on 2 August 2011
Ordered 4GB DIMM for use in HP Proliant Microserver.
Arrived quickly and worked as expected along side existing memory.
Very good price.
on 9 February 2015
Worked great in my HP Microserver N54L alongside other RAM chips to give 12 GB with my ESXi implementation
Worked great in my HP Microserver N54L alongside an identical chip to give 16 GB with my ESXi implementation
Both worked fine and consistently show as 16 GB or 12 GB on every reboot.
on 8 October 2013
I wasn't sure if my HP MicroServer will be able to recognized this DIMM as HP Microserver N54L only supports up to 4GB DIMM's but it worked ! Now I have 10GB of memory on my system (8+ the 2 that come with the server). Might even get another one to get up to 16GB of RAM.
on 9 March 2012
As with another member 'Dazza' I too am using these memory modules in a HP microserver (well, i ordered 4, to put 8GB in 2 HP MicroServers) and they work flawlessly.

They are smaller in height than most memory modules, which makes them even more perfect for the microserver, since it is already limited in the space it has.

Both servers have been running now for a good few months and there have been no issues.

1 server runs Windows 2008 HyperV and the other ESXi 5 (free edition). I do home study and these little machines are perfect for it, the ram just makes them superb for my needs.

At just over £10 each these are a steal, although it would be nice if the seller would combine shipping rates - and send them together if multiples are ordered, i ended up with 2 seperate deliveries for some reason.

I have recommended these to friends in work and i am sure they will have similar things to say.

If you are looking for additional memory, especially for the HP Microservers, these are perfect.
on 20 July 2011
Received this Ram about 10 days ago. It came in a simple box with the warranty for the ram. Plugged it into the motherboard and turned on the computer and running away nice and smoothly. 4gb for £20 very cheap I will be purchasing another. Buy this product!
on 27 June 2012
I recently bought an HP ProLiant Microserver N40L for use as a home server using Windows Home Server 2011 operating system.

The Microserver is preinstalled with 2GB of RAM, which is ok but does lead to a lot of disk thrashing when memory intensive operations cause swapping from memory to the page file.

I bought this 4GB module to boost the total RAM up to 6GB, which should give plenty of memory headroom and improve overall performance.

Installation was simple - unplug a few leads, slide the motherboard out of the server, clip in the Memory module, slide the motherboard back in, reattach the leads - power on. It worked instantly - no need to fiddle in BIOS.

Something of note about this ram - it has an extremely low profile which makes it useful if space is at a premium inside your machine.
on 26 June 2012
I bought one stick of this to upgrade my HP microserver (N36L). Have plugged this in along with the original 1gb stick which is ECC and there are no issues at all. Running perfectly stable without issue. Will be adding a second stick later this year and this will be my first choice.
on 19 December 2011
I bought a single 4GB stick to upgrade an HP Microserver N36L and the ram works absolutely fine, I replaced the existing 1GB stick as it isn't compatible running with the new memory at the same time (ECC and non-ECC). The module is very small so no problems fitting into the Microserver chassis, I would advise against buying ram with heatsinks as it may not fit into the limited space within the Microserver.
on 21 February 2015
i ordered 2 but one was diffrent from the other,despite ordering same product,luckily i have a computer engineer in the family who took it off my hands,and repaired my pc as obviously my pc wasnt happy with it
on 17 November 2013
one of the best memory stick in the market, excellent performance without any issue, long lasting memory from top make, ideal for both standard and gaming system, value for money. I'm very happy with this memory. I strongly recommend all desktop computer users to buy and use this memory for long lasting and trouble free performance.