5.0 out of 5 stars Beats using a mop
Before I go on to review this steamer lets make sure people understand a couple of things.

Wet - It leaves things wet, I does not suck up access water and as steam is water things naturally will be wet. This means cleaning mirrors or glass will require you to dry them afterwards.

Smears - Read the manual, it clearly states if you have used detergents...
Published 16 months ago by Gardening Man, Northern France

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but it wont make everything miraculously shine!
nothing extraordinary. steam cleans a tiled floor but dont expect miracles. The machine itself is well built and is probably a tougher machine than many cheaper options in the market. It's OK.
Published 2 months ago by E. Lucas

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats using a mop, 10 May 2013
This review is from: Kärcher SC2.500C Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner With Continuous Steam Function (Kitchen & Home)

Smears - Read the manual, it clearly states if you have used detergents on the floor previously there will be a residue which in turn makes smears and this cleaner will start to remove it. It may take two or three cleans before the smears go but they will go eventually. Whatever you do don't give up and go back to a mob and detergent because you will have to start all over again with the steamer, just stick with it.

Now that's out of the way I bought mine from Germany as others have suggested, cheaper than the UK by a lot and a little cheaper than France. The delivery was very quick. I really wish somebody would officially tell us why the prices are so different?

Reading reviews both on the UK, French and German Amazon sites the two things that came over the most as not being so good are the cloths for the floor cleaner and the length of cable. The length of cable is easy to sort out in the UK. If you buy it from Germany it will have a European plug and rather than change it take the machine to a dealer who also fixes them and ask him to change the lead with a longer one and with one that has a UK plug on the end. Shouldn't cost you much and certainly won't eat much in to the savings you made buying from Germany.

The second thing is these cloths, people have said to get Terry Towels and attach them but I have found that the best thing is "Sports Towels" of the micro fibre type. Have a look on Amazon for these, they are not expensive. You need to be able to cut them in to 35cm wide strips to fit the floor cleaning head. They work really well and you can just throw them in with the normal laundry. Having said that about the towels the one that came with the steamer easily does 130m2 without needing to be replaced during cleaning and I have two dogs with big, often muddy, feet.

Using the Steamer - Most people will use this for cleaning floors and it is important to remember that this is not a vacuum cleaner therefore you need to properly vacuum the floors before you use it. This is where you find out what a pain the short cable is. The first thing to decide is which power setting to use and I recommend for normal use the middle of the three unless you hit upon a stubborn stain. This will also decrease the drying time. Unlike using a vacuum cleaner you actually work backwards because to work the same way as a vacuum cleaner will mean you step on the wet floor. Personally I find it easier to hold the cleaner and kick the cable back as I go. Move the cleaner over the floor just like when you vacuum normally but slower but not the speed of a snail. Trial and error is the key and after a short period you will have mastered it.

One comment on the German Amazon site and I am surprised nobody else has mentioned it is the angle of the floor attachment to the body. To keep the attachment level on the floor does require an average sized person to hold the handle right down so it is level with your hip. If your six Foot or more tall you may have a problem and you do really have to keep it level to the floor to get it to clean properly.

Would I recommend this steamer to a friend, absolutely. If you follow my and others advice here you will be very pleased like me.

Sorry this is so long, I hope it helps others who were rather sceptical about buying a floor cleaner.

4.0 out of 5 stars My wife loves it, 10 Sep 2013
Peter of Enfield (Enfield. Nth London UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my wife and she loves it.
As previous reviews have said it is steam cleaning which is wet, so dont expect everything to be dry, it does a great job of lifting the dirt which can then be wiped away. We have used it on all sorts including the mat of a treadmill (which was very well used) and it came up like new.
The main reason we wanted a steam clearner though is not for its great cleaning and chemical free, but to clean out our chicken coop. If you know anything about chooks you'll know they'll suffer from Red Mite which are a real pain in the 'you know where' almost impossible to get rid of, and after trying everything over the years we decided steam would be the only thing that could get into every knook and cranny and kill them off (the red mite not the hens)
One good steaming once a week job done

Cleaning everything else is a bonus, one thing to mention is we bought ours from the Karcher Outlet, refurbished by Karcher, comes with all the accessories, 6 months warrenty (you can pay for 12 if you wish), nexr day delivery, total cost £134 incl delvery and the 12 months.
Only thing is you have to be quick when they have them in as they are limited and sell out very quickly

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product but crazy UK price, buy from Amazon DE!!! £145 incl P&P, 1 April 2013
Bought this Product on Amazon DE (germany) and payed only £145 including shipping to the UK (my husband changed the 2 pin to UK plague but you could also use an adapter - voltage is the same as UK!!). This Product is very easy to use and built really well. I have looked at a lot of other steam cleaners most look cheap but were pricey, a lot had bad reviews or didn't last too long, a couple of my friends had complained that theirs had to be returned for repair and they wished they searched longer - me, I am very happy with mine and it has been working great from the day I got it (ca 6 month now) and I have just an hour ago ordered another one from germany for my mother in law (very hard to please sometimes) as she tried mine and loved how easy it was to use. By the way delivery from germany only took 4 days - so that was great too, took no longer that any uk shipped orders.

Look no further - Buy one for yourself, it's well worth it (especially if you can also save £60 for a great machine!!!)

