4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad Not bad at all
Published 2 months ago by ladyday

1.0 out of 5 stars A stove that melts!
After using this product in accordance with the instructions, under acceptable load and conditions, over the course of 4 days and consuming one and a half gas canisters, a significant amount of the underside of the Campingaz Bistro 300 melted, resulting in the burner now sitting at an angle, and me having no faith in further use of this product.
Avoid.
Published 1 month ago by Gerard F

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad Not bad at all, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Campingaz Bistro 300 Single Burner Stove -Grey (Sports)
I have used this at two weekend festivals. Because I was going in a car I felt able to take this otherwise I would manage with my Hexi stove. Anyway you have to plan how and what you are cooking. Boiling water is the main things. Boile water for hot drinks, for boiled eggs, for boil in the bag food etc. There is only one cooking ring so like I said its planning. The canister was fiddly to get in as I was afraid to push firmly in case something broke! But eventually I rocked it in place. First time boiled water in ...yes three minutes. After that it took forever, so use a kettle of double up your billy cans. The second day the wind hit and I realised there was no wind shield like the previous style had its lid! Hmm, so the gas was blown out frequently and we had to improvise with wind shields. As a result the canister was used up before we could get a good rolling boil. Third day, second canister, but I was also using my Hexi stove (yes I always have back up!), and we were able to boil water for couscous and a boil in the bag meal, using that water for tea & coffee. I have it and will keep it and could recommend it but it actually was a gift. Next time I will take a couple more canisters of gas and a wind shield. It was also very very lightweight and easy to carry. I put it in a string bag and had it on my shoulder. Plus u don't need matches as it has an ignition light.

1.0 out of 5 stars A stove that melts!, 9 Aug 2014
Avoid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat little effective cooker to pop in the back of the car for occasional use, 7 Sep 2014
This review is from: Campingaz Bistro 300 Single Burner Stove -Grey (Sports)
As long as you don't pay the top prices for this product I would rate it as well built. I've used it twice now for quite extended periods and the gas lasts well. The manufacturer says on the box it will last cooking for over an hour and my tests suggest this to be accurate in practice. The ring is quite high away from the flame (I saw this is another comment) so it is possible in windy conditions heat could be lost or the flame affected, I have not tried in windy conditions so don't know, for me it worked very well boiling a large 5 litre saucepan of water quickly.
The piezo lighter mechanism works well, it comes in a neat little box for transport, all in a all a sweet little cooker to pop in the back of the car for occasional use. The only negative I would state is the odd choice of finish around the cooking surface by the flame. It is a matt textured metal of some kind which actually seems to absorb hot fat splashes etc. which are then impossible to clean away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Campingaz Bistro 300 Single Burner Stove -Grey (Sports)
Bought one last year from Halfords whilst on holiday, really impressed so got another. Small and convenient in own carry case.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for summer camping with a windshield / camp kitchen, 9 April 2012
David Grant (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Campingaz Bistro 300 Single Burner Stove -Grey (Sports)
This stove will only take the Campingaz 300 cartridge. Unlike other Bistro stoves, this will not take the widely available and inexpensive CP250 third party cartridges. The 300 cartridges are more widely available in Europe however than the 250. OK for UK camping in the summer for boiling. Small footprint, ideal for table top use, but only outdoors. You will need a windshield.

Comes with useful box.

If you want to use this indoors, forget it unless you buy the STOPGAS version, which Campingaz, only think should be sold to the French and German markets, though, there are some to be had on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of equipment, 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: Campingaz Bistro 300 Single Burner Stove -Grey (Sports)
Brilliant, makes picnicking even more enjoyable, boils a kettle in about 3 mins as long as it's protected from the wind, looks good aswell

4.0 out of 5 stars Outdoor cooking, 5 Aug 2014
This review is from: Campingaz Bistro 300 Single Burner Stove -Grey (Sports)
Good value but the gaz cylinder was a little smaller than expected,therefore does not last long

Campingaz Bistro 300 Single Burner Stove -Grey