4.0 out of 5 stars Great slide phone, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Samsung Captivate Glide I927 Mobile Phone (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I recieved item within 3 days was well packaged very impressed.The phone was just what I was looking for a physical keyboard. I have a xperia mini pro but was finding it hard to see my messages with the 3inch screen. I have had to do alot of searching for a better phone with the physical keyboard but I have found it in this phone. It is only about 6months younger than my old phone but has alot more going for it. The screen which was advertised at 4inches i was worried it was not going to be alot bigger but it is surprising how much bigger it is. The phone would of got a 5star but there are a few issues. The text spell check does not show with physical keyboard only on touch screen but i just got the app swift key and that works perfect with it. There are alot of blout apps which are routed to phone so you are stuck with them and most are american so useless realy but there is alot of memory to cope with the extra i put on. All in all a great phone would recomend it. The phone apps do also need to be updated when purchased as the apps that are used like facebook are out of date. Well worth what i paid for it. I was worried my sim would not work with phone but have a tesco sim which works perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well unless you have lots of apps, might not last longer than a year., 6 May 2014
I have owned this phone for a year now, and I am impressed with it. The reason I bought it was because of the physical keyboard merged with a touch screen smartphone, and for this purpose it is a great phone. The keyboard is great to use, the keys are very flush to the back but they are not hard to press once you get used to it, which shouldn't take long. The keys light up and you can change settings to choose how long you want them lit for after pressing. The sliding mechanism is great and hasn't become loose or stiff after a year. However the plastic back is very flimsy, and although I don't often remove it, it has cracked and the top corner has broken off. This isn't a problem for me but it doesn't look as nice as it once did. Aside from the back the build quality is good and it has survived a few drops without showing any damage. The screen is unscratched despite not using a screen protector.

I have found the camera to be very good, it takes very nice photos and the front camera is fine for all it is required for. There is a lot of pre-installed software on the phone which I can't take advantage of because it's an American phone, so they are American services. I disabled all of the apps I don't and won't use because you can't fully delete them. I recently found that I have run out of space a few times, even though I moved all the apps I could onto my SD card. There are some apps which cannot run off the SD card so won't be transferable, and I found that I had used up all of the space in the internal memory when trying to update the small number of apps I had (about 20). I don't use this phone for games, although it is powerful enough to run most mobile games.

The problems I have had with this phone are regarding the battery. With the screen brightness always on minimum I still find myself using the 'power saving mode' activated through the settings. Even with this on, it will only just last a day and if you leave mobile internet on it will struggle to top 10 hours of use. If you want the screen at a comfortable brightness and use your phone a lot during the day don't expect it to last long at all, I often have to top up my phone charge when a plug is available so carry a phone charger round with me. Also, recently I have been having problems with the phone battery where the phone goes from having >50% charge left to thinking it's run out of battery completely and switching off. After waiting for a few minutes and turning the phone on again it will be back at around the same level of battery as it started at, although the first time it happened the battery graph showed the phone charging itself from 4% up to 42% without being connected to a charger. It has happened a few times, although the most recent time left the phone unable to fully turn on (it would switch off again after about 30 seconds after each reboot) until I connected it to a charger. This is really becoming a problem as it begins to do it more frequently, and I am unsure whether it is a problem with the battery or with the phone itself.