on 29 August 2014
We originally bought one of these to try out (as needed 5 in total). They arrived in a decent box packaged well. The screen has a shiny side and also a matt side, so you can decide what you prefer. It also came with a screen wipe and about 3 different tabs/stickers so you can choose how to fit the privacy screen to your computer. I decided to go with the matt side, and using the small tabs to fit it. I placed 6 small tabs around it, and placed the tabs into the side of the screen. They fitted perfect for my Flatron E2210 which is a 22 inch. They are easy to remove, and as I used the tabs, they don't get damaged so can be moved from screen to screen without leaving anything behind. The privacy its self is good. If you stand at a slight angle you can see one side of the screen getting darker. If you keep moving, it will get darker and darker until its completely black. This was perfect for what we needed it for. You can see through the screen perfect. It does make your computer slightly darker, but you can just turn up your brightness on the computer. If your stood directly behind the screen but few metres back, you can still see the screen fine, but if its paperwork your doing, you wont be able to read the print anyway. I wouldn't advise it for people who wanted to stop preying eyes from behind, but for the side view, its perfect. We ordered 5 in total.
on 16 December 2009
This item does exactly as described. While it may seem expensive for what it is, I feel it is worth the money. The screen is high quality and durable, easy to 'install' and has the option of being removed, if required. As well as that, the glare-reducing properties has certainly saved me in the 'eye-strain department', which was my main reason for purchasing it in the first place! I had put a lot of research into this, in an attempt to find the right item for me. I am more than happy that I have achieved just that. You can find this product right here: Targus Privacy Screen 15.4" Widescreen - Notebook privacy filter - black, transparent
on 16 December 2009
This item does exactly as described. While it may seem expensive for what it is, I feel it is worth the money. The screen is high quality and durable, easy to 'install' and has the option of being removed, if required. As well as that, the glare-reducing properties has certainly saved me in the 'eye-strain department', which was my main reason for purchasing it in the first place! I had put a lot of research into this, in an attempt to find the right item for me. I am more than happy that I have achieved just that. You can find this product right here: Targus Privacy Screen 19.0" - Notebook privacy filter - black, transparent
on 21 February 2011
This privacy filter is really efficient. It has very good coverage from outside the stated range and I feel comfortable using it on the train. The only issue is putting the holders on your laptop screen, but this is reasonably simple and only has to be done the first time you use the filter. Would recommend.
on 28 September 2012
Fitting in the screen is dodgy because the full dimension of the screen are not provided.
Shading is effective only at a very skewed angle that probably you would not be able to see anyhow...
on 4 June 2013
it's slightly taller than my screen so a little trimming is needed, but I was already aware of that by reading previous reviews.
I would purchase this item again and from this seller
on 14 December 2014
The product came with an air bubble in the middle of it, which was inside of the two layers of the product.
I am sure that this defective product was an isolate case. The problem is that the air bubble was created by the manufacture process and was not visible when the product was assembled. The air bubble had a size of 3x2 cm and was not transparent. This problem could be avoided in the future with the help of a QA department.
Besides of this problem, the overall product reduces somehow the clarity of the screen. But this can be the additional cost of the privacy that the product provides.
on 18 September 2012
Decent screen privacy. Only problem I had was it needed to be trimmed to fit and wasnt easy to do
on 27 June 2015
I was happy for my screen :-) Sorry for the very late feed back :-)
on 24 January 2011
Does the job. Protects my laptop screen from wandering eyes around.
Seems ever so expensive for what it is - a polarized plastic sheet? But this was the cheapest in the size I needed so the market says it's not expensive!