Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.49

on 4 February 2009
I bought this CD for my wife based on the recommendation I heard for it from a radio interview with Elbow's Guy Garvey!

It is a fantastic CD. Lots of boogey woogey rock and roll tracks that get everyone in the house jumping around and dancing - even the children!

A hugely enjoyable CD, well worth the money.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 March 2015
The influential singer, trumpeter & entertainer Louis Prima(1911-1978) led an exuberant band during the 1950s with Keely Smith(vocal); Sam Butera(tenor sax); James 'Little Red' Blount, Jr(trombone); Willie McCumber(piano); Jack Marshall(guitar); Amato Rodrigues(bass) & Bobby Morris(drums).
This excellent CD features some of his greatest hits for CAPITOL recorded in Los Angeles on April 19 & 20 and September 13, 1956.
The music is a heady mix of jazz, R & B, Rock & Roll and Latin combined with hilarious vocals and superb instrumental playing which makes 'The Wildest!' an ideal introduction to Louis Prima's 1950s recordings.
on 23 February 2009
If you are a fan of swing, do not hesitate to buy this album.

Louis Prima at his best.
on 20 August 2015
Louis Prima was the voice of King Louis in Disney's Jungle Book. If you like "King of the Swingers" (and I have never met anyone who does not) then this is the album for you.
on 6 March 2014
This album cheers me up every time I hear it! Full of life and fun, I'd loved to have seen Louis and his band live!
on 20 January 2012
I love this album. It evokes the 60's perfectly. Reminds me of cuba too. It has a rather decadent atmosphere to it.
on 23 December 2015
Oh my goodness I love Louis Prima!! Heard him in an Italian restaurant a and had to buy the CD. I love it!!
on 17 February 2016
All the greats on here from Louis can't fault it at all. Wonderful stuff.
on 27 September 2015
Lots of memories from the past.
on 4 December 2015
Great album of jazz swingers.