Format: DVD|Change

We are really not a fan of CGI animation in our house. But Thomas has done it in such a slow way before we know it we are loving the CGI animation just as much as classic Thomas. In this set you get all of series 13, 20 episodes, that's 3 hours & 40mins of Thomas & hes cheeky friends. All in all a very good series & we all enjoyed it. I have also posted below a full list of the episodes on this set.

Episode 1 – Creaky Cranky, 25 January 2010
Episode 18 – Henry's Good Deeds, 17 February 2010
Episode 19 – Buzzy Bees, 18 February 2010
Episode 20 – Hiro Helps Out, 19 February 2010
on 4 September 2012
my 3yr old loves thomas and i believe this was the first dvd that is all animation. it starts with a cranky story and there are plenty of entertaining stories after that. keeps my daughter quiet and enthralled whilst its on, which is saying something for a 3yr old!!
on 16 January 2016
The first full animated series of Thomas and although it started strong i began to notice a massive correlation in every single story.. every story has an engine make a mistake about something three times and then find a solution.. every story for 20 episodes. My daughter became bored towards the end after the novelty of a fresh new look Thomas had worn off and went back to asking me to put on older series. Im hoping this is teething troubles and will be rectified for the upcoming series.
on 31 December 2012
Season 13, as well as Season 15 and Season 16, is the worst season of Thomas. Every episode consists of an engine being given a ludicrous 'special' job. Then the engine does something wrong 3 times (sometimes twice) until the engine realizes that they have done something wrong/gets shouted at by the Fat Controller. Then makes a 30 second speech about it then puts it right and Fat Controller's full trust is put back into the engine ready for the next episode. Also the rhyming in this series is annoying.

However, the star comes from the Amazing animation made by Nitrogen Studios based in Canada. Who animated the show from Season 13-16. Shame they didn't have some good writing to animated for.

Obviously, if you are building up a collection, buy this DVD so it looks neat, if you are starting a collection, buy the Classics, Season 1-7. The first 5 Seasons are amazing, Season 6 is Great and Season 7 is good. They have also recently had new cover redesign to match this and Season 12.

Bottom Line - Only buy this if you are expanding your collection, not if you are starting one.
on 27 December 2012
This was a present and it has been watched many times in the last 2 weeks since I gave it for his birthday. It lasts for many hours and he never gets bored of it! A fantastic follow on from the other series which he has!
on 11 March 2012
Having watched clips from many of the episodes in this series on the Thomas web site with my son, I was looking forward to the release of this, the first fully CGI series, for a long time. Happily it didn't dissappoint, and looks even better on a large 40" flatscreen than it did on the small preview you could see on the home page.

The Ringo Starr originals were great when I was a child, but it is clear that this new technology superscedes the old models in every way. The characters are brought to life, and especially the 'people' characters such as the fat controller, drivers etc. are now excellently animated. Michael Angelis the narrator is a perfect fit with this new format.

In short, if you enjoy the clips on the Thomas web site, you will love this!
on 3 January 2013
I was somewhat horrified that my 2 year old's favourite present was this Thomas DVD. He spent a reasonable chunk of Christmas Day watching it (I know, I know, I can hear all the tut tutting.... bad parent etc) Needless to say I would recommend this DVD to any Thomas fans out there.
on 28 January 2013
Whilst I find Thomas the Tank Engine annoyingly repetative, my 3 year old son absolutely adores it and can never have enough of watching it. Nice to see some new stories which aren't replayed on TV too much yet. And some new characters.
on 18 June 2016
The new Thomas is much different from when I was a boy, but technology has improved the product and season 13 is a veritable feast of enjoyment!
on 18 October 2013
Bought for our grandson's birthday (he is 2) He loves Thomas so this was a welcome present for him - Great!