on 10 April 2013
I used to be a huge Muscle Milk, then Monster Milk fan. I think they have kind of ruined the taste of Monster Milk, and it had been a couple of years, so I was looking for "latest and greatest" in 2013. I read a couple reviews, and this one got really good ratings. I would give it a solid thumbs up.

Taste
I bought the Vanilla and Banana cream (I'm still waiting for Cookies and Cream). I think the vanilla tastes a little better, but I would say the banana is "inoffensive". It has a very mild taste (not like Muscle Milk, which has a strong fake taste - like banana candy. It was the one flavour I could tolerate for multiple cans though - think that through. If you buy something like strawberry or chocolate, that's what flavour you have - if you get vanilla, you can add to it, and make it any flavour you want), and a smell that could be off-putting. It kind of reminds me of paint, but it tastes faintly of natural banana versus that weird, fake banana taffy/candy taste in most banana-flavored stuff. It's easy to drink, and my wife agrees (for the ladies out there wondering about this product).

Mixing
It does indeed mix very easily - if you want to take a dry scoop to work in your protein shaker and just hit the water fountain, this product is a good fit. No chunks (I can't say the same for Muscle/Monster Milk). I have tried it with milk once too (I usually just add water), and it makes it too sweet, rich, and thick to drink. If you struggle with sweets like I do, and are fighting a late-night ice-cream urge, this might well scratch the itch in a pinch, while giving you a nice muscle boost, instead of a gut bomb about which you immediately feel guilty.

Digestion
So, I was a little worried about this as one review complained vehemently about "stomach problems". It's probiotic, i.e. "healthy flora for your guts".. My mother is a huge fan of probiotics, so I have had the capsules (they are good for digestion), but if you take too much - YIKES! I suspect this is the problem for some people, but I'm almost sure most people can build up a resistance to it. My mom takes those tablets by the fistful. She can take 4 of them at once, but then she's 65 in June, so perhaps her body requires more encouragement to function normally - maybe in 20 years I'll be gobbling these things like tic tacs too. I can take two and "suffer the fury". I CAN say I have never had any problems like that taking this product, and I often make a "2-scooper" shake (nobody should ever need more than that in one shake... unless you are just hell-bent on pissing away your money).

In short - it has all the stuff a growing boy (or girl) needs: a decent taste, it's fairly convenient to mix, and seems to have a good mix of high-quality proteins and aminos.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 23 January 2015
Great product in every way ! Tastes fab. And does what it says on the tin .
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again