5.0 out of 5 stars AVG PC Tuneup 2012
This is a good product which I have used for the last 12 months without a single problem. All the necessary "house keeping" programs are at your finger tips. My reason for purchasing was that my previous 12 month 1 PC license subscription had expired and I wanted to also use this progam on my wife's laptop.

HOWEVER there are a couple of points that I must...
Published on 28 Feb 2012 by Handy Andy

1.0 out of 5 stars no joy
Published 18 months ago by pcsnake

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars AVG PC Tuneup 2012, 28 Feb 2012
Handy Andy (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AVG PC TuneUp 3 user, 1 Year License (PC) (CD-ROM)

HOWEVER there are a couple of points that I must mention:-

1) The Cd supplied contained AVG PC Tuneup 2011, Version 26. The latest AVG PC Tuneup 2012 Version 27 has to be downloaded from avg .com.

2) If you have a previous license expired version of AVG PC Tuneup installed on your PC the Uninstall section of the Setup Wizard does not remove the old license number embedded in your Registry so you continue to be informed that "Your subscription has expired, Please renew" and you are not provided with the ablity to register the license number of your new version.

After talking to AVG Support 0800 072 1799 it transpired that you require a link to a "KeyRemover.exe" file "https://share.avg.com/steam/KeyRemover.exe". Running this file removes the outdated License Number from the Registry and the AVG PC Tuneup Home Page > HELP > ABOUT now provides the option "Register New Product".

Despite the above I thoroughly recommend this product

5.0 out of 5 stars PC Tune Up, 18 April 2012
A. Atkinson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AVG PC TuneUp 3 user, 1 Year License (PC) (CD-ROM)
I am not computer literate so this product allows me to automatically carry out very detailed technical examinations that I could not possibly entertain doing myself. I have been using PC TuneUp for a year or so and in that time my computer has maintained its smooth operation, has not crashed and seems to thrive on the 'touch of a button' automatic resistry repairs, etc, etc, etc.

1.0 out of 5 stars no joy, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: AVG PC TuneUp 3 user, 1 Year License (PC) (CD-ROM)
I am a long time user of AVG for virus protection etc. I have been satisfied and have had no problems. I tried to use pc tuneup and paid for it. I can't get it activated. It keeps coming up and then is hard to get off the screen and demands I pay for it again. If I go to the help screen and look at "about" I see the product is activated and the key is there. But all I get is constant demands for more money which I can't get off the screen even with task manager end task. I usually have to reboot.

I have written emails to AVG and they do not respond. This is a very bad product!!

1.0 out of 5 stars works once.. sort of, 15 May 2012
Mr. C. Mann - See all my reviews
This review is from: AVG PC TuneUp 3 user, 1 Year License (PC) (CD-ROM)
All started well with this product, ran tests made all recomended changes and rebooted. Seemed quicker restarting too.. however.. that didnt last long at all, so ran another test according to the software more changes needed , completed these as recomended again rebooted.. now startup was slower than ever before. each and every time i run this program it says i need to make changes even if i run it straight after i i have just ran it. I own the 3 pc version but wont be putting it on any others . Has made system slower not quicker. It frees up a negligable amount of memory etc. but this can be done by simply using windows tools.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good but annoying bug stops office working properly - help desk no help!, 27 Sep 2013
David BUNNEY (England, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AVG PC TuneUp 3 user, 1 Year License (PC) (CD-ROM)
Purchased and installed this 3 weeks ago.

Seems to do what it says, fixes lots of problems and shuts down unnecessary programs to get most performance out of the machine. However there is a bug and the help desk people were a waste of space... I spent 30 min talking via chat one night and then 30 min on hold the next night before being told Office has problems its nothing to do with AVG. This turns out not to be true.

About 2 weeks ago I started having problems with MS Office 2010 opening fewer and fewer 'untrusted' documents. The help desk could not or would not help me. I have now uninstalled this program and the Word/Excel files that would not open before open once more in protected mode.

Pity about this as I bought the program because the 2011 was great.

If AVG had been interested and fixed this problem I would give it five stars. As it is it stops me from working with colleagues and I have to give it a poor rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars AVG PC TuneUp 3 user, 1 year licence, 20 April 2012
This review is from: AVG PC TuneUp 3 user, 1 Year License (PC) (CD-ROM)
Very good and worthwhile installation. It does slow things a bit on startup though, which goes against the claim of AVG Internet Security. Internet Security claims to work when computer is not doing heavy work. Startup is a heavy time and I can see a marked difference. In optimization terms it does a good job and I have tested this using other installed programs. These programs are now uninstalled, so the startup slowness is not because of these extra programs.

1.0 out of 5 stars CHKDSK problems and wiped out word file, 15 May 2014
This review is from: AVG PC TuneUp 3 user, 1 Year License (PC) (CD-ROM)
Had this on trial on two machines. One is in a loop checking the disk. Keeps saying 'a disk check has been scheduled' and hasn't stopped. Decided to see how many times it wants to CHKDSK. 4 times so far. This started after installing the AVG tune up suggesting that the disk should be checked. Sounds alright but why isn't it stopping after it finds the disk OK? On another machine, opened a word doc and tried to save again with error message 'file couldn't be found'. Had to wait a day to get my backup file from work and tried again after uninstalling AVG tune up. Guess what? No problems. Think another reviewer had a similar issue with Microsoft word program. Don't really need this hassle if my machine is a bit slow. At least it works and doesn't wipe out files!

1.0 out of 5 stars AVG, 16 Feb 2014
S. Sheppard - See all my reviews
This review is from: AVG PC TuneUp 3 user, 1 Year License (PC) (CD-ROM)
I bought this 3 user disc and its a total waste of money. put it on my new laptop and had to take it back to the shop I got my laptop to be told my problem was due to the tune up. the next day my main machine went completely down for the same reason. luckily i did not put it on my husbands machine. it does not work and only causes problems and cost you money. VERY BAD BUY

4.0 out of 5 stars AVG Tune-up, 25 Mar 2013
R. T. Merry - See all my reviews
This review is from: AVG PC TuneUp 3 user, 1 Year License (PC) (CD-ROM)
Despite my reservations about the effectiveness of these computer maintenance programs this one has proved to be very good. I would like to see how it is working in 6 - 12 months time before I give it 5 stars, but early impressions are favorable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Tidying Up your PC, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: AVG PC TuneUp 3 user, 1 Year License (PC) (CD-ROM)
Easy to use and run. It certainly helps you clean up and tune your PC. Just be-careful you don't disable anything you really need. You can re-enable, but you want to avoid this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

AVG PC TuneUp 3 user, 1 Year License (PC)
AVG PC TuneUp 3 user, 1 Year License (PC) by AVG Technologies Ltd. (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Out of stock