on 23 July 2012
These baked beans are a staple part of my diet as they are wheat free, dairy free - and tasty! A healthy option to the usual baked beans, with a much better flavour and texture than the usual supermarket baked beans.

I have a regular delivery which is always on time. Excellent product! Excellent service!
on 14 September 2012
These beans look quite different in colour and size than your typical baked beans: the beans are smaller, firmer and darker in colour. I was a little worried that I wouldn't like them but how wrong I was! They really taste delicious and the texture is really pleasant in the mouth, truly wholesome. The supermarket baked beans now seem soggy to me. What's more, these beans have a pleasant nutty flavour (maybe due to nutmeg being one of the bean sauces ingredients).
on 18 May 2013
Really tasty beans and sauce - darker colour and may not be to your taste if you like sweet salty processed type supermarket variety - family and I love healthy foods with strong flavours and spices which these have.
on 21 September 2012
This tastes awful! The product smells and tastes like apple. Ok, there is apple juice in the sauce (probably to sweeten it) but it is just so wrong. Nothing nice about it. Also the beans itself are still too raw for our taste.
on 18 October 2013
While these beans taste fabulous they can't be faulted on taste quality or value, after all they are Organic. thank you.
on 3 November 2012
I didn't want to cut out baked beans whilst cutting out sugar and although these don't taste the same as supermarket beans, I got used to them after my second tin and actually prefer them now. They're herby and healthy. Plenty of beans in the tin, I some times add a bit of water. Contains Sea salt which is healthier than 'normal' salt - we all need a bit of salt... Cheaper to buy here than in the health food shop.
on 12 October 2013
So you open the tin and you are greeted by an inch of a clear liquid on the top - you pour the tin out into a pan and start cooking them and visually you see the beans are very small. While they are heating up two smells come up to hit you, the first is apple the second is cinnamon. Now I like apples and I love cinnamon but that's all these beans taste of and the beans are hard, really hard - they seem to be undercooked to me. We bought these in bulk but after a few attempts we found they just ruined your meals - we tried pouring the apple juice off - but then you're left with this overwhelming cinnamon taste, I love cinnamon but this just pervades everything. We tried resoaking the beans and using them in bean dishes but still the cinnamon just dominated everything. Why they chose to use apple juice as a sweetener I have no idea, although I suppose you have to content with the millions of people who just don't seem to understand the chemical nature of sugars - I've had agave sweetened beans before and they were fine so why use a sweetener with a flavour to it? Apple juice would be a cheap sweetener of course, maybe after splashing out on so much cinnamon they were left short on the budget, or they were trying to hide the weird apple taste. These beans are disgusting, really vile, I have done everything I can to avoid not using them, I hate waste, but I've run out of ideas now and will have to give them away - though I feel uncomfortable doing that, What do you say to a friend 'Hi, do you like disgusting beans, if so I have a treat for you' so that leaves charity routes but the hungry don't deserve to be fed filth like this.

Further to this I get the impression from other reviews that many people are buying these beans because of a perceived healthiness or lower sugar content or because they are more nutritious. Yet quickly comparing these to Suma Organic Baked beans I found the Whole Earth beans were higher in sugars and fat than the Suma beans.
on 22 July 2014
These beans are a really healthy alternative to traditional sugar soaked beans. The bonus is they have a unique and addictive taste which really compliments rye bread and other dense wholemeal breads and the like which tend to accompany a healthy lifestyle. I hope to see them available on subscribe and save again soon.
on 1 November 2012
Not a complete disaster, but I probably wouldn't buy again.

As another reviewer commented, there is a noticeable apple tang to these beans. I'm not sure why they have used apple juice instead of organic sugar, but maybe they have a reason that I can't myself fathom.

I've tried several cans so far and all have exhibited sauce containing lots of small bubbles, as if some sort of fermentation is taking place!

They would probably work well with roast pork dishes and I think I will reserve my remaining tins for that purpose. Not a 'Baked Beans-on-Toast' item!
on 1 May 2013
Having never tried these before i have to say they are very good and have more taste than the average non organic tin of beans.
I will buy these again against the non organic brands.