4.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Convert!
I first noticed Buffs some years ago and was not convinced. Heavily marketed in places like Millets, Blacks, and Cotswold Camping they seemed very much an overpriced fashion accessory for trendy backpacking hipsters, and not something to be seen in as a self respecting gentleman over 30!

Being a fan of merino wool however I recently stumbled across this woollen...
Published 13 months ago by MyLittleEye

3.0 out of 5 stars Very useful piece of outdoor wear
This is a nice, very useful product.
My only gripe is that on a bike ride I got a right soaking in the rain, and when I squeezed the water out lots of the black dye came out with it. I would have thought it would be more colourfast than this.
Published 5 months ago by Ian A Radcliffe

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Convert!, 11 Feb. 2014

Being a fan of merino wool however I recently stumbled across this woollen version which caused me to reconsider.
The principle attraction was it's neat compactness; here was a garment professing similar functions to a scarf and more, yet which tucks down to about the size of a cigarette packet. Still somewhat sceptical I resolved to splash out on a very conservative grey version.

I have to say I'm delighted I gave it a try. Small enough to live in my coat pocket I'm rarely without it now. Mainly used as a scarf or sometimes as a beanie to cover my ears. It works especially well combined with a hat or cap and is thin enough to slip under a cycle helmet keeping ears face and neck toastie whilst out on wintery roads without overheating - I'm converted now and will most likely get more as gifts.

So why not five stars? I do think it is a marvellously innovative product with great value in it's versatility.
Even so, £20 for a 50g 2' tube of fabric does sting the wallet no matter how pretty the packaging.
- I still recommend it highly however -

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, 15 Dec. 2012
Light weight but warm and very comfortable to wear. Something suitable for putting in a pocket or in a handbag. Have yet to try it as a snood but feel sure it will do the job. I did buy this for my husband but claimed it first and have since bought him another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wool Buff, 6 Feb. 2013
Excellent item, lightweight but really effective, what particularly like about it is that if indoors it can be pulled down and looks like a neckerchief, it's thin material but rally effective how ever it is worn

5.0 out of 5 stars A PRODUCT THAT WORKS....., 3 Mar. 2013
I wear it all the time...should have bought one a long time ok. I now have two of these. Good price arrived quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Merino Wool Buff Snood, 12 Jan. 2014
I saw this product in an outdoor clothing/equipment shop & liked it but thought it was expensive. Via Amazon Market Place i found the same product from Knee Down at a much better price. It is brilliant and I wear it frequently, it is very flexible as you can wear as a neck scarf or hood to keep your ears and chin warm. i was so impressed I bought one for my husband.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very useful piece of outdoor wear, 7 Oct. 2014
Ian A Radcliffe (Stockport, Cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a nice, very useful product.

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit of an experiment in that it sounded interesting and it couldn't possibly delivered what it promised?, 25 May 2013
It did everything it was said to do and more. I had never thought such a simple thing could be so versatile or make such a difference in cold weather. I wear it when I cycle and can't ever believe I got by without one before.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job for cyclists, 5 Feb. 2014
Bought this to replace an ordinary buff I lost. Not much difference to the synthetic one, I thought it would be thicker. Warm though, does the job fine, and isn't at all itchy

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, thinner than I though, 1 Mar. 2015
Thin but works well as intended. Not sure how well it will last given its thinness but pleased overall. Good for chilly days for real cold you will want something thicker

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, 15 Nov. 2014