Format: Audio CD|Change

on 31 January 2012
A bold statement, above but seriously this is one of the best records I have heard in a long long time, great guitar playing from RM Hubbert and sterling production from Alex Kapranos of Franz Ferdinand.

There is also a fantastic duet with Aidan Moffat and a haunting song with Emma Pollock of The Delgado's.

Buy this and you will not be disappointed.
ENJOY THE MASTERPIECE
on 7 February 2013
I'm an old boy (72 years), but I like such music. The sound is gorgeous. Emma Pollock sings great. Buy and be happy!
on 14 October 2014
Bought this after hearing something from it on the radio, but just not for me.
on 30 January 2012
I picked up on this album from my Twitter timeline. I was following The Errors when I saw tweets about this. Hey, for a few quid, why not take a gamble? Most external reviews were glorious so I dived in.

What a non-disappointment it is. Beautiful, mesmeric, haunting, captivating and wonderfully structured.

Buy it for yourself and your loved ones. A heady gift to give and receive is this.

All the tracks are stand-out, but For Joe is wonderful, as is The False Bride.

I can't recommend this enough.

Listen to it and be very happy, indeed.