5.0 out of 5 stars Could not stop reading
Stargate Atlantis: Mirror, Mirror (Stargate Atlantis)

Published on 10 Sep 2008 by J.S.

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing
Published on 29 Aug 2012 by Suep

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not stop reading, 10 Sep 2008
Stargate Atlantis: Mirror, Mirror (Stargate Atlantis)

An absolutely fantastic read and if more stories like this made it to TV I'm sure Atlantis wouldn't have been cancelled... The story is a bit confusing at first but that just adds to the effect... The idea is that the team discover a Quantum computer which contains the memory of an Ancient, who in the past built a device capable of elimating the Wraith from history.. However they discover too late that this is where everything goes wrong. The universe as we know it is shattered into various realities.

The book breaks down into the 5 main characters.

Teyla - Has grown old with the knowledge of what has happened. She is considered a witch in this reality as she still has the Wraith DNA inside her.

Rodney - Stuck nearly 1,000 years in the past with no memory of who he is. There is also another person with him but I don't want to spoil it for you.

Sheppard - There are actually 2 of Sheppard, the first half of the book is Major Sheppard, we then meet Colonel Sheppard who slowly takes over from the younger Sheppard.

Elizabeth - Again there are 2, one who is crazy, and the other is part of a cult.

And finally my favourite Ronan's story in a timeline where the Atlanteans never had to battle the Wraith. But they are not the loving caring Ancients we all know and love. They also control all of their "army" with an implant in their brain.

All in all it's is an entralling read and I would reccomend Mirror Mirror to any Sci Fi fan. You don't need to be an Atlantis fan to read this book. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story with small irks, 31 Dec 2008
I really liked this book, the whole idea, the adventure, the fact that we saw everybody's POV, including Zelenka's. So, why didn't I give it 5 stars? Well:

a) The author should have definitely let a Czech native speaker take a look at Zelenka's Czech phrases - some of them are totally nonsensical.
b) There were some small mistakes - like the fact that Atlantis' gate had no shield or that McKay liked a lemon cake (on the show, he's allergic to citrus!)
c) It was too bad that for the better part of the book the team was separated - which was the point after all, but I really adore those four working together!

But mostly, the one star lacking is point c). Other than that, the story was truly fascinating and I loved the whole Ikaros thingy.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, 31 Mar 2009
Cherie Wingfield "Chucknician" (Medway, England) - See all my reviews
This book is brill, great story very complex,though it takes a while to get to crips with the jumping from character to character points of view, and the fact that you have more than one Sheppard, Weir ect..

Its a once picked up you cant put down till you get to the end, fast moving plot and parts were Rodney is concerned very comical but not overtly but works well with the character. For me I could visualize the charactors doing and saying the things in the book.

The plot is so involved that you cant disclose actual details as it would spoil the story, BUT if you SGA fan this book is well worth reading. And has a feel that captures the show so well and its also very well written with stuff based on the Ancients and a hint into Sheppards geneology.

I have now read this at least 4 times and never get tired of reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a fantastic book (even more so when it only cost a ..., 21 July 2014
This was a fantastic book (even more so when it only cost a penny), and I would certainly recommend it to any other fans of this wonderful show. The premise is fascinating and the writing style is a good choice and works really well here; you only really /get/ the whole 'alternate realities' thing in bits and pieces, which makes for very immersive reading. The characterisation is spot on, it really feels like it could be an episode from the show! There was one continuity error, but only the one that I noticed, and its not really a big one (Although no doubt Rodney would beg to differ).

Also as a side note, anyone who ships McShep /needs/ this book, if only for the fact that Rodney spends the whole time wearing Sheppard's dog-tags (No spoilers, so I shan't be telling you /why/)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mirror Mirror, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: STARGATE ATLANTIS: Mirror, Mirror (Kindle Edition)
Its a good read, it gives an outlook on time lines. The story works well. I will read again sometime.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read!, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: STARGATE ATLANTIS: Mirror, Mirror (Kindle Edition)
As a great SGA fan I loved this book as it keeps the series alive for me with new stories and character developments. I must admit to buying the books randomly and out of order so, for me, there's a bit of jumping around character wise but the story is great. As I read I can imagine it televised and find it such a shame that there are so many great stories out there that will never be shown but reading them is a bonus. If you like SGA I'm sure you'll enjoy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: STARGATE ATLANTIS: Mirror, Mirror (Kindle Edition)
A very good short book, but I do wish somone will write a longer novel these only last a day or two, but a good read

2.0 out of 5 stars just aweful, 31 Mar 2013
This review is from: STARGATE ATLANTIS: Mirror, Mirror (Kindle Edition)
This is just a terrible read. Would not bother, stay a way and read an ingredients list on paint, for more interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Atlantis with a twist, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: STARGATE ATLANTIS: Mirror, Mirror (Kindle Edition)
Another take on the alternate universe theme. A Shepperd team orientated adventure with a decent balance of character storyline. Nice to see the Stargate franchise continuing with quality writing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing, 29 Aug 2012
I tend to read at night before I go to sleep, if I'm not too tired, but with this book I felt I had to read it every night otherwise I forgot where I was in the story and had to keep going back a few pages to get myself up to date. Once I got into it the story line sort of made sense but it was a bit confusing. The ending fell a bit flat, not really explaining it but if you intend to read the whole series of books then don't miss this one out.

STARGATE ATLANTIS: Mirror, Mirror