Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 March 2012
The follow-up to 2009's "Good Day", Peter White's 13th studio effort, 2012's "Here We Go", features more of the adept smooth jazz guitarist's lyrical and lightly funky cuts.
Sticking primarily to his acoustic nylon-string guitar, White mixes in keyboards, various percussion instruments, saxes, and horns to create various moods throughout with the primary vibe being one of relaxed joy.
To these ends, we get the steamy R&B-infused cut "Time Never Sleeps", the languid instrumental pop of "Our Dance", and the club-ready dance number "Joyride".
Adding to the sophisticated aura of the album are guest appearances by such artists as David Sanborn, Andrew Neu, and Kirk Whalum. M. Collar

The album debuts at # 4 of the Billboard Jazz Albums Chart.
Issue date: 31 March, 2012

Good Day
on 26 May 2012
Peter White's "Here we go" album is not quite as instantly appealing as "Glow" (2001) but hopefully most of us have moved on from then, Peter's latest is much more sophisticated, title track is uptempo which gradually builds up (Peter White style) into a brass explosion which is provided by one of my favourite horn player's Kirk Whalum, notable tracks for me are "Reunion" and the upbeat "Night after night" and one that keeps repeating in your head hours after hearing it is "Time never sleeps" followed by the extremely subtle "Our dance", chuck some meat on the BBQ and listen to "Joyride" a great Summer song, all in all yet another Peter White at his classic best.

Peter white was a guitarist with Al Stewart, featured on tracks such as, "On the border" & "Year of the cat" and since the 90s Peter White has established himself as a superb Smooth Jazz artist in addition to Peter's own albums he is a much sort after session artist and is featured with many many smooth Jazz artists cd's. Peter does a couple of one off venues here in the UK most years and has lived in the US for many years. Peter toured the UK when Smooth Jazz enjoyed a much higher profile (Guitars Saxes & more) with artists such as Rick Braun, Richard Elliot, Brian Culbertson, Four play.(Bob James) Steve Cole supported Peter when he played at the Palace Hotel, Manchester, small intimate venue where guests were shown these artists deep appreciation with one the best Smooth Jazz nights that I can remember, the really thing is these two artists are genuinely nice guys.
on 30 April 2012
I'm disappointed with this album. In comparison to earlier CD's (Glow, Perfect Moment, Caravan of Dreams etc), this in my opinion, doesn't show Peter White at his best. The actual songwriting is great; it's the production that lets the album down. There's far too much going on in the background, which detracts from Peter's wonderful guitar playing and ability. The overall effect is one of 'over-production', and for me this spoils the album. I'd much rather listen to something more simple and natural, which Peter is clearly capable of doing. He's a very talented musician - his live performances are superb - and he shouldn't hide his talent behind all these other effects and noise
on 29 June 2013
As far as I am concerned Peter can do no wrong, whatever he produces it is always first rate. This album is no exception with every track top rate. It always amazes me how he finds time to record album's considering all the travelling he does, so do not hesitate if you are a P.W fan go and buy it A.S.A.P.
on 1 July 2013
I have recently been introduced to Peter White's music by my brother-in-law and it is a style I really like. I have recently bought some his other albums and 'Here We Go' is an excellent album. I rate it highly and would recommend it to others who like "smooth jazz".
on 28 March 2012
Well after 'Good Day' which frankly was just an OK day, comes this little belter. He's got his mojo back and it shows.
Peter is capable of some quite astounding playing and this showcases it very nicely. I have waited for an offering
that matched 'Confidential' and this is damned close. Good to see Dave Sanborn make an appearance as well.
Look forward to seeing this at the Pizza Express some time soon. Keep it up Pedro, this is exactly what your fans want.
on 8 September 2012
I own most of Peter Whites albums, this being my latest aquisition. It's not my favourite, the classical/spanish influence is not quite what I expected. It does remain still very listenable.
on 26 March 2013
I have met Peter White and can tell you he's a very nice considerate man who gives you the time and is happy to answer the odd Email unlike Al Stewart who is the exactly the opposite, Peter signed my Al Stewart Concert ticket at the Royal Albert Hall al stewarts management were very threatening and were refusing him to sign anything other than merchandise bought at the venue
This Album is just as nice as it's author, it's a no brainer just buy it.
on 28 January 2015
bought as a present for an avid modern jazz fan. was greatly appreciated and gets played very often. arrived on time in good condition. can't complain.
on 28 June 2015
Terrific albulm by my favourite master of cool!