adjust the size so it fits nicely around my hook arm.

one drawback... The darn kids can see me coming! Muahahahahahahahahaha!!

Update 3 months on; Caught in many many monsoons as I wait it out in all stormy weathers to slay the kids and this coat has kept me completely bone dry! I was out in the heaviest rainfall I have seen in a year for an hour today and I was nice and dry the entirer time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Be careful - sizing seems to have changed, 2 Jan 2014
I have had a few of these coats and have found them ideal for winter dog walking. Needing a replacement, i ordered the same size as the one I am currently wearing - which is very loose/comfortable - to find that it is far too small. Have had to send it back and since the reason I have had to give - too small- is regarded as not their fault - I have had to pay for return. Disappointing - better to buy from a shop instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy dog walker, 12 Jan 2014
Mrs. C. M. Allan "grandma" (london) - See all my reviews
Wasn't sure when I first saw the coat, thought it was a little long, then went out in that awful weather, the coat was perfect, My legs upwards to the top of my head - dry - usually have to change into dry clothes after our walks in the rain, not with this coat. (Also, apparently I can wear it to ride a horse, so that will be interesting as I've never ridden before) Would I recommend it - a big fat YES