on 9 January 2013
I dislike most popular brands of chocolate available in the UK as they are too sweet or too - er, well, there's a texture there (when chewing/dissolving the chocolate in the mouth) that I think must be the vegetable fat that's added...? (Whatever it is, I don't like it!!)
I agree with the previous reviews that say that Montezuma's Organic Smooth Milk Chocolate is not too sweet, and I also prefer these Giant Buttons to the bar version as I love the chunky texture when biting into them (I'm guessing the bar is too thin to afford the same kind of chomp...?)
(As you have probably guessed, I'm not a chocolate or a food expert* so I apologise if I've used the wrong terminology but I've tried my best!)
(*except at stuffing my face!)
These are made in the UK (yay! Buy British in these hard economic times!!), are certified organic by the Soil Association (has the logo, anyway!) and ingredients list is: organic sugar, organic cocoa solids (min. 34%), organic whole milk powder (min. 22.5%), organic ground vanilla and organic soya lecithin
I agree they are a bit pricier than 'regular' chocolate but they are worth the money and I would rather enjoy less of these than have more of a cheaper, lower quality product - these are only humble buttons but every single one feels like a treat and not just a piece of chocolate...!
Sorry if any of that actually sounds like a sponsored review - it is genuinely just my own humble opinion!! But if anyone from Montezuma's is reading, I'm not too proud to accept free chocolate!!!
(Sorry also if you hate ...'s and multiple ?'s and !'s) :)
(and emoticons...)
on 6 March 2012
absolutely gorgeous, smooth, stunning milk chocolate. this is some of the best british chocolate i've had. not too sweet like thorntons or commercial like cadburys. it is far better quality than both. go on, treat yourself!!!!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 April 2012
Delicious chocolate buttons, smooth chocolate, good quality ingredents. They are not too sweet,like many other brands whose major ingredient seems to be sugar. These chocolate buttons are also gluten free, suitable for my wife, who also does not like overly sweet things. These were just right!
on 16 August 2014
It is really hard to get through a whole packet of these as they are very satisfying to eat. Although they contain sugar, they are also filled with goodness from a high amount of organic cocoa and from organic milk. They taste lovely and a few are enough. It is a shame they have increased so much in price.
on 9 June 2014
Bought for a party to try and do something different-all the family thought other wise,they loved them so the chocolates were shared. You see it is not only children who love chocolate adults can give them a run for their money. Many thanks. Margaret Smart
on 14 May 2013
montezuma milk has a very different taste and texture to other mass market brands. It's good stuff :)
A much smaller list of ingredients than the others, which is reassuring, and so I feel like I'm eating a more honest representation of milk choc.
on 2 May 2013
Can't rate these highly enough, they are my special indulgence! Not as sweet as some high street brand which I find better.
on 11 September 2015
A friend bought me a packet of the Montezuma's Chocolate Buttons earlier in the year and I found them very moorish, they really cheered me up after surgery.
on 20 February 2015
These are the best chocolate buttons in my humble opinion..good buy in bulk purchasers...
on 13 February 2016
Heck more giant choco drops to Montezuma's recipe - whats not to devour with intent?

See one answered question