Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.49

on 1 May 2010
A mum of a child in my class bought me this as we finished our Ofsted, and now I'm recommending it to my friends. Next time Ofsted come to call I'm going to have my copy in my top drawer.
A couple of times I found myself recognising things either I, or other teachers I know have said or done during inspections (oh dear, oh dear). Off-beat in places, but this is good-humoured and made me laugh.
Not sure that it would appeal to non-teachers or people who don't have to deal with Ofsted, but who knows.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 January 2014
This is a really fun book to read - especially if you are involved in education and have some experience of inspections. The characters are, I think, delilberate cliches - the handsome policeman, the evil thesis supervisor, the over vigilant landlady, the computer geeks, and the incompetent crooks, amongst others. Its all great fun - a fantasy comedy thriller in which Ofsted inspectors are lampooned thoroughly, and everyone gets their just desserts.

It is all very tongue in cheek, and very entertaining.
on 15 October 2010
A fantastic debut novel - it was so funny in places that I had to stop reading it at breakfast time - snorting a chuckle into ones muesli is not attractive in a woman of my age...cant wait for the next one!
on 15 July 2010
An Ofsted inspector comes to a small primary with a definite agenda, and wants to rubbish one particular teacher there. Unfortunately for him, this person is not your average primary school teacher, and comes up with several interesting ways of foiling him. The sparring between teacher and inspector is very entertaining and amusing, and the backdrop of other characters is fun, but there are also thriller overtones amongst the funnies. Schools are spooky places once everyone has gone home, and I really enjoyed the scenes of creeping around the school at night, avoiding (just) the Ofsted murderer.
on 20 August 2013
I enjoyed this book. A quick enough plot to keep things moving and there was a laugh on most pages though it doesn't come over as flippant. The characters are fun, particularly the Inspector, and it all ties up nicely in the end. Also, delivery was quick.
on 13 December 2013
Just love OFSTED (NOT) and think that this might have a few ideas on how to cope with inspections Ha ha!!
on 30 June 2010
Very silly but very satisfying. Made me laugh and kept me guessing. Would recommend this.
on 21 August 2014
A must-have read for anyone in the teaching profession, especially those who have been victims of Ofsted inspections and turned into an Academy.
on 5 May 2016
Mildly amusing, especially at first - some acutely observed aspects of teaching. But basic premise was too far-fetched, and characters too exaggerated; the touches of humour were not sufficient to sustain reader interest.
on 24 May 2016
Awful sorry. Started ok but really poorly written. All the linguistic elements experienced writers say not to overuse. The blurb made it sound really good and sadly I only read the good reviews. So bad I couldn't even finish it and as with another reviewer too embarrassed to give it to charity shop.