5.0 out of 5 stars Get some long tyre levers...
Great tyre really quick on tarmac and ok with the occasional foray onto canal tow paths etc. one word of warning make sure you have some good tyre levers as these are seriously tight to get onto the rim, not a fault at all just be aware!
Published 24 months ago by Ben-min

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick, but too many punctures
Published 20 months ago by ChrisH

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick, but too many punctures, 3 Jan 2013
ChrisH (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
I fitted these tyres to a 26-inch hub-geared hybrid (Carrera Subway 8), and the same tyres also came from new on a Revolution Country Traveller. I commute on either bike, and all four tyres suffered at least one puncture. Maybe OK for leisure riding, but not for commuting; I found Schwalbe City Jets to be cheaper, more puncture-resistant and plenty quick enough for me. I also found these tyres didn't last long and puncture resistance drops off sharply with wear.

These days I use Schwalbe Marathon Plus on both bikes which suit my needs much better (though the Carrera now has a Schwalbe Big Apple on the front for comfort).

Can you tell I'm a Schwalbe fan?

For information, I always keep tyres fully inflated and check for embedded glass at least weekly. I've had one puncture in a Marathon Plus and that's with far more miles than I ever managed with the Continentals. Puncture resistance is better than basic cheap tyres but not good enough to boast about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get some long tyre levers..., 16 Sep 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tyre, 16 Nov 2009
Good tyre, havent had a puncture yet. Even in the rain its not that slippery. It comes with Free Inner tubes that are presta valve and a 1 year "safety system" guarantee againgst punctures maximum inflation 85psi.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, Brilliant: Happy with the performance., 6 Dec 2013
Selected this item on the basis of I do a lot of miles on roads, rest assured that the performance of this tyre is first class in the wet or in the dry. Very grippy rubber. I believe that these tyres are better than the standard ones which will come on a bike Approx under 500.

Value for money please try:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars mountain bike must have, 20 Nov 2013
Totally transformed my mountain bike, if you intend on using your mountain bike for commuting or road riding these tyres are immense. They are very fast and so far the puncture protection seems very good no punctures yet and have covered around 400 miles. Great purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tyres! Good longevity, great price!, 6 Nov 2013
Really impressed with these tyres, well made, makes my journey to work on my mountain bike much easier with less effort than my knobbly tyres. In the rain there a lot less grippy, but that's just to be expected. I got them at a great price and cannot complain at the great service from amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tyres, 25 Feb 2013
Very good tyres , never had a puncture with them , very happy with them , no problems would recommend to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars over 1000 miles down, 16 Dec 2012
These are quite honestly the best tires I have ever had, no more unstable cornering on knobblies. Off road isn't really a good idea, and a corner in a gravel path hurt quite a bit :-) but give that the tread is basically drawn on in crayon what would you expect?

On the road, even in heavy rain they are perfect, I have had no punctures, no troubles at all.

If your looking to ride hard in traffic then these are amazing. I've never even come close to the limit of these tires.

Love them, one day I will probably have to buy a new pair :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Go faster fun with stabily included., 15 Aug 2012
Super Amazon service yet again.

I love these tyres and I only fitted them today and had two trips. First at 70 psi and wasn't overly impressed so went for 80 psi and I tackled a hill that normally knackers me when walking up it and I flew up it with ease with these tyres on my old very heavy MTB. I had never even considered riding up this particular hill before with my old street type tyres.

So what can I say? These tyres are not especially cheap for all the rubber you get but I'm certainly looking forward to wearing them out although I hope they work ok at the 80psi were they really seem good on my bike. The manufacturer states a recommended 65psi but the max is 85. I think they will be ok.

They soak up bumps no problem and seem very stable and to have good wet grip also. I don't ride off road but I'm sure these would deal ok with bumpy canal paths that I occasionally use.

Can't wait to ride more. My old tyres were great for bumping around town but absolute agony for hills or longer distance. Its easily noticable that the Sport Contact enable much easier acceleration and less strenuous riding but best at high psi.

How will they wear? I don't know but I don't really think I care as long as they give me fun and more riding capability which from my initial rides I'm sure will be the case.

Its sort of like some kind of shackles have been removed so I'm really well happy. My old bike just got a new lease of life. weheeehhhh!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good tyres, 14 April 2012
Looked A good tyre compared to all the rest on line as they were advertised as been supplied with puncture free inner tubes but on delivery none were supplied so had to go and buy some. Bit inconvenient as they are not cheap

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›