4.0 out of 5 stars My new cleaning buddy, 27 Mar 2013
This steamer is really great and I will use it regularly. It is light enough to use in the same way you would use a cylinder vacuum cleaner. It has a short lead so if you have large rooms an extension lead would be advised.

It cleans hard floors swiftly and easily with no mess, quick dry time and no getting rid of dirty water so can be done after every hoover in only a few minutes.
I loved the results in my hallway, my tiles are now sparkling as is my white upvc in the porch and conservatory. It removes lighter black scrape marks immediately but time will tell with deeper more stubborn marks. I have cleaned all my work surfaces in my kitchen and bathroom. All gloss doors have come up great, it gets into small crevices using the brush attachment though I think more will need to be ordered as I will use it a lot. it brings up my fridgefreezer, washing machine and dishwasher to a smear free shine. It cleans windows but you need to squeedgee or microcloth dry. I now want the Karcher window cleaner for this job as it dries glass too. I have used extra towels cut up and elastic bands as other reviewers have already mentioned. Easy to do but think a bit mean only supplying one lot considering how much they cost.
It won't initially bring off ingrained baked on grease but I noticed that after using more than a couple of times it does gradually disappear. I think it is a case of keeping on top of everything and it certainly does a fantastic job of cleaning fresher grease so any new pots and pans, grills etc will remain sparkling and fresh if the Karcher is used regularly.
Do be careful near paint and sealant as it will come away as I found out around my bath ans some skirting boards.
I love the fact that I can continually feed cold water into this cleaner and it produces hot water immediately. Having two tanks enables this and it also makes a warning sound when the caddy is empty, it gets rather impatient in fact so you can't fail to miss it ha ha! Oh and be careful doing your stairs as water can drip our of the top if on an angle. I now go half way up the stairs then take to the landing and go half way down like the grand old Duke to avoid this from occurring.
Anyway all in all I would say go buy but be aware that you may need patience for some of your more stubborn stains. I love it and it will now be a part of my cleaning routine. We've just purchased the outdoor wet and dry DIY vac as we have been impressed with firstly the power washer and now the steamer.Cuts overall cleaning down by half, something you have just got to love.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great typical Karcher product, 24 Oct 2013
Does an excellent job. I have had other steam cleaners in the past and this is definitely one of the better ones. It takes a while to heat up but stays hot for the whole time I use it, which is around 20-30 minutes. The tank copes admirably. It's a little hard plastic-ish, so don't expect slick and swish but it is very robust. It parks up in to quite a small space. It copes with all types of surfaces well without having to change any settings etc. One really annoying thing is that it only comes with one cloth which attaches by clips. But if you have a large area, you may need more than one, so you have to order more cloths, so you can clean every day or cover larger areas. These cost, so be aware. They are easy to just throw in to the washer though. The smaller heads are excellent but I haven't used them for anything other than simple tasks, but nice to have in your armoury. Overall good value for money and I would recommend it as I get the feeling that this will last you for years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Steam Cleaner, 24 Oct 2012
Another great product from Karcher, though I think that for most people the
single tank version would do the job.
This version of twin tanks thus never having to stop work is far too expensive
as its only advantage is 'running time'. Over double the cost of the
single tank version really isnt good value at all!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a little gem!, 5 Feb 2014
I have been wanting a steam cleaner for ages and am so delighted I chose this model, it does everything I want it to do and more. I so like the fact that it cleans with just water and I have cut down on my use of chemicals. My kitchen floor has never been so clean with such little effort and when I found how easy and quick it was to do the surfaces and tiles, the whole kitchen and shower room shines. On the negative side the one piece of towelling provided to go over the floor cleaning attachment is not enough and not easy to attach and I have had to cut up odd bits of towels but on the whole it is a wonderful little machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 1 Feb 2014
I'm very pleased with this product. It's a powerful steamer and has a good selection of fitments for the various jobs around the house. The only complaint is lack of decent storage for the power cable (it doesn't fit comfortably in the space provided). It's still worth 5 stars though! One word of caution, don't use outside on a cold day as you'll be engulfed by steam and won't see what your doing.... :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Unscrupulous, 29 Oct 2012
Best steam cleaner pound for pound if like me u have a massive tiled area as we do here in france.

You can hear the quality German craftsmanship oozing out of this like a BMW door closing: [check youtube]

The 6 minute warm up is much higher than typical, but then the unit does have two large tanks in it. Its designed for use on larger areas.

The dampness left is not excessive and the floor is ready to walk on in minutes. Cleaning quality is excellent. NO expensive detergents needed, steam is 99.9% anti-bacterial! U can use any old micro fibre cloths and these are machine-washable, so overall running costs are low.

However i have to highlight the charlatans in amazon's profiteering department. Not only do they not pay tax on mutil billion uk sales but this unit is nearly half the price on amazon france - obviously they enjoy making mugs out of us brits.. Time for me to start spending my pennies with more scrupulous companies

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 27 Nov 2013
DANIEL (KINGS LYNN, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Yep love this. Don't get me wrong you still have to actually do the housework, but as far as steam cleaners go this makes pretty light work of it. Ive owned 3 different steam cleaners over the last few years and not found one i was happy with until now. Well worth the price tag when comparing to the price of the only other one of the 3 Ive owned thats still semi working, if it ever really started in the first place that is. A great product that produced so much steam in my bathroom I couldn't actually see what i was doing at one stage. Really was shocked how good this was.