5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! and a bit more wow!
Published on 17 Dec 2011 by Lee the flea

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
This cd is ok but was disappointed that apart from the chart hits most of the other songs were rather plain.
Published 15 months ago by C. Kilford

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! and a bit more wow!, 17 Dec 2011
This review is from: Renditions (MP3 Download)
If there were more stars available I would give them. Like some other reviewers I bought it because of the John Lewis advert. However, I have now discovered every other track is brilliant too. There are some brave cover tracks on there but she has pulled them all off incredibly well. I have been playing the album on a loop and nothing else on my iPod is getting a look in at the moment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow Moving Millie - the antidote to a fast moving life, 25 Jan 2012
This review is from: Renditions (MP3 Download)
It shouldn't work! But it does, does, does!
John Lewis gave Millie massive exposure on their Christmas advert and if it hadn't been for that I probably wouldn't have given this album a second look. As a result of it being featured on Amazon's Album of the Week email I surfed to the album's internet page and set it to play all of the samples. What I was presented with was a series of slow moving interpretations of 80s classics. The simplicity of the sound is what makes it for me, a solitary piano and Millie's haunting voice providing the structure for most of the songs. Thankfully, it has not been over-produced with full orchestral backing as I think that would have completely missed the point.
Try it! Go and play the samples and, if you like the originals, I bet these renditions will bring a smile to your face.

4.0 out of 5 stars Chilled Covers!, 13 Dec 2011
This review is from: Renditions (MP3 Download)
Having discovered 'Slow Moving Millie' from the John Lewis Christmas ad. I was going to purchase the song... until I noticed that Amazon had the album - what a lovely selection of chilled out covers. :) Some interesting choices too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxed, fragile and beautiful, 4 Feb 2012
This review is from: Renditions (Audio CD)
I got this on the strength of the advert - I'm guessing that is how most of us will have heard of her. It is one of those rare albums where if it is playing in the background, every now and then you will stop what you are doing and think - wow, whats this? I played it during a meal with friends and several times we broke our conversation to identify the songs.

It will particulary appeal to those who know the original tracks - the covers are very different to most of them: often pared right back, with just voice and piano, sometimes with a cello. It's probably the album that Birdy should have done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautful, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Renditions (Audio CD)
Love this album, play it every day. She had a beautiful voice and all the songs she had chosen are brilliantly covered. Excellent value for money and in very good condition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Voice Ran Out Of Material Though, 26 Dec 2011
This review is from: Renditions (Audio CD)
Christmas present from the wife, what an excellent voice which starts of with 5 excellent tracks, but then seems to struggle to find remaining tracks of similar quality. With the right material she will be great.
Unfortunatly this is not quite it. Great idea with some fine choices but once these were used up the rest are fillers. Luckily only 2 or three not up to the mark. As for the production as previously commented if your playeing on a quality system it is dissapointing with overblown piano on some tracks and hit miss quality on others.
This voice deserved the finest re-production, unfortunatly didn't get it. Great for back ground music or casual listen. Serious listners will be dissapointed though

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Feb 2014
LuckyLoz (coventry, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Renditions (Audio CD)
Love all the songs. Feels like heaven might be my fave but then i change my mind maybe Beast anyway it's now on my ipod and cd is in the car.Hope she does release more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous re-interpretations, 31 Jan 2012
This review is from: Renditions (Audio CD)
After absolutely adoring Slow Moving Millie's song Beasts and her cover for the John Lewis ad, I was really happy to find that I loved the entire album. Covers aren't always going to be to everyone's tastes, but for me these were really refreshing, interesting takes to listen to, that stripped them back to basics and explored some of the beautiful lyrics and meaning in the songs through simplicity rather than by amping them up. The outcome is a really beautiful, sometimes haunting album that's great to listen to in a whole range of moods, and there seems to be something new that catches your attention every time you listen to it. The two tracks that are Slow Moving Millie originals are also fantastic, I'd happily recommend this album to anyone (unless, of course, you're not inclined to enjoy covers).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD!, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Renditions (Audio CD)
I particularly love the song "Beasts"!! The rest of the album is great and I've recommended it to friends. So imaginative!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 12 April 2